newlife2
09-19 10:16 PM
Guys, I was just laid off and have efiled i539 3 days after the termination date for a status change to F2. Now working on the application letter. Do you think I should mention the layoff in the letter?
If I do mention it:
Con: The layoff might quickly catch the eyes of the immigration officer and if he want to check my status, he could find out the 3 days OOS.
Pro: My previous job was well paid. By mentioning it, I give the reason that why I want to stay at home as F2 instead of keeping the well paid job.
I guess I will mention it in the letter to explain the whole situation and hope everything will be all right. Let me know if anybody disagrees asap, I will mail out the stuff with in next two days.
If I do mention it:
Con: The layoff might quickly catch the eyes of the immigration officer and if he want to check my status, he could find out the 3 days OOS.
Pro: My previous job was well paid. By mentioning it, I give the reason that why I want to stay at home as F2 instead of keeping the well paid job.
I guess I will mention it in the letter to explain the whole situation and hope everything will be all right. Let me know if anybody disagrees asap, I will mail out the stuff with in next two days.
wallpaper Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
hibworker
01-04 02:26 PM
Probably I did not make myself clear .
I don't care about any in-state tution or financial assistance .
My question is, is it possible to even file for COS from H4 to F1 after getting F1 denied in India .
Here is the timeline
Nov 2010 - COS from H4 to F1 approved in US.
Dec 2010 - Went to india for F1 Stamping and it was denied.
Jan 2011 - Came to US on H4 visa .
Now is it possible to apply for COS to F1 again ? . Will the F1 denial in India have any impact on COS to F1 processing ?
Sure she can apply for COS to F1. I am not sure what impact denial in India will have, but its worth a shot. However, for OPT the student needs to be in F1 status for at least 1 academic year - so check with her school if she will meet the OPT requirement after switching back to F1
I don't care about any in-state tution or financial assistance .
My question is, is it possible to even file for COS from H4 to F1 after getting F1 denied in India .
Here is the timeline
Nov 2010 - COS from H4 to F1 approved in US.
Dec 2010 - Went to india for F1 Stamping and it was denied.
Jan 2011 - Came to US on H4 visa .
Now is it possible to apply for COS to F1 again ? . Will the F1 denial in India have any impact on COS to F1 processing ?
Sure she can apply for COS to F1. I am not sure what impact denial in India will have, but its worth a shot. However, for OPT the student needs to be in F1 status for at least 1 academic year - so check with her school if she will meet the OPT requirement after switching back to F1
Bpositive
02-22 05:17 PM
Talk to a good lawyer...you should be able to sort it out..Congrats on getting into the Phd program at MIT. No mean task...
2011 Hawaii selenamay , onlinemay
ramaonline
11-21 02:56 PM
Could you be a little specific?
Was your h1 approved or did you get RFE (Request for evidence). Did your attorney receive the approved petition? Are you currently in the US or outside US?
Was your h1 approved or did you get RFE (Request for evidence). Did your attorney receive the approved petition? Are you currently in the US or outside US?
more...
GCSeekerCT
08-21 07:47 PM
Thanks for your opinions.
Sorry, I should have included my Category EB2 and Country India in the original post.
I am leaning more towards AC21 as well. But not sure how it will affect the overall scenario (as far as paperwork right now and may be years from now).
I have been patient enough for 5+ years and one thought says "stick it out" the other says "enough is enough, its time to move on"
I am sure there are many on the board like me, and I guess I am looking for some courage, either way.
Sorry, I should have included my Category EB2 and Country India in the original post.
I am leaning more towards AC21 as well. But not sure how it will affect the overall scenario (as far as paperwork right now and may be years from now).
I have been patient enough for 5+ years and one thought says "stick it out" the other says "enough is enough, its time to move on"
I am sure there are many on the board like me, and I guess I am looking for some courage, either way.
asiehouston
09-05 09:19 PM
I finally got my AP, 15 days after my EAD (100 days total) . I was happy to open the packet, until this......
THEY SENT ME MY AP WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE!!!!!!!
Everything else is Correct (address, DOB, A# etc...)
GURUS, please advise what should I do...... I am so pissed!!!!! Thankfully my EAD has the correct pic.... I had done an E-file....June 7th and my previous AP expires Sept 20
THEY SENT ME MY AP WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE!!!!!!!
Everything else is Correct (address, DOB, A# etc...)
GURUS, please advise what should I do...... I am so pissed!!!!! Thankfully my EAD has the correct pic.... I had done an E-file....June 7th and my previous AP expires Sept 20
more...
syedajmal
03-31 04:14 PM
Speeding is a misdemeanor in some states and can cause a false alarm. Just recollect to see if you can recollect anything where you ran into the law even something minor??
2010 Justin Bieber amp; Selena Gomez
logiclife
02-01 06:40 PM
It doesnt matter who the President is, on issues of legal skilled immigration.
Immigration reform, like any other big reform, needs changes in laws, which needs initiations and actions from CONGRESS.
In Congress, we have a presistent problem of a filibustering senate.
What we need in 2008 elections is the kind of senators who oppose us to lose elections and pro-immigration senators to win elections. Not only that, if one party gets over 55-57 senators, then filibuster threat is mitigated severly, because its easy to find 3-4 senators from minority party to break ranks and vote FOR a particular bill or amendment.
So what you need is a heavily tilted senate that has over 55 senators of just one party so that they can overcome filibuster and legislate big fixes for a change rather than naming post-offices and passing budgets.
The senate has 100 seats, with each senator facing election every 6 years. So each election cycle (every 2 years) there are one third of senators facing re-election.
This time, there are 34 senators facing re-election. Out of this 22 are Republicans and 12 are Democrats. Republicans have more seats to defend then Democrats. Plus about 4-5 Republicans are retiring so its easier to pick up those seats for Democrats than to beat a sitting senator.
If a Democratic tide takes place, then senate could tilt heavily Democratic in 2008 and would take care of filibuster issue where each measure needs 60 votes to pass. Nonetheless, you have to remember that Democrats or Republicans are easily divided when legislating immigration and it has a way of dividing parties like no other. Last year, Immigration CIR bill faced opposition from both sides - Republican and Democratic.
THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OR SUPPORT OF ANY KIND FOR ANY PARTY OR CANDIDATE. IV is NEUTRAL AND IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN.
Immigration reform, like any other big reform, needs changes in laws, which needs initiations and actions from CONGRESS.
In Congress, we have a presistent problem of a filibustering senate.
What we need in 2008 elections is the kind of senators who oppose us to lose elections and pro-immigration senators to win elections. Not only that, if one party gets over 55-57 senators, then filibuster threat is mitigated severly, because its easy to find 3-4 senators from minority party to break ranks and vote FOR a particular bill or amendment.
So what you need is a heavily tilted senate that has over 55 senators of just one party so that they can overcome filibuster