slightly
Dec 15, 12:27 PM
I would like to be able to sort the list of genre songs by number of recommendations - so that I can see the top tunes per genre. Currently, the number is only displayed in parentheses after the song title, and not as a sortable column.
slightly
slightly

foidulus
Nov 12, 04:38 PM
I think Apple will deliver a solid update to Final Cut Pro. I think this lag was caused a bit by the transition to 64-bit and the fact that Apple didn't manage to get Quicktime X completed in time. I think the next version of FCP will be 64-bit and will come with a new version of Quicktime X which will finally put Quicktime 7 to rest.
I would be surprised if we saw a 64 bit fcp before Lion. Apples qtkit API, which is thie only QuickTime API that you can compile in 64 bit, is really, REALLY primitive. Its going to require massive updating befor you would even think of running something like fcp with it. You cannot do anything more advanced than splice two videos together with it now. Hell even enumerating all th e codecs you can export to requires going down to 32 bits, and even the stuff that does compile in 64 bit requires a separate 32 bit process to actually do the work. T e sad thing is that apple has had plenty of time to update this API but they have essentially done nothing with it, which shows you how much they care about the pro users nowadays :mad:
I would be surprised if we saw a 64 bit fcp before Lion. Apples qtkit API, which is thie only QuickTime API that you can compile in 64 bit, is really, REALLY primitive. Its going to require massive updating befor you would even think of running something like fcp with it. You cannot do anything more advanced than splice two videos together with it now. Hell even enumerating all th e codecs you can export to requires going down to 32 bits, and even the stuff that does compile in 64 bit requires a separate 32 bit process to actually do the work. T e sad thing is that apple has had plenty of time to update this API but they have essentially done nothing with it, which shows you how much they care about the pro users nowadays :mad:
mkjellman
Oct 30, 11:45 PM
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/unwiredtec/rtcreator/gui/Converter
:(
:(
MacBytes
Sep 1, 10:15 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Trading Apple Ahead of Wednesday's Mystery Event (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100901111502)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Trading Apple Ahead of Wednesday's Mystery Event (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100901111502)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
more...
JGowan
Jul 27, 09:48 AM
I've got a thought...
You've probably already been slapped about this but I haven't read through all the posts...
Dude... I'm assuming you're a Christian to be so up-in-arms about the holiday (but I don't think that's the right example, honestly) -- you need to also be more tolerant of other religious holidays at the same time such as Hananachaka (butchered that) and Kwanza as well as some others, I'd imagine.
Wonder what price they will be by christmas (i bloody hate the term 'the holiday season'!!) anyone any thoughts?
You've probably already been slapped about this but I haven't read through all the posts...
Dude... I'm assuming you're a Christian to be so up-in-arms about the holiday (but I don't think that's the right example, honestly) -- you need to also be more tolerant of other religious holidays at the same time such as Hananachaka (butchered that) and Kwanza as well as some others, I'd imagine.
Wonder what price they will be by christmas (i bloody hate the term 'the holiday season'!!) anyone any thoughts?

Bern
Sep 24, 09:15 PM
So you'd rather his folks make all the big decisions for him and never let him become that adult?
Parents should be slowly divesting themselves of big, life decisions to their children as they grow. Yes, you can set rules of the house but you can't actually actively prevent him from doing something.
Who's talking about decisions? It's about teaching responsibilities.
Obviously you can't prevent any person from doing as they desire, but setting rules is not a prison sentence, it's a loving parent exercising their responsibility to set guidelines for a yet not grown up (technically) young adult who doesn't know any better. Sure they need to learn by their mistakes, but tell that to him when he's 19 and responsible for a baby who never asked to be brought into the world. He'll have to grow up then won't he or can he?
Parents should be slowly divesting themselves of big, life decisions to their children as they grow. Yes, you can set rules of the house but you can't actually actively prevent him from doing something.
Who's talking about decisions? It's about teaching responsibilities.
Obviously you can't prevent any person from doing as they desire, but setting rules is not a prison sentence, it's a loving parent exercising their responsibility to set guidelines for a yet not grown up (technically) young adult who doesn't know any better. Sure they need to learn by their mistakes, but tell that to him when he's 19 and responsible for a baby who never asked to be brought into the world. He'll have to grow up then won't he or can he?
more...
jouz3
Apr 1, 04:31 PM
How do I get that "now playing" widget thing like MrHyde has?
Bowtie
Bowtie

kultschar
Mar 26, 09:45 AM
It needs offline maps. Without that, it's pointless on an iPod Touch, or any WiFi-only device. If I could save just one city at a time: say I'm going to London, and I will need a map of London all day, then I could save a given radius of a London map and it would be handy.
What I do now is take screenshots of maps while I still have WiFi, but that's totally annoying to do.
Yup - offline maps with the maps on iTunes allowing you to downlaod countries or cities of choice.
I was in NYC last year and had to use hotel wifi to get the map up before I walked out into the street. Was great with the GPS but offline maps with info updates for places etc would be fantastic
What I do now is take screenshots of maps while I still have WiFi, but that's totally annoying to do.
Yup - offline maps with the maps on iTunes allowing you to downlaod countries or cities of choice.
I was in NYC last year and had to use hotel wifi to get the map up before I walked out into the street. Was great with the GPS but offline maps with info updates for places etc would be fantastic
more...

