
GCAmigo
02-09 01:02 PM
Pardon my ignorance.
What is op-ed ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-ed
~GCA
What is op-ed ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-ed
~GCA
arnet
09-15 06:17 PM
start your GC process soon. atleast it will take another 5yrs to get it in EB2 category. good luck!!!!!:)
sent4dc
06-19 12:34 PM
Thanks! Sounds like there shouldn't be a problem.
Just curious though. Say, if someone's parent gives up their green card like that and then later in life we decide to bring them over (to US) due to health concerns/age/etc., do you think, would there be a problem to apply for a green card again?
Just curious though. Say, if someone's parent gives up their green card like that and then later in life we decide to bring them over (to US) due to health concerns/age/etc., do you think, would there be a problem to apply for a green card again?
paskal
02-14 03:44 PM
Physicians measures:
We have been actively engaged in discussions with senate leaders on physician issue over the last few months. Members of our chapter traveled to DC to attend a key Senate task force meeting on physician immigration and current challenges. We also attended the AAPI legislative day event in DC and found support from lawmakers and from AAPI.
We strongly encourage everyone to be strongly behind the administrative fixes campaign, as this will bring considerable relief while we battle for immigration reform. letters from physicians and their colleagues will carry their own weight. Ask your employers too and approach your lawmakers!
Our efforts have shown signs of bearing fruit in recent times. Recently we were privileged to be part of a discussion on an upcoming physician bill that would satisfy our primary agenda: quota free green cards for physicians that serve in under served areas. The current proposal would encompass both J1 and H1B physicians. This would be an interim step towards reform- a more wide ranging bill is expected in the future.
We are hoping that this bill can be brought up for voting at some point in the near future. We will need help from many physician members to achieve our objective. A successful result would resolve the entire issue for many physicians AND would establish for the first time a principal that IV has espoused: skilled immigrants that work in the national interest should not be bound by quotas. This precedent would go along way in resolving the larger immigration morass as well.
The chapter thanks all it's active members and IV for the efforts and support that have led us this far. If you want to join the physicians chapter, use the links in my signature. Remember that membership is contingent upon disclosing at least your name and contact number, which is kept confidential at all times.
We have been actively engaged in discussions with senate leaders on physician issue over the last few months. Members of our chapter traveled to DC to attend a key Senate task force meeting on physician immigration and current challenges. We also attended the AAPI legislative day event in DC and found support from lawmakers and from AAPI.
We strongly encourage everyone to be strongly behind the administrative fixes campaign, as this will bring considerable relief while we battle for immigration reform. letters from physicians and their colleagues will carry their own weight. Ask your employers too and approach your lawmakers!
Our efforts have shown signs of bearing fruit in recent times. Recently we were privileged to be part of a discussion on an upcoming physician bill that would satisfy our primary agenda: quota free green cards for physicians that serve in under served areas. The current proposal would encompass both J1 and H1B physicians. This would be an interim step towards reform- a more wide ranging bill is expected in the future.
We are hoping that this bill can be brought up for voting at some point in the near future. We will need help from many physician members to achieve our objective. A successful result would resolve the entire issue for many physicians AND would establish for the first time a principal that IV has espoused: skilled immigrants that work in the national interest should not be bound by quotas. This precedent would go along way in resolving the larger immigration morass as well.
The chapter thanks all it's active members and IV for the efforts and support that have led us this far. If you want to join the physicians chapter, use the links in my signature. Remember that membership is contingent upon disclosing at least your name and contact number, which is kept confidential at all times.
more...
willwin
04-15 11:10 AM
Which country did you charge your GC to?
Enjoy the freedom...:)
9 long years! Where else will it be :-)
India -obvious.
Enjoy the freedom...:)
9 long years! Where else will it be :-)
India -obvious.
hopeforgc
06-21 04:58 PM
I know a person who came to US on H4 in feb 2004 applied for H1 in the firt week of April 2005,
her Employer who filed for H1 suggested that she would get her H1 from Jan 1st 2006 , so she can travel to India
on that assurance she left for India on September 15 and came back on Dec 28th and
on Jan 1st when she called employer they mailed her H1 copy and the date of Approval is Oct 1st.
Does this mean H1 is Invalidated as per Last Actions Count Rule.
She has been working on H1 since then (not regularly though)
and did not file for H4 extension assuming her H1 is valid. H4 expired on Aril 2006
Has any one gone through the same situation.
Whats her Status as of now, If her husband is applying for 485 what do you guys suggest put on I94 what should her action from now on.
One lawyer suggests she should apply for 485 and and if they raise query come with some answer at that time.
another one says she should file for H4 and quit working.
She is totally clueless please help.
her Employer who filed for H1 suggested that she would get her H1 from Jan 1st 2006 , so she can travel to India
on that assurance she left for India on September 15 and came back on Dec 28th and
on Jan 1st when she called employer they mailed her H1 copy and the date of Approval is Oct 1st.
Does this mean H1 is Invalidated as per Last Actions Count Rule.
She has been working on H1 since then (not regularly though)
and did not file for H4 extension assuming her H1 is valid. H4 expired on Aril 2006
Has any one gone through the same situation.
Whats her Status as of now, If her husband is applying for 485 what do you guys suggest put on I94 what should her action from now on.
One lawyer suggests she should apply for 485 and and if they raise query come with some answer at that time.
another one says she should file for H4 and quit working.
She is totally clueless please help.
more...
TeddyKoochu
01-06 09:49 AM
All depends on spillover; it�s basically "NO SPILLOVER NO CHANGE". So just hoping for spillover to happen. I believe that the current bulletin might just come out late this week or early next week.
I don't know why I received reds for my post, anyways I respect the opinion of members, I understand that everybody is genuinely pained and suffering so it�s really not anger directed at anybody but the current situation in which we are. My humble opinion is that for any significant noteworthy movement the spillover must happen for individuals belonging to retrogressed countries. Spillover does not really harm anybody. I believe that it�s always better to have ones expectation set correctly rather than expect too much and be disappointed on the day the VB is released. The more the queue moves the better for all, CIR or Recapture are the two genuine solutions to alleviate everybody's pain and suffering. Good luck to all.
I have one observation that the time the Jan VB was released and the inventory report date kind of match up and since no numbers were available there was no change. If we are going to still have the incremental monthly or quarterly allocation for the retrogressed countries we will still see no change or really no significant change. The spillover for now is the anti-biotic or quick fix; it�s really not the cure or the remedy but it will give a great feeling to many who will get greened sooner and hope to others who are behind.
I don't know why I received reds for my post, anyways I respect the opinion of members, I understand that everybody is genuinely pained and suffering so it�s really not anger directed at anybody but the current situation in which we are. My humble opinion is that for any significant noteworthy movement the spillover must happen for individuals belonging to retrogressed countries. Spillover does not really harm anybody. I believe that it�s always better to have ones expectation set correctly rather than expect too much and be disappointed on the day the VB is released. The more the queue moves the better for all, CIR or Recapture are the two genuine solutions to alleviate everybody's pain and suffering. Good luck to all.
I have one observation that the time the Jan VB was released and the inventory report date kind of match up and since no numbers were available there was no change. If we are going to still have the incremental monthly or quarterly allocation for the retrogressed countries we will still see no change or really no significant change. The spillover for now is the anti-biotic or quick fix; it�s really not the cure or the remedy but it will give a great feeling to many who will get greened sooner and hope to others who are behind.
webr
08-30 05:26 PM
Which school you are applying for MBA ?
more...

factoryman
02-09 07:46 PM
Feel free to use this material and beat the efforts to snatch unused EB3 visas. Demand that these be allocated to all retrogressed categories.
U.S. Plan to Lure Nurses May Hurt Poor Nations
As the United States runs short of nurses, senators are looking abroad. A little-noticed provision in their immigration bill would throw open the gate to nurses and, some fear, drain them from the world's developing countries.
............
The exodus of nurses from poor to rich countries has strained health systems in the developing world, which are already facing severe shortages of their own. Many African countries have begun to demand compensation for the training and loss of nurses and doctors who move away.
....................
Public health experts in poor countries, told about the proposal in recent days, reacted with dismay and outrage, coupled with doubts that their nurses would resist the magnetic pull of the United States, which sits at the pinnacle of the global labor market for nurses.
..............
Removing the immigration cap, they said, would particularly hit the Philippines, which sends more nurses to the United States than any other country, at least several thousand a year. Health care has deteriorated there in recent years as tens of thousands of nurses have moved abroad. Thousands of ill-paid doctors have even abandoned their profession to become migrant-ready nurses themselves, Filipino researchers say.
................
Holly Burkhalter, with Physicians for Human Rights, an advocacy group, said the nurse proposal could undermine the United States' multibillion-dollar effort to combat AIDS and malaria by potentially worsening the shortage of health workers in poor countries. "We're pouring water in a bucket with a hole in it, and we drilled the hole," she said.
LINK at NYTIMES.COM (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/24/world/americas/24nurses.html?ex=1171170000&en=5f216b04314ec71c&ei=5070) (requires free registration)
U.S. Plan to Lure Nurses May Hurt Poor Nations
As the United States runs short of nurses, senators are looking abroad. A little-noticed provision in their immigration bill would throw open the gate to nurses and, some fear, drain them from the world's developing countries.
............
The exodus of nurses from poor to rich countries has strained health systems in the developing world, which are already facing severe shortages of their own. Many African countries have begun to demand compensation for the training and loss of nurses and doctors who move away.
....................
Public health experts in poor countries, told about the proposal in recent days, reacted with dismay and outrage, coupled with doubts that their nurses would resist the magnetic pull of the United States, which sits at the pinnacle of the global labor market for nurses.
..............
Removing the immigration cap, they said, would particularly hit the Philippines, which sends more nurses to the United States than any other country, at least several thousand a year. Health care has deteriorated there in recent years as tens of thousands of nurses have moved abroad. Thousands of ill-paid doctors have even abandoned their profession to become migrant-ready nurses themselves, Filipino researchers say.
................
Holly Burkhalter, with Physicians for Human Rights, an advocacy group, said the nurse proposal could undermine the United States' multibillion-dollar effort to combat AIDS and malaria by potentially worsening the shortage of health workers in poor countries. "We're pouring water in a bucket with a hole in it, and we drilled the hole," she said.
LINK at NYTIMES.COM (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/24/world/americas/24nurses.html?ex=1171170000&en=5f216b04314ec71c&ei=5070) (requires free registration)
pappu
08-03 12:31 AM
This is a small idea and let us see if it works.
We all help each other on the forum by answering questions. Let us answer questions of members of our community and politely request the person asking the question, if your answer helped him. If it helped him, the member can consider contributing to Immigrationvoice.
I think if all active members add this small note in their signatures, it may help us generate more funds to continue this effort. You can choose to modify this message to make it more appealing or create a link to the high five campaign that is currently running.
Suggestions are welcome.
We all help each other on the forum by answering questions. Let us answer questions of members of our community and politely request the person asking the question, if your answer helped him. If it helped him, the member can consider contributing to Immigrationvoice.
I think if all active members add this small note in their signatures, it may help us generate more funds to continue this effort. You can choose to modify this message to make it more appealing or create a link to the high five campaign that is currently running.
Suggestions are welcome.
more...
vishwak
02-11 01:18 PM
You need to verify what they are feeling and why they are filling in forms.
Should have knowledge of process and you should be fine with any Attorney.
Unless you go to THE CHEAPEST ATTORNEY who never has experience in handling tough scenarios.
Should have knowledge of process and you should be fine with any Attorney.
Unless you go to THE CHEAPEST ATTORNEY who never has experience in handling tough scenarios.
joshi_tushar
03-02 07:54 PM
I HAD SAME SITUATION FEW DAYS A GO, MY ATTORNEY TOLD ME THAT I NEED TO GO OUT OF COUNTRY ATLEAST FOR WEEK OR NEED TO FILE FOR H1B EXT.
I CHOSE TO FILE FOR EXT AS MY H1 WAS EXPERING AS WELL.
BUT FOR HER SHE MUST GO OUT BEFORE HER I-94 EXPIRES
i AM NO ATTORNEY PLEASE CONFIRM WITH 1.
I CHOSE TO FILE FOR EXT AS MY H1 WAS EXPERING AS WELL.
BUT FOR HER SHE MUST GO OUT BEFORE HER I-94 EXPIRES
i AM NO ATTORNEY PLEASE CONFIRM WITH 1.
more...
vamsi_poondla
02-04 05:05 PM
I guess you should be good with your AP . But also there was a thread about one of the IV'ians AP experience at SFO. Please read that so can understand what AP is for and when it can be used as per the IO at SFO airport
If a DUI can cause automatic rejection of I-485, will this be OK at the Port Of Entry? The answer is obvious. Should do as advised by the attorney not as experienced by others on a forum.
If a DUI can cause automatic rejection of I-485, will this be OK at the Port Of Entry? The answer is obvious. Should do as advised by the attorney not as experienced by others on a forum.
indianabacklog
08-06 07:09 AM
My case cannot be processed under CSPA, because the form I-824 was not filed within one year of the visa becoming available.
but i have a valid point mentioned after the follwing subject. please check if the point is valid.
ACC TO SUBJECT: CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT: ALDAC #2
REF: (A) 02 STATE 163054 (B) 02 STATE 123775
-------
If the principal applicant adjusted status in the U.S. and a derivative is applying for a visa abroad to
follow-to-join, then the date on which the derivative will be considered to have sought LPR status for
purposes of satisfying CSPA Section 3 will generally be the date on which the principal (acting as the
derivative beneficiary's agent) filed the Form I-824 that is used to process the derivative's following to
join application. Therefore, in cases involving a derivative seeking to follow to join a principal who adjusted
in the U.S., the derivative can benefit from the CSPA if the principal filed a Form I-824 for the beneficiary
within one year of a visa becoming available (i.e., within one year of the case becoming current or petition
approval, whichever is later). The instructions to Form I-485 (the adjustment application) advise aliens
adjusting status in the U.S. who have derivatives abroad to file a Form I-824 for such derivatives, and the
I-485 Form indicates that that Form I-824 can be filed simultaneously with the Form I-485
(READ MORE FROM http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/cspa.html )
I NEED HELP AND I THINK THERE IS ALWAYS AN ALTERNATIVE OF THINGS.
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY ANY ANY ANY WAY???
CAN THEY APPROVE IF I REQUEST THEM ?
WHAT IS the way out?
I checked the visa bulletin from august 2003 to the dates when it was current for our category E3.
I have found this point please have a look and determine if there is a chance?
VISA WAS AVAILABLE FROM AUGUST 2003 TO JUNE 2005.
ACC TO LAW FORM i-824 SHOULD BE FILED WITHIN 1 YEAR OF VISA AVAILIABILITY.
SINCE THE I-824 WAS FILED ON AUGUST 2005 WHICH COMES WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE
JUNE 2005. SO IS IT A VALID POINT TO BE ELEGIBLE TO PROCESSED UNDER CSPA?
ALSO there is a last hope
A 221(g) refusal will not be considered a "final determination," regardless of whether it occurred within
a year of August 6, 2002 or earlier. (The only exception to this would be if the alien's case was ultimately
terminated under INA 203(g) for failure to make reasonable efforts to overcome to 221(g) refusal. A
203(g) termination will be considered a "final determination.")
AND VISA AVAILIBLITY IS THE DATE WHEN THE PRIORITY DATES BECAME CURRENT OR THE DATE WHEN I-140 WAS APPROVED.
WITH this OR option in above line we can also consider the visa availibity date as the date when priority dates were current
Please correct me.
You do not give the date when the I140 was approved? This is the only thing as I see it that can make a difference. Also, when did you file your I485?
but i have a valid point mentioned after the follwing subject. please check if the point is valid.
ACC TO SUBJECT: CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT: ALDAC #2
REF: (A) 02 STATE 163054 (B) 02 STATE 123775
-------
If the principal applicant adjusted status in the U.S. and a derivative is applying for a visa abroad to
follow-to-join, then the date on which the derivative will be considered to have sought LPR status for
purposes of satisfying CSPA Section 3 will generally be the date on which the principal (acting as the
derivative beneficiary's agent) filed the Form I-824 that is used to process the derivative's following to
join application. Therefore, in cases involving a derivative seeking to follow to join a principal who adjusted
in the U.S., the derivative can benefit from the CSPA if the principal filed a Form I-824 for the beneficiary
within one year of a visa becoming available (i.e., within one year of the case becoming current or petition
approval, whichever is later). The instructions to Form I-485 (the adjustment application) advise aliens
adjusting status in the U.S. who have derivatives abroad to file a Form I-824 for such derivatives, and the
I-485 Form indicates that that Form I-824 can be filed simultaneously with the Form I-485
(READ MORE FROM http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/cspa.html )
I NEED HELP AND I THINK THERE IS ALWAYS AN ALTERNATIVE OF THINGS.
