
slapguts
Oct 9, 03:45 PM
Is it working on 3.0, or 3.0.1?
I still refuse to bump up to 3.1, don't want to lose tethering just yet.
Decided to give it a shot. Good news, works just fine on 3.0.1.
I still refuse to bump up to 3.1, don't want to lose tethering just yet.
Decided to give it a shot. Good news, works just fine on 3.0.1.

pmz
Apr 25, 10:14 AM
Releasing this now is the dumbest thing Apple has ever done.
Caetano
Mar 25, 03:38 PM
I'm seeing/hearing the phrase post-PC device/era a bit too often for comfort. I like the iOS devices but for me the Mac is still by far the most important product that Apple make and I hope it continues for a long time to come. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for Maps though.
eclipse525
Nov 9, 06:16 PM
For $100, you'd expect so. This is a thread about free tools and SilverKeeper is one of them.
Gotcha!......Lost my head for a moment. ;)
~e
Gotcha!......Lost my head for a moment. ;)
~e
more...
JAT
Apr 13, 10:33 AM
Apple's probably gone to DEFCON 1 after last year's prototype theft, so the iPhone 5 is delayed because everything is taking longer due to security clearances.
I would say DEFCON1, but 5 will still come out at the normal time. I think the rumor mill is going to be far less useful this year, after what happened with the prototypes and rumors last year. I have no doubt Apple is being even more secretive for possibly even going back to spreading false rumors themselves.
That said, I wouldn't expect much upgrade for the 5. Maybe faster cpu/gpu, 8mp rear cam, universal radio, antenna tweak. Other than the antenna, those are really minor changes, despite what spec-whores will say. Maybe LTE for Verizon, but that doesn't seem too likely right now since ATT and others don't have anything ready for 4G.
I would say DEFCON1, but 5 will still come out at the normal time. I think the rumor mill is going to be far less useful this year, after what happened with the prototypes and rumors last year. I have no doubt Apple is being even more secretive for possibly even going back to spreading false rumors themselves.
That said, I wouldn't expect much upgrade for the 5. Maybe faster cpu/gpu, 8mp rear cam, universal radio, antenna tweak. Other than the antenna, those are really minor changes, despite what spec-whores will say. Maybe LTE for Verizon, but that doesn't seem too likely right now since ATT and others don't have anything ready for 4G.
jnoxx
Apr 27, 02:20 AM
this would take a bit of work i think, but u should use the delegate method of a textField, didchangecharactersinrange or somewhat?
Think that should set u off..
Think that should set u off..
more...
mikeschmeee
May 5, 07:34 PM
Btw I am really getting into the 240/260 Z cars, I want one so bad as a project car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93y4c2KMGHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGtGroDjQKU
I got more photos, just still going through them. I'll post ASAP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93y4c2KMGHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGtGroDjQKU
I got more photos, just still going through them. I'll post ASAP.
TuffLuffJimmy
Apr 25, 02:41 AM
Does "I have no desire for a smartphone" go under "already have other phone" or under "undecided/other"?
If you already have another phone then "already have other phone" would be the logical choice. But really no one here cares whether or not if you don't want a smart phone.
If you already have another phone then "already have other phone" would be the logical choice. But really no one here cares whether or not if you don't want a smart phone.
more...
iBecks
Jun 2, 10:07 AM
Looks good. :D
darktiger
Apr 15, 08:50 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5583956876_9de7778cda_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/darktiger/5583956876/)Hong Kong (http://www.flickr.com/photos/darktiger/5583956876/) by darktiger (http://www.flickr.com/people/darktiger/), on Flickr
more...
scotty96LSC
Feb 1, 05:49 PM
http://idisk.mac.com/txwhitehouse//Public/feb2011.png
Link (http://architecture.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/577432/)
Link (http://architecture.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/577432/)

Multimedia
Jul 26, 11:03 PM
Just make sure your cable provider allows you to record from it. Make sure the signals are not encrypted.
I purchased EyeTV500 and after I figure out the only way to record HDTV was from over the air antenna. I returned it to Elgato after I found out I would have to spend good amount of money buying a really good outdoor antenna plus make holes in the wall and etc. to be able to connect it to my EyeTV and computer.Nonsense. I record facing South from North tower off air signals with the Terk TV5 amplified low-profile antenna and it works like a dream. Don't need no stinkin' cable nor satellite. All the rabbit ears were useless. This portable indoor antenna, availble from Circuit City for $50, is in a class of its own. Just point it out the window and turn to tweak reception. :)
I purchased EyeTV500 and after I figure out the only way to record HDTV was from over the air antenna. I returned it to Elgato after I found out I would have to spend good amount of money buying a really good outdoor antenna plus make holes in the wall and etc. to be able to connect it to my EyeTV and computer.Nonsense. I record facing South from North tower off air signals with the Terk TV5 amplified low-profile antenna and it works like a dream. Don't need no stinkin' cable nor satellite. All the rabbit ears were useless. This portable indoor antenna, availble from Circuit City for $50, is in a class of its own. Just point it out the window and turn to tweak reception. :)
more...
old-wiz
Mar 9, 07:10 PM
helping with piracy is against the forum rules.
parapup
Apr 27, 04:45 PM
As someone who has to track down things like this constantly, I'm pretty unimpressed at the (lack of) speed of their code checking. This was not an obscure bug or complicated. It was just a too-large buffer definition and an execution path that always downloaded info.
And people think Apple can check binary app store submissions for bugs or trojans in just a few minutes, when they can't even find their own bugs in a few days with commented source code.
Try enabling Certificate Revocation checking on your fully updated Mac OS X install and see how long it takes for Mac App Store to show up and how long it then takes to go through the various tabs.
Also for fun - try enabling password for the screensaver and 60 minute idle logout. Then put your laptop to sleep and come back 60 min later only to have hung login window that accepts no input - works that way every time for me.
For all the jabs they took at Windows - Apple's is most untested OS after Linux distros. Looks like they only do surface tests - only the defaults are covered.
And people think Apple can check binary app store submissions for bugs or trojans in just a few minutes, when they can't even find their own bugs in a few days with commented source code.
Try enabling Certificate Revocation checking on your fully updated Mac OS X install and see how long it takes for Mac App Store to show up and how long it then takes to go through the various tabs.
Also for fun - try enabling password for the screensaver and 60 minute idle logout. Then put your laptop to sleep and come back 60 min later only to have hung login window that accepts no input - works that way every time for me.
For all the jabs they took at Windows - Apple's is most untested OS after Linux distros. Looks like they only do surface tests - only the defaults are covered.
more...
Lennholm
Mar 23, 05:55 PM
I think the real reason he's leaving is that he is frustrated that Apple doesn't care about computers anymore
Laird Knox
Apr 6, 04:52 PM
I thought a petabyte was when a priest has lunch with the alter boy.
more...
iSKW
Sep 6, 09:17 AM
249509
where can i get this.. do u have the original?
where can i get this.. do u have the original?
robertnq
Oct 31, 10:10 AM
Appleinsider called this correctly then, I wonder if this will be the top selling iPod model this Christmas.
Sweet! Hopefully I can buy a few for gifts...
Note: This is my first comment! I feel so cool! :cool:
Sweet! Hopefully I can buy a few for gifts...
Note: This is my first comment! I feel so cool! :cool:
yg17
Mar 21, 11:06 AM
I think there should be firm standards for capital punishment. There are certain cases where someone is guilty without a doubt. The connecticut incident, arizona killer, etc. There are many cases where the death penalty is appropriate. If it's a crime with no witnesses but a lot of solid proof, the sentence should be life in prison. See, there's ways around all these "whats ifs".
Nah, i took my adderal today, does wonders i must say.
Because an innocent person is being killed (usually). Yes i know it has happened in the past with the death penalty, which is why i only support the death penalty in cases where there is no possible chance of innocence.
If there is any question as to whether or not their guilty, then they're not supposed to be convicted. Ever hear of the term "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt"? If there is any doubt at all, the jury is instructed to find them not guilty. Theoretically, every person who is convicted of murder should be guilty "without a doubt" or with "no possible chance of innocence". But that isn't always the case because even people who are convicted and "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" are exonerated because the prosecution or jury screwed up or new evidence surfaced.
Nah, i took my adderal today, does wonders i must say.
Because an innocent person is being killed (usually). Yes i know it has happened in the past with the death penalty, which is why i only support the death penalty in cases where there is no possible chance of innocence.
If there is any question as to whether or not their guilty, then they're not supposed to be convicted. Ever hear of the term "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt"? If there is any doubt at all, the jury is instructed to find them not guilty. Theoretically, every person who is convicted of murder should be guilty "without a doubt" or with "no possible chance of innocence". But that isn't always the case because even people who are convicted and "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" are exonerated because the prosecution or jury screwed up or new evidence surfaced.
BoyBach
Nov 29, 01:04 PM
In the industy's defense, since it is their copyrighted content, they technically get to set the rules.
That's the problem. The industry thinks that they can set the rules, when in fact it's the law makers and the judges that decide and implement them. I just wish the they (the politicians/judges, etc) would show a bit more understanding and concern for the consumer. After all, we're the ones who need protecting.
That's the problem. The industry thinks that they can set the rules, when in fact it's the law makers and the judges that decide and implement them. I just wish the they (the politicians/judges, etc) would show a bit more understanding and concern for the consumer. After all, we're the ones who need protecting.
skunk
Mar 15, 08:00 PM
too bad, i support the death penalty.Too bad indeed.
Necross
Apr 23, 05:18 PM
Hiya folks
I have a 1tb usb drive pluged into my airport extreme. I can see the drive just fine, it's mounted on my desktop right now. But I want to get Time Machine to use it for backups... But when I try to set up time machine, it doesn't list the network drive in the list. So is there a way I can get it to work? Or will I just have to plug the drive into my Mac instead (which I don't wanna do)?
I have a 1tb usb drive pluged into my airport extreme. I can see the drive just fine, it's mounted on my desktop right now. But I want to get Time Machine to use it for backups... But when I try to set up time machine, it doesn't list the network drive in the list. So is there a way I can get it to work? Or will I just have to plug the drive into my Mac instead (which I don't wanna do)?
steve2112
Jan 10, 11:18 PM
To understand this you would have to go back to the late 1970's when GM introduced the 5.7L V8 Oldsmobile Diesel. In theory the idea was good. Produce an engine that has much better fuel economy, but still has enough torque to pull around a large car. In reality this engine and other GM passenger car diesels are responsible for scaring away generations of Americans from ever owning a diesel car. I don't think you will find many people from 40 years old and up that are not aware of the GM diesel nightmare. To this day the word diesel and passenger car in the same sentence scares them.
Today's diesels are much better and are well engineered and should last much longer then 40-50,000 miles, but something so bad in the past can haunt for years to come.
I don't really buy that excuse anymore. The GM diesel fiasco was over 30 years ago, and most modern buys don't even know about it. I think it has more to do with the fact that in the US, diesel is more expensive than gas, sometimes by a wide margin. I know in my area, the difference is 25-30 cents/gallon. Most people don't do the math to realize that the increased mileage and durability can even that out. Also, diesels tend to be more expensive upfront, and price sells.
As far as the image problem, I think it stems more from people seeing semis and heavy equipment using diesels. Most people associate diesel with semis, heavy duty trucks, and construction equipment. And most of those are loud and belch smoke.
Today's diesels are much better and are well engineered and should last much longer then 40-50,000 miles, but something so bad in the past can haunt for years to come.
I don't really buy that excuse anymore. The GM diesel fiasco was over 30 years ago, and most modern buys don't even know about it. I think it has more to do with the fact that in the US, diesel is more expensive than gas, sometimes by a wide margin. I know in my area, the difference is 25-30 cents/gallon. Most people don't do the math to realize that the increased mileage and durability can even that out. Also, diesels tend to be more expensive upfront, and price sells.
As far as the image problem, I think it stems more from people seeing semis and heavy equipment using diesels. Most people associate diesel with semis, heavy duty trucks, and construction equipment. And most of those are loud and belch smoke.
Borjan
Dec 11, 10:45 AM
Where are you based?
I'm looking for a keyboard and mouse... except I'm in London, and it doesn't make much sense to ship one from the States...
I'm looking for a keyboard and mouse... except I'm in London, and it doesn't make much sense to ship one from the States...
No comments:
Post a Comment