ViciousShadow21
Dec 7, 12:53 AM
i'm still new to macs, what themes(?) are you using to get the date,temperatures and current song on your desktop ? it looks amazing
those arent themes. the temp and weather are done by using GeekTool (http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/geektool/).
HERE (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=628023&highlight=geektool) is the thread on this site describing all the scripts that are used.
and the iTunes info is done by using BowTie (http://bowtieapp.com/).
those arent themes. the temp and weather are done by using GeekTool (http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/geektool/).
HERE (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=628023&highlight=geektool) is the thread on this site describing all the scripts that are used.
and the iTunes info is done by using BowTie (http://bowtieapp.com/).
iBug2
Nov 12, 08:55 PM
Jobs (and most of us here) are missing the point. It's not about getting a release window for the next iteration of FCP, it's about running a business and the need to plan according to a supplier's roadmap. This is one area where Apple totally blows: without awareness of basic features, likely timelines, and a clear product commitment, it's nerve wracking and borderline irresponsible to use Apple products in the backbone of any business.
Cue the apologists, but I've been in the driver's seat on this and for serious professionals it is an abuse that Apple should stop. If a product is claimed to be for professional use, then give the professionals the information they need to plan and run their business. If you don't get why this matters, I'm going to guess you've never run a business where you had the responsibility for people's livelihood on your shoulders.
You don't need to know a year ahead of Apple's product launch dates to run your business. There are lots of professionals using 5 year old software to get their millions of dollars of worth work done. I like software upgrades as much as the next guy, but just because it's cool to install new stuff, not that I'll be able to do much more than I can do right now with the new software.
Cue the apologists, but I've been in the driver's seat on this and for serious professionals it is an abuse that Apple should stop. If a product is claimed to be for professional use, then give the professionals the information they need to plan and run their business. If you don't get why this matters, I'm going to guess you've never run a business where you had the responsibility for people's livelihood on your shoulders.
You don't need to know a year ahead of Apple's product launch dates to run your business. There are lots of professionals using 5 year old software to get their millions of dollars of worth work done. I like software upgrades as much as the next guy, but just because it's cool to install new stuff, not that I'll be able to do much more than I can do right now with the new software.
more...
mcrain
Mar 3, 08:44 AM
@fivepoint- How about showing a little respect for the viewers of this thread and use TIMG tags on your images?
I see you still haven't had the common decency to TIMG tag your charts. As for debate with you? Why bother, it's the same thing every day with you. You just copy and paste the same things.
What is a TIMG tag, and how do you do it? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to derail this trainwreck of a thread.
I see you still haven't had the common decency to TIMG tag your charts. As for debate with you? Why bother, it's the same thing every day with you. You just copy and paste the same things.
What is a TIMG tag, and how do you do it? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to derail this trainwreck of a thread.
singhjeet29
Apr 6, 09:39 PM
12 PB doesn't sound like a lot for iTunes in the cloud. I mean if that's 12 million GB's that would only store about ~500,000 people with the amount of music I have. My libraries at 24GB and growing, but I know people with multiple 100 GB libraries.
And even if it's just a small 1 GB library, 12 PB would only cover 12 million people with libraries of that size, which again is small considering the sheer amount of people using iTunes/iPods/iPhones.
And even if it's just a small 1 GB library, 12 PB would only cover 12 million people with libraries of that size, which again is small considering the sheer amount of people using iTunes/iPods/iPhones.
more...

SchneiderMan
Aug 16, 04:29 PM
Nice, I like it:D
LOL XD :D
LOL XD :D

AP_piano295
Mar 18, 02:56 PM
I know right? Christians are totally equivalent in women's clothing to Muslims. I mean, asking for the skirts to be to their knees, for them to not see midriff, or parts of the breast is totally equivalent to making the wear burkhas. And then there is the audacity to ask for them to not be exposed to butt crack on the beach, simply appalling their curtailing of freedom!
Congratulations on so thoroughly missing the point.
Congratulations on so thoroughly missing the point.
more...
eric_n_dfw
Apr 8, 09:11 AM
I also would LOVE these games!
Add 'Paper Boy', 'Crystal Castles', and '720' I would be a happy camper.
Crystal Castles is in there (but tough to play with the faux track-ball).
Paper Boy would be cool, especially if they used the iPad gyro's as the controller!
In fact Star Wars arcade (and any of the Atari arcaded games that used that flight-yoke looking controller) using the gyro's would be awesome too. Road Blasters, Star Wars ROTJ both used it I think.
Add 'Paper Boy', 'Crystal Castles', and '720' I would be a happy camper.
Crystal Castles is in there (but tough to play with the faux track-ball).
Paper Boy would be cool, especially if they used the iPad gyro's as the controller!
In fact Star Wars arcade (and any of the Atari arcaded games that used that flight-yoke looking controller) using the gyro's would be awesome too. Road Blasters, Star Wars ROTJ both used it I think.
nevir
Oct 5, 11:36 PM
just watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMCxRl0NzqM), or any of the other related videos there
more...
Liquorpuki
Apr 12, 11:45 AM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110412/bs_nm/us_cisco;_ylt=AjkeUpPARm_z1faK.qWH6heyBhIF;_ylu=X3oDMTI5dm4ycmJpBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTEwNDEyL3VzX2Npc2Nv BGNwb3MDMgRwb3MDNgRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNjaXNjb2tpbGxzZmw-)
Totally makes no sense to me
Totally makes no sense to me

skunk
Mar 16, 01:57 PM
Good news everyone!!! You guys remember the connecticut home invasion where Dr. William Petit, his two daughters and wife were brutally attacked in their home, and the daughters and wife were tortured, raped and murdered? Well, the trial for the second suspect is going on today, and he's probably getting the death penalty!! The first suspect, steven hayes, was already sentenced to death a few months back. CHEERS!!! :D:D:D You need to increase your medication as a matter of urgency.
Firefox123
Dec 25, 05:54 AM
Is there any way to have an untethered jb for an iPod Touch 4th gen? Are there options beyond redsnow?
Merry Christmas, BTW
Merry Christmas, BTW
Nermal
Mar 24, 06:49 PM
That's normal. More "complex" songs require a higher bitrate in order to reproduce all of the original sound.
E3BK
Jan 7, 04:21 PM
As it seems that Tweetie will never re-implement the old RT style, I've been playing with a few other apps. I don't mind paying for apps that give me what I'm looking for. I cross my fingers for an update but I doubt I will ever pay for another app from Loren. Unfortunate since it was my favorite app until the last update. I paid for it twice and recommended it to so many people. The RT style is a big deal to me. Sorry. His unwillingness to listen to users that paid for his app really bothers me.
Twittelator is feature packed but maybe too much so? There's a lot of control over the look but it just always feels cluttered to me.
Simplytweet is also a pretty good app but a bit outdated as they haven't updated in a while with the new features. But it's a nice simple app with Push. The dev is working on a new app and I'm really looking forward to it. I got this for free when it was first released and I'd be willing to pay for the new app if it looks good.
Twitbird Pro is another one I got for free when it was first released and I've started using it again since the last update. It rocks my socks! I've not paid for the push feature but I really don't need it since I get an SMS when I get DM's and check it often enough. lol. I love the themes and how you can change the background image. It has all the features I want and none of that extra crap no one uses. Who the hell cares about Favstar????
One thing I *really* want to see more of is being able to post to Flickr. That is probably one of the things I miss most about Tweetie (even though it's not native).
Twittelator is feature packed but maybe too much so? There's a lot of control over the look but it just always feels cluttered to me.
Simplytweet is also a pretty good app but a bit outdated as they haven't updated in a while with the new features. But it's a nice simple app with Push. The dev is working on a new app and I'm really looking forward to it. I got this for free when it was first released and I'd be willing to pay for the new app if it looks good.
Twitbird Pro is another one I got for free when it was first released and I've started using it again since the last update. It rocks my socks! I've not paid for the push feature but I really don't need it since I get an SMS when I get DM's and check it often enough. lol. I love the themes and how you can change the background image. It has all the features I want and none of that extra crap no one uses. Who the hell cares about Favstar????
One thing I *really* want to see more of is being able to post to Flickr. That is probably one of the things I miss most about Tweetie (even though it's not native).
Marvin1379
May 1, 10:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Similar to the message that "@aol.com" sent in the 90s? Hey, I purchased aol, or prodigy, or compuserve. Just bc we have a plethora of choices of free services, it doesn't mean that someone who pays for something is obnoxious.
Similar to the message that "@aol.com" sent in the 90s? Hey, I purchased aol, or prodigy, or compuserve. Just bc we have a plethora of choices of free services, it doesn't mean that someone who pays for something is obnoxious.
macman134
Aug 1, 04:04 PM
i remembered what geektool is, and went crazy on my menu bar
otherwise it's just a new pic
http://cl.ly/ce75b7d85851578517e6
otherwise it's just a new pic
http://cl.ly/ce75b7d85851578517e6
rdowns
Sep 9, 06:21 PM
The point is you posted this in a forum for an event that happened 8 months ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment