krishnam70
03-26 12:28 AM
My case details below:
EB3 INDIA
PD of Jul 2004.
I am still working for same GC sponsoring employer since last 5 years. I still perform the same job title/job duties as mentioned in labor.
My employer had mentioned a salary of 87,000$ in my labor. --> what does your H1 LCA say?
My 485 was filed way back in Sep 2004. OK
My 140 was approved way back in Nov 2004. GOOD
I have had 2 FPs done and 1 RFE replied to about 2 years ago. RFE was for EVL & TB Skin test.you are good here
2004 W2 – shows 74,000$/yr (Less than the salary mentioned in approved labor which is 87,000$) --> your current employment is on H1B/A or whatever you need to be worried about the salary mentioned there
2005 W2 – shows 57,000$/yrsame as above
2006 W2 – shows 50,000$/yrsame as above
2007 W2 – shows 58,000$/yrsame as above
2008 W2 – shows 67,000$/yrsame as above
Never changed employers nor job titles. good
My concerns and questions below:
Q1) Will my 485 approval be affected due to the W2’s as mentioned above showing less way less salary than mentioned in the labor. I still work for same employer with same job duties/title as mentioned in labor. YES if your salary is less than what is on your H1B/A LCA application if not then you should be fine
Q2) Am I safe because GC is intended for future job offer? If there is any issue with me getting less salary all these years than my labor petition then can my employer say the 87,000$/yr salary is after 485 approval? Will this suffice? Or am I in jeopardy here? same as above, GC is future job you will be fine
Q3) With my EB3-India Jul 2004 PD how much more long do you think I need to wait to see a 485 approval? My FBI name checks are cleared.only USCIS can tell
Q4) With June 2004 PD/EB3 India do you advise me at this stage after 5 years to switch to CP? How will it help? talk to an attorney
Q5) Would you advise me to start a brand new EB2 India labor and 140 considering my retrogressed eb3 India category and dates?you can try but i this current scenario it might be difficult to get PERM approved and then your company needs to prove you are eligible for EB2. If they can and you are eligible you can port your PD and you should be almost current.
Q6) I have been on bench for about 3 times (periods of 2 to 3 months) in the last several years witout pay. But I have always had EAD but never used EAD as I had H1B from same GC sponsoring employer. But I always got paid every year more than the prevailing LCA wage for my geographical location? Will this affect my GC? Technically there is nothing such as bench. You should get paid. However there seems to be an interpretation that in a current year if you get paid more than what is mentioned in your LCA(H1) you are safe. I would speak to an attorney about this.
Thanks.
- cheers
kris
EB3 INDIA
PD of Jul 2004.
I am still working for same GC sponsoring employer since last 5 years. I still perform the same job title/job duties as mentioned in labor.
My employer had mentioned a salary of 87,000$ in my labor. --> what does your H1 LCA say?
My 485 was filed way back in Sep 2004. OK
My 140 was approved way back in Nov 2004. GOOD
I have had 2 FPs done and 1 RFE replied to about 2 years ago. RFE was for EVL & TB Skin test.you are good here
2004 W2 – shows 74,000$/yr (Less than the salary mentioned in approved labor which is 87,000$) --> your current employment is on H1B/A or whatever you need to be worried about the salary mentioned there
2005 W2 – shows 57,000$/yrsame as above
2006 W2 – shows 50,000$/yrsame as above
2007 W2 – shows 58,000$/yrsame as above
2008 W2 – shows 67,000$/yrsame as above
Never changed employers nor job titles. good
My concerns and questions below:
Q1) Will my 485 approval be affected due to the W2’s as mentioned above showing less way less salary than mentioned in the labor. I still work for same employer with same job duties/title as mentioned in labor. YES if your salary is less than what is on your H1B/A LCA application if not then you should be fine
Q2) Am I safe because GC is intended for future job offer? If there is any issue with me getting less salary all these years than my labor petition then can my employer say the 87,000$/yr salary is after 485 approval? Will this suffice? Or am I in jeopardy here? same as above, GC is future job you will be fine
Q3) With my EB3-India Jul 2004 PD how much more long do you think I need to wait to see a 485 approval? My FBI name checks are cleared.only USCIS can tell
Q4) With June 2004 PD/EB3 India do you advise me at this stage after 5 years to switch to CP? How will it help? talk to an attorney
Q5) Would you advise me to start a brand new EB2 India labor and 140 considering my retrogressed eb3 India category and dates?you can try but i this current scenario it might be difficult to get PERM approved and then your company needs to prove you are eligible for EB2. If they can and you are eligible you can port your PD and you should be almost current.
Q6) I have been on bench for about 3 times (periods of 2 to 3 months) in the last several years witout pay. But I have always had EAD but never used EAD as I had H1B from same GC sponsoring employer. But I always got paid every year more than the prevailing LCA wage for my geographical location? Will this affect my GC? Technically there is nothing such as bench. You should get paid. However there seems to be an interpretation that in a current year if you get paid more than what is mentioned in your LCA(H1) you are safe. I would speak to an attorney about this.
Thanks.
- cheers
kris
wallpaper Justin Bieber 2011 Calendar

americandesi
10-15 02:52 PM
I-9 is a USCIS document so i would guess it goes to uscis
You are wrong. Please read the Footer text on page 1.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
It clearly says
"EMPLOYERS MUST RETAIN COMPLETED FORM I-9. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL COMPLETED FORM I-9 TO ICE OR USCIS"
You are wrong. Please read the Footer text on page 1.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
It clearly says
"EMPLOYERS MUST RETAIN COMPLETED FORM I-9. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL COMPLETED FORM I-9 TO ICE OR USCIS"
purplehazea
05-11 12:50 PM
800 989 TALK - I confirmed it
2011 justin bieber 2011 calendar
milind70
10-15 02:03 PM
Hi,
Probably ur 485 is going be approved soon!We had only one soft LUD after fp in our 485s on 7th sep 2007,and no luds on i-140 and i-131 till date??
goodluck,
vaishu
I think not since his PD is 2006.
Probably ur 485 is going be approved soon!We had only one soft LUD after fp in our 485s on 7th sep 2007,and no luds on i-140 and i-131 till date??
goodluck,
vaishu
I think not since his PD is 2006.
more...
adde72
07-17 06:10 PM
Donate so we can continue fighting!
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=25#HowToContribute
Order Details - Jul 17, 2007 6:38 PM EDT
Google Order #376816648638727
Print
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Contribute 100 $100.00
Tax (VA) : $0.00
Total: $100.00
Purchased from:
Immigration Voice
PO Box 114
Dayton NJ 08810
UNITED STATES
850 391-4966
\
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=25#HowToContribute
Order Details - Jul 17, 2007 6:38 PM EDT
Google Order #376816648638727
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Contribute 100 $100.00
Tax (VA) : $0.00
Total: $100.00
Purchased from:
Immigration Voice
PO Box 114
Dayton NJ 08810
UNITED STATES
850 391-4966
\

munnu77
06-16 09:47 PM
My labour got approved on May 23rd .
Is it possible to switch company and use this labour whihc got approved by this company?
Thanks for all your support and sharing for knowledge.
whoch perm processing centre did u apply labor???
Is it possible to switch company and use this labour whihc got approved by this company?
Thanks for all your support and sharing for knowledge.
whoch perm processing centre did u apply labor???
more...
maddipati1
01-13 01:31 AM
see below next to ur Qs.
Hello Immi Gurus,
Our Division is in very bad situation and we are expecting some lay off's in next few weeks. I am working on h1b now but my 485 is pending for more than 180 days and have Valid EAD which I didn't use so far. following are my question:
1) If I get laid off and my employer cancels the h1b, Am i out of status?
NO. ur status is AOS. u can here until a decision is made on ur 485 app
2) Can they cancel my approved i 140?
They can, but won't impact you since u already filed 485 and 180 past. make sure u get the 140 approval notice ASAP from ur employer.
3) I am planning to use EAD for my next job, How much time do I have to find a new job to be in Status?
Until a decision is made on ur 485. the only requirement is that when they ask you, u should be able to provide an offer letter from any future employer for same or similar job.
normally they ask for this letter when ur PD is current or when they started pre-adjudicating ur 485 app.
Thanks so much for all your help, Thanks ...
All my input is based on what i read on forums. i highly recommend to consult an attorney.
This is the basic stuff about GC n 485. u should spend some time to read forums and immi websites.
The first and most imp thing you should do is try get 140 approval notice, GC job description and as much possible documentation from your employer and take that to an attorney.
also imp is getting an offer letter even for future employment with matching job.
Hello Immi Gurus,
Our Division is in very bad situation and we are expecting some lay off's in next few weeks. I am working on h1b now but my 485 is pending for more than 180 days and have Valid EAD which I didn't use so far. following are my question:
1) If I get laid off and my employer cancels the h1b, Am i out of status?
NO. ur status is AOS. u can here until a decision is made on ur 485 app
2) Can they cancel my approved i 140?
They can, but won't impact you since u already filed 485 and 180 past. make sure u get the 140 approval notice ASAP from ur employer.
3) I am planning to use EAD for my next job, How much time do I have to find a new job to be in Status?
Until a decision is made on ur 485. the only requirement is that when they ask you, u should be able to provide an offer letter from any future employer for same or similar job.
normally they ask for this letter when ur PD is current or when they started pre-adjudicating ur 485 app.
Thanks so much for all your help, Thanks ...
All my input is based on what i read on forums. i highly recommend to consult an attorney.
This is the basic stuff about GC n 485. u should spend some time to read forums and immi websites.
The first and most imp thing you should do is try get 140 approval notice, GC job description and as much possible documentation from your employer and take that to an attorney.
also imp is getting an offer letter even for future employment with matching job.
2010 images justin bieber 2011

anzerraja
07-20 09:26 AM
Lately the members of IV have come to know that Aman Kapoor, the co-founder of IV has sold his house and spent around $64000/- towards the administrative costs of IV. This too was brought to our attention from a regular member like you and me, without which this would not have come to our knowledge at all.
So some of the members have taken an initiative to reimburse Aman and other core IV team members with the expenses they have incurred so far towards the administrative costs of IV. Note that the time they have spent and the sufferings cannot be compensated. Let us do the least by atleast compensating the money. Please do not donate directly to IV funds.
There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing the administrative costs of IV.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10708
Could you please pledge an amount ?
So some of the members have taken an initiative to reimburse Aman and other core IV team members with the expenses they have incurred so far towards the administrative costs of IV. Note that the time they have spent and the sufferings cannot be compensated. Let us do the least by atleast compensating the money. Please do not donate directly to IV funds.
There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing the administrative costs of IV.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10708
Could you please pledge an amount ?
more...
h4hopeful
05-31 12:56 PM
You should look at it from the point of view of the immigration officer, that person was 50% immigrant and because of that needs to apply for a Green Card, on the mean time one visit a year for less than 90 days or one visit every two years for 6 months will make them a 25% of the time or less resident of USA, which doesn't raise any flag, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the immigration officer.
On the same lines, one of my relative was also denied entry into the US at the Mineapolis airport. She is a widow, 70 years of age, and used to come here to visit her only son and daughter-in-law and their son, since last 6 years. She used to stay for 6 months during the summer time (April to Oct.) and then 6 months in India. But this time when she came here they denied her entry suggesting that you have a pattern of staying here since last 6-7 years at the same time of the year, so you are doing something illegal!!!!......
Now how can one explain this???....70 years of age, a widow and her only son and daughter-in-law earning together earning atleast 6 figure income, a house of their own.....never went out of status, never extendend her stay beyond 6 months.......doing something illegal? and that too they said that they 'suspect'!....no proof whatsoever.....but according to law, she had to go back....this sucks big big time.
On the same lines, one of my relative was also denied entry into the US at the Mineapolis airport. She is a widow, 70 years of age, and used to come here to visit her only son and daughter-in-law and their son, since last 6 years. She used to stay for 6 months during the summer time (April to Oct.) and then 6 months in India. But this time when she came here they denied her entry suggesting that you have a pattern of staying here since last 6-7 years at the same time of the year, so you are doing something illegal!!!!......
Now how can one explain this???....70 years of age, a widow and her only son and daughter-in-law earning together earning atleast 6 figure income, a house of their own.....never went out of status, never extendend her stay beyond 6 months.......doing something illegal? and that too they said that they 'suspect'!....no proof whatsoever.....but according to law, she had to go back....this sucks big big time.
hair justin bieber 2011 april

gc_kaavaali
10-28 12:36 PM
I wish you and your family a happy deewaali....
more...
tabletpc
08-27 04:23 PM
okuzmin,
Can u check u r private message...!!!
Can u check u r private message...!!!
hot justin bieber 2011 may.
Templarian
08-27 11:16 PM
Double posting bump this thing.
I just noticed we don't have a <3 hmm (to keep it traditional or actually a severed heart is the question).
I just noticed we don't have a <3 hmm (to keep it traditional or actually a severed heart is the question).
more...
house girlfriend justin bieber 2011 calendar justin bieber 2011 calendar february.
vamsi_poondla
01-19 01:17 PM
Thank you for correcting. I was under the impression that most of the folks were pre-July 2007 filers (retro effective fees until Aug 17th ruling given by CIS). So I thought all impacted by June and July bulletins will be paying a lot without the admin fixes. And the whole hassle of renewals every year. Just cant imagine that we are in a developed country with such silly rules and all. This country needs immigrants now more than ever...People like us who can act, change and move things in a pragmatic way...
Like you said...$2 is many times cheaper even if it is combo filing according to new fees. Let us not procrastinate further...this weekend, let us complete the letter and mail it.
All, please act...time is the essence.
The contrast correct, however the math behind is slightly wrong:
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D
So regardless of number of years a family of 3 upon next renewal will pay $2099 (which is still a huge number compares to $2 :) ) once and for all. That's why USCIS thinks it a good business alternative to give out 3 year EAD/AP so that they can cut cost. At the end of the day this change if implemented will be mutually beneficial.
Like you said...$2 is many times cheaper even if it is combo filing according to new fees. Let us not procrastinate further...this weekend, let us complete the letter and mail it.
All, please act...time is the essence.
The contrast correct, however the math behind is slightly wrong:
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D
So regardless of number of years a family of 3 upon next renewal will pay $2099 (which is still a huge number compares to $2 :) ) once and for all. That's why USCIS thinks it a good business alternative to give out 3 year EAD/AP so that they can cut cost. At the end of the day this change if implemented will be mutually beneficial.
tattoo justin bieber 2011 calendar
GCwaitforever
07-20 07:01 PM
Please participate in the immigration lawyers conference call on 28th.
more...
pictures Justin Bieber 2011 Calendar
freeskier89
01-02 02:17 AM
Is there a good way to post swfs? We can zip them, but its nice to be able to see the entries quickly. Is there any place to post them externally so the security of the forum isn't compromised? I might be able to set up an uploader in the next week for the contest on my server if it would help.
dresses Justin Bieber 2011 Calendar

surabhi
06-02 11:25 AM
Surabi. thanks a lot. gave a good insight. will contact an attorney.
but ONe thing I missed to mention : my h1 is only lottery-selected as of now.
So even if I apply for L1 extn, I dont know which might get approved first !! .
does that change anything ?
Nothing would change. If any, it'd be for better I guess.
So you dont know what the "last" action would be. If your L1 extension gets approved immediately with premium processing and H1 approval comes later with COS, then you dont have to go out.
If the situation is reversed, then it would be 1st or 3rd scenario, since 2nd scenario is not applicable.
but ONe thing I missed to mention : my h1 is only lottery-selected as of now.
So even if I apply for L1 extn, I dont know which might get approved first !! .
does that change anything ?
Nothing would change. If any, it'd be for better I guess.
So you dont know what the "last" action would be. If your L1 extension gets approved immediately with premium processing and H1 approval comes later with COS, then you dont have to go out.
If the situation is reversed, then it would be 1st or 3rd scenario, since 2nd scenario is not applicable.
more...
makeup justin bieber 2011 calendar february. justin bieber pictures 2011
VenuK
07-15 08:09 PM
any advices pls....
girlfriend hot justin bieber 2011
cheg
07-18 02:07 AM
Thanks! This will be very useful. I hope it's accurate. :D
http://www..com/
http://www..com/
hairstyles justin bieber 2011 calendar
help43
09-10 09:19 PM
You are correct. I dont have any gap between opt and h1-B. I mean there is no out of status issue.
But generally if you are applied for h1-b to transfer from F1 status you will get new I-94(I797A) with H1-B approval. Most of my frends got the new I-94.
I do have my old I-94( I got it when i came to usa to pursue masters,There is no expiration date in it)
Which consulate is better for this case........to get solved.
According to my old consultancy i will get 5 paystubs from old consultancy and 2 paystubs from new (H1-B)consultancy is it enough to go to consulate?
But generally if you are applied for h1-b to transfer from F1 status you will get new I-94(I797A) with H1-B approval. Most of my frends got the new I-94.
I do have my old I-94( I got it when i came to usa to pursue masters,There is no expiration date in it)
Which consulate is better for this case........to get solved.
According to my old consultancy i will get 5 paystubs from old consultancy and 2 paystubs from new (H1-B)consultancy is it enough to go to consulate?
diptam
02-18 05:36 PM
Look, the law is that the H1B employer must pay the promised LCA to the employee where he/she is in Project or out of Project or playing or vacationing or training .... As long as the employer doesn't terminate the employment they are supposed to pay the minimum wage.
If they don't pay and neither terminate - its a illegal thing. I completely understand what you are asking :)
when a person is on H1B and out of project and no paystubs, Will there be any issue with 485 processing.
If they don't pay and neither terminate - its a illegal thing. I completely understand what you are asking :)
when a person is on H1B and out of project and no paystubs, Will there be any issue with 485 processing.
gceverywhere
06-10 12:53 PM
Ok..So now that I have your attention, I can say how I feel about our top priority right now.
Most IV members can see the current action item about calling 6 representatives on the home page at the top. If you are someone who has already made the phone calls then you have my respect and admiration.
For the rest of you, here is the link
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19387
I think a lot of people come to IV to find a pleasant surprise waiting for them but close it when they don't see any good news. They also browse around a bit to see what others are talking about and also get in discussions/arguments when they have some time. But not a lot of people actually spend time to read action items and follow what the core team is asking them to do. I'm not sure what the reasons are. May be people are afraid that calling someone in Washington will get them on some list. May be they don't like to be told what to do. May be this may be that.. I don't know.
But if you are someone who hasn't joined IV in any of its various efforts to bring attention to our issues then I'm not sure if you do anything good for yourselves. I'm not saying that I have participated in every single campaign. But I have tried my best to do something. When will you do something for yourselves? Do you realize that if you don't act now, it will be TOO late to act? Do you realize IV is all of us? If we don't act, IV remains ineffective. So Act now or wait forever. It only takes 10 minutes to call all the numbers and they don't even ask for your name in most cases.
I just checked the tracker and only saw 41 people who have called all the numbers. I don't get it. What is wrong with the rest of you?
I also want to say that you owe it to IV after everything IV has done for you. (e.g Rally +Funding drive+many many campaigns).
IV has united us. Now lets show the strength of our unity.
Disclaimer: I'm not a core team member. I'm neither a state chapter leader nor one of the truely active IV members. I'm just an ordinary person like most of you but I think I finally GET IT. Nothing will happen unless I do my part. Now how about clicking that link above and making a few phone calls. Trust me, you will feel good about yourself after you do it. And please update the poll after you have completed your calls.
Most IV members can see the current action item about calling 6 representatives on the home page at the top. If you are someone who has already made the phone calls then you have my respect and admiration.
For the rest of you, here is the link
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19387
I think a lot of people come to IV to find a pleasant surprise waiting for them but close it when they don't see any good news. They also browse around a bit to see what others are talking about and also get in discussions/arguments when they have some time. But not a lot of people actually spend time to read action items and follow what the core team is asking them to do. I'm not sure what the reasons are. May be people are afraid that calling someone in Washington will get them on some list. May be they don't like to be told what to do. May be this may be that.. I don't know.
But if you are someone who hasn't joined IV in any of its various efforts to bring attention to our issues then I'm not sure if you do anything good for yourselves. I'm not saying that I have participated in every single campaign. But I have tried my best to do something. When will you do something for yourselves? Do you realize that if you don't act now, it will be TOO late to act? Do you realize IV is all of us? If we don't act, IV remains ineffective. So Act now or wait forever. It only takes 10 minutes to call all the numbers and they don't even ask for your name in most cases.
I just checked the tracker and only saw 41 people who have called all the numbers. I don't get it. What is wrong with the rest of you?
I also want to say that you owe it to IV after everything IV has done for you. (e.g Rally +Funding drive+many many campaigns).
IV has united us. Now lets show the strength of our unity.
Disclaimer: I'm not a core team member. I'm neither a state chapter leader nor one of the truely active IV members. I'm just an ordinary person like most of you but I think I finally GET IT. Nothing will happen unless I do my part. Now how about clicking that link above and making a few phone calls. Trust me, you will feel good about yourself after you do it. And please update the poll after you have completed your calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment