Googler
02-15 12:06 AM
Btw, apparently the law firm that argued the case for Mocanu and the others was: Orlow, Kaplan and Hohenstein (http://www.orlow.com/index.htm).
Wonder whether it is worth initiating a conversation about the validity of the legal argument for recapture (Mocanu + Aytes memo + Galvez-Howerton) with them -- they certainly know enough about the details of the name check process; they might need some more details about the 2003-2004 lost EB greencards, but I'd say they are pretty well prepped for all the other details.
Wonder whether it is worth initiating a conversation about the validity of the legal argument for recapture (Mocanu + Aytes memo + Galvez-Howerton) with them -- they certainly know enough about the details of the name check process; they might need some more details about the 2003-2004 lost EB greencards, but I'd say they are pretty well prepped for all the other details.
wallpaper lack and white, nature,
jliechty
August 14th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I would also very seriously consider the fact that Canon has undeniably the best select of lenses, and most people (except some Nikon fanatics) would probably also agree that the Canon lenses are optically better than the Nikon equivalents [although there are many factors here, some of which are based on personal experience, some are probably depending on whether you get a "good copy" or "bad copy", etc, etc].
Come on, Mats, this is ridiculous. Canon offers IS in 500 and 600mm lenses, which Nikon doesn't. Since that matters more to the people that need specialty lenses than what Nikon has over Canon (200mm f/2 VR, macro bellows options, etc.), you can have your first claim. But you're only going to get away with a lack of proof for your optical superiority claim since this site has a majority of Canonites. If you have proof for that, I'd love to see it (not that I'm going to switch to Canon anyway), but your statement reeks of the same fanaticism that you label some Nikon users with.
As for the D80, it's a nice upgrade over the D70, though there's no reason to jump now unless you need to make a big purchase of lenses (perhaps some that Pentax doesn't offer) as well. Pentax supposedly has a 10MP DSLR in the pipeline as well, though they probably won't ever achieve the breadth of lens selection that Canon or Nikon have. Of course, if you don't need anything that they don't offer, and never suspect that you will, there's no reason to worry about a "need" to switch systems.
Come on, Mats, this is ridiculous. Canon offers IS in 500 and 600mm lenses, which Nikon doesn't. Since that matters more to the people that need specialty lenses than what Nikon has over Canon (200mm f/2 VR, macro bellows options, etc.), you can have your first claim. But you're only going to get away with a lack of proof for your optical superiority claim since this site has a majority of Canonites. If you have proof for that, I'd love to see it (not that I'm going to switch to Canon anyway), but your statement reeks of the same fanaticism that you label some Nikon users with.
As for the D80, it's a nice upgrade over the D70, though there's no reason to jump now unless you need to make a big purchase of lenses (perhaps some that Pentax doesn't offer) as well. Pentax supposedly has a 10MP DSLR in the pipeline as well, though they probably won't ever achieve the breadth of lens selection that Canon or Nikon have. Of course, if you don't need anything that they don't offer, and never suspect that you will, there's no reason to worry about a "need" to switch systems.
pmb76
07-17 05:42 PM
Hi,
This is for a good friend of mine. He is going to get married in dec 2007. He has already applied for 140 premium processing. There is a opportunity to apply for 485 by end of this month and he has asked me for advice on this matter. His labor has PD March 2005(got cleared).
My request to all IV members is to give me some advice that I can pass on to him.
Please help !
I think due to rescinding of the July visa bulletin dated July 2 there will be severe retrogression starting October 2007. Your friend should apply for I-485 now and he can turn in a follow-up I-485 for his wife after he gets married. You have to just hope that the priority dates do not become current before that. If there is any inklink of that happening in Oct bulletin I think he should try to get married sooner.
This is for a good friend of mine. He is going to get married in dec 2007. He has already applied for 140 premium processing. There is a opportunity to apply for 485 by end of this month and he has asked me for advice on this matter. His labor has PD March 2005(got cleared).
My request to all IV members is to give me some advice that I can pass on to him.
Please help !
I think due to rescinding of the July visa bulletin dated July 2 there will be severe retrogression starting October 2007. Your friend should apply for I-485 now and he can turn in a follow-up I-485 for his wife after he gets married. You have to just hope that the priority dates do not become current before that. If there is any inklink of that happening in Oct bulletin I think he should try to get married sooner.
2011 lack and white, nature,
johnnymore
03-18 04:12 PM
Wow, thanks so much for the fast responses. You can see how confused I am....I was in the wrong forum. Thank you for the heads-up and the redirection to the proper forums.
Much appreciated!!
Johnny
Much appreciated!!
Johnny
more...
vallabhu
04-26 02:17 PM
I guess we would have , as we are not leaving but chose to live with the problems.
alucard666
08-27 02:20 PM
I have already moved to company B. Have an i-140 approved from company A in 09/2006. Now that my 6 years are over in 5 months, waiting for Fragomen to determine appropriate strategy for extension since new Perm has not been pending for 365 days. Anyone have experience with extending H1 using company A I-140 when with company B?
more...
gauravsh
03-28 03:49 PM
Thanks !!
2010 stock vector : lack and white
abhikal
04-28 06:23 PM
Hi guys,
please help me out. My H1 will expire May 09 (i could claim about 3-4 months outside of india for h1 extension)
My question is if i start my LCA < 365 days from H1b expiry date and get it approved and subsequently file for 1-140 and say 1-140 is not approved, will i get H1 7th year extension?
Thanks for your help and replies
please help me out. My H1 will expire May 09 (i could claim about 3-4 months outside of india for h1 extension)
My question is if i start my LCA < 365 days from H1b expiry date and get it approved and subsequently file for 1-140 and say 1-140 is not approved, will i get H1 7th year extension?
Thanks for your help and replies
more...
needhelp!
02-15 02:09 PM
Good work Pooja!
hair Black and White Nature
tinamatthew
07-20 07:36 PM
Can someone post where they have stopped issuing interim EADs. I have not come across any USCIS specific website.
Thanks
I know I have read it on the USCIS website...I'll get it for you
Thanks
I know I have read it on the USCIS website...I'll get it for you
more...
pappu
06-12 05:27 PM
Under current scenario, How we (IV) can request to Fix issues of Legal Immigrants first before illegal immigrants (CIR)?
Check my detailed post on another thread
Check my detailed post on another thread
hot Black Wildebeest (White-tailed
vgayalu
01-20 07:13 PM
At this time ,if IV is able to anounce clearly about I 485 filing option trails,
Our guys can get good inspiration in fund raising.
This is just my openiun. If it hurts anybody please excuse.
vgayalu
Our guys can get good inspiration in fund raising.
This is just my openiun. If it hurts anybody please excuse.
vgayalu
more...
house lack and white nature clouds
rahul2699
05-24 07:23 AM
Thanks a lot I learned a lot here.
if you've benefited from the forum, please think about participating IV efforts. This campaign is working hard towards bringing relief to the EB community so that we don't have to go through H-1B extension/transfer hassles.
if you've benefited from the forum, please think about participating IV efforts. This campaign is working hard towards bringing relief to the EB community so that we don't have to go through H-1B extension/transfer hassles.
tattoo lack and white Photograph
goel_ar
05-01 09:29 AM
I just got my Labor approved (PD - 2/22/2008) . Attorneys are working on filing I-140.
1. Shall I wait for I-140 PP to re-instate or go ahead with normal processing?
2. Is there 'ANY' chance that my PD will be current before I get I-140 approval when filed through normal processing?
Thanks,
Ag
1. Shall I wait for I-140 PP to re-instate or go ahead with normal processing?
2. Is there 'ANY' chance that my PD will be current before I get I-140 approval when filed through normal processing?
Thanks,
Ag
more...
pictures Black and White, Nature
magician7989
09-05 05:01 PM
You can not be serious about this!!
dresses Examples of Black and White
krishna_brc
07-06 11:18 AM
I just received this RFE on my spouse's I-485 application. It states that while the applicant's name is spelt **i**** on the application it is spelt **ee**** on the birth and marriage registration certificate. The RFE states that they require some sort of document to show that name was officially changed. In a following note the RFE states that the document (I would assume the green card) that the USCIS will issue will be issued in the name on the birth certificate instead of on I-485 application if sufficient proof of registration of name change is not provided. Only a copy of the passport will not be treated as sufficient proof and supporting documentation that the name was registered with authority has to be provided for the USCIS to accept the name change.
Did anyone face this type of issue. What did you do. Any information would be appreciated as I have no clue about how to deal with this. I will ofcourse consult a lawyer at the beginning of next week but would like some advice.
Not to panic. As said by "trump_gc" prepare an affidavit explaining the correct name and ask the attorney to send an amendment request on 485 if name has to be changed along with all supporting documents and explaining the current situation.
Also please let us know your Priority Date and Receipt Date of I-485 and service center, this helps members of IV understand what PD and RD currently uscis is reviewing.
Thanks,
Krishna
Did anyone face this type of issue. What did you do. Any information would be appreciated as I have no clue about how to deal with this. I will ofcourse consult a lawyer at the beginning of next week but would like some advice.
Not to panic. As said by "trump_gc" prepare an affidavit explaining the correct name and ask the attorney to send an amendment request on 485 if name has to be changed along with all supporting documents and explaining the current situation.
Also please let us know your Priority Date and Receipt Date of I-485 and service center, this helps members of IV understand what PD and RD currently uscis is reviewing.
Thanks,
Krishna
more...
makeup in lack amp; white, nature,
shana04
02-26 03:27 PM
What are the steps and actions to initiate the case to be picked up when the priority date is current.
Please advice!
Thanks in advance
Please advice!
Thanks in advance
girlfriend lack and white pictures of
chanduv23
09-23 08:15 PM
desinj a magazine circulated in NJ has featured IV. I will scan it and upload it
hairstyles Landscape (lack amp; white)
hopefulgc
09-16 10:21 PM
fulltime mba would have to be on F1 AFAIK. There is a detailed talk from attorney rajiv khanna's site about this. Please search on immigration.com
Hi All,
I am on H1 (beginning of my second 3 yr term on H1), EB2labor pending ( two US MS degrees in engineering) & I would like to apply for a full time MBA to NYU .
I would like to know if this is possible while being on H1. I know i can apply for a part time program.. but I would like to pursue a full time MBA or would I have to convert to a F1 ?..
How about pursuing a full time MBA with EAD ( 485 PENDING)
I would like to plan for a future scenario, as I would definitely want to pursue a MBA. Can you guys shed some light on this topic ?
Hi All,
I am on H1 (beginning of my second 3 yr term on H1), EB2labor pending ( two US MS degrees in engineering) & I would like to apply for a full time MBA to NYU .
I would like to know if this is possible while being on H1. I know i can apply for a part time program.. but I would like to pursue a full time MBA or would I have to convert to a F1 ?..
How about pursuing a full time MBA with EAD ( 485 PENDING)
I would like to plan for a future scenario, as I would definitely want to pursue a MBA. Can you guys shed some light on this topic ?
krishnam70
05-01 04:23 PM
Ya I have applied 2 months before my visa expired..Guru's any expert on this forum knows aout the period of stay after an appeal for h1 extension denial..
Unless you receive the denial letter from the USCIS we cannot give any advise. We need to know the reason. If its a trivial matter or not you can definitely do MTR and provide additional information. However this seems to be a case where USCIS has been overzealous in denying the case.
They might be asking some kind of Agreement or Letter from client based on the recent denials. Please be prepared to get such a letter from your client stating the extent of your project ( try to get a letter for the extent of your H1 or beyond that to cover yourself).
goodluck and keep the forum posted on your progress so others may benefit
- cheers
kris
Unless you receive the denial letter from the USCIS we cannot give any advise. We need to know the reason. If its a trivial matter or not you can definitely do MTR and provide additional information. However this seems to be a case where USCIS has been overzealous in denying the case.
They might be asking some kind of Agreement or Letter from client based on the recent denials. Please be prepared to get such a letter from your client stating the extent of your project ( try to get a letter for the extent of your H1 or beyond that to cover yourself).
goodluck and keep the forum posted on your progress so others may benefit
- cheers
kris
Dhundhun
06-08 01:36 PM
Dhundhun,
Thank you for your earlier help. I have one more question. My I485 with approved I140 EB2 catagory PD June 2006 is pending and God knows for how many days. My job as Mechanical Engineer is stable and employer is willing to help me. I have a PhD in Engineering with about 30 years experience in industry and teaching. However, because of industry work I do not have many publications. I am a Fellow of IEI and a recognised PhD guide in Indian University, can get good recommendations too. Can I try for EB1 in some catagory?
Thanks again
This site gives broad description of EB1 and its classification:
http://www.visaus.us/pages/greencard-EB1.htm
This is speciality area for lawyers: Can they put in EB-1(b) catagory, which is dependant on research/publication or EB-1(c) if on very senior management?
I think enough publications are required for EB-1(b), my couple of my friends with PhD could not get enough evidence to be placed in EB-1(b).
Thank you for your earlier help. I have one more question. My I485 with approved I140 EB2 catagory PD June 2006 is pending and God knows for how many days. My job as Mechanical Engineer is stable and employer is willing to help me. I have a PhD in Engineering with about 30 years experience in industry and teaching. However, because of industry work I do not have many publications. I am a Fellow of IEI and a recognised PhD guide in Indian University, can get good recommendations too. Can I try for EB1 in some catagory?
Thanks again
This site gives broad description of EB1 and its classification:
http://www.visaus.us/pages/greencard-EB1.htm
This is speciality area for lawyers: Can they put in EB-1(b) catagory, which is dependant on research/publication or EB-1(c) if on very senior management?
I think enough publications are required for EB-1(b), my couple of my friends with PhD could not get enough evidence to be placed in EB-1(b).
No comments:
Post a Comment