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY ANY ANY ANY WAY???
CAN THEY APPROVE IF I REQUEST THEM ?
WHAT IS the way out?
I checked the visa bulletin from august 2003 to the dates when it was current for our category E3.
I have found this point please have a look and determine if there is a chance?
VISA WAS AVAILABLE FROM AUGUST 2003 TO JUNE 2005.
ACC TO LAW FORM i-824 SHOULD BE FILED WITHIN 1 YEAR OF VISA AVAILIABILITY.
SINCE THE I-824 WAS FILED ON AUGUST 2005 WHICH COMES WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE
JUNE 2005. SO IS IT A VALID POINT TO BE ELEGIBLE TO PROCESSED UNDER CSPA?
ALSO there is a last hope
A 221(g) refusal will not be considered a "final determination," regardless of whether it occurred within
a year of August 6, 2002 or earlier. (The only exception to this would be if the alien's case was ultimately
terminated under INA 203(g) for failure to make reasonable efforts to overcome to 221(g) refusal. A
203(g) termination will be considered a "final determination.")
AND VISA AVAILIBLITY IS THE DATE WHEN THE PRIORITY DATES BECAME CURRENT OR THE DATE WHEN I-140 WAS APPROVED.
WITH this OR option in above line we can also consider the visa availibity date as the date when priority dates were current
Please correct me.
You do not give the date when the I140 was approved? This is the only thing as I see it that can make a difference. Also, when did you file your I485?
more...
naan
07-15 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP79UslTUr8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhoH0ZW0No
MSNBC coverage of the July 2nd Fiasco.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhoH0ZW0No
MSNBC coverage of the July 2nd Fiasco.
marlo
07-18 12:24 AM
This is totally a lawyer matter. Do not rely on any forum for this.
more...
thatwillbeit
05-24 08:47 PM
Hi Gurus...
I am one of the July 2007 EAD filers and did not file for AP at that time.
So I am in the process of the renewing EAD & Applying for AP for the first time.
I have couple of questions..
do you get Finger Printing for EAD Renewal ?
do you get Finger Printing / Biometrics for first time applying of AP [Advance Parole]
Your help is much appreciated
I am one of the July 2007 EAD filers and did not file for AP at that time.
So I am in the process of the renewing EAD & Applying for AP for the first time.
I have couple of questions..
do you get Finger Printing for EAD Renewal ?
do you get Finger Printing / Biometrics for first time applying of AP [Advance Parole]
Your help is much appreciated
Heart
10-09 02:40 PM
from the immigration rules I got to know that if I-94 is near expiring, then an official from CBP (international airports only) can change it and provide a new one. HOwever, it it is expired, you have to cross border and re-enter to get a new valid I-94.
I will write more as I get to know.
I will write more as I get to know.
fastergcwanted
07-26 09:13 AM
My attorney tells me they don't give employees copies of labor applications.
Is this normal? Would I need it in future - if I switch jobs 180 days after 485 etc?
Same thing with me. Lawyer does not release copies of Certified LC or I-140 approval.
From what I understand that should not cause issues with AC21; however I would feel much better having these copies in my hand just in case....my 2 cents...of course ask attorney before making any moves...
Is this normal? Would I need it in future - if I switch jobs 180 days after 485 etc?
Same thing with me. Lawyer does not release copies of Certified LC or I-140 approval.
From what I understand that should not cause issues with AC21; however I would feel much better having these copies in my hand just in case....my 2 cents...of course ask attorney before making any moves...
sapota
10-18 05:53 PM
What�s the logic behind USCIS receiving 500,000 Naturalization Applications in July and August 2007? How do the VISA numbers being current relate to Naturalization?!?!?!?!
This due to increased fee coming to effect after July.
This due to increased fee coming to effect after July.
Gravitation
07-23 03:09 PM
I'm surprised that there's no poll on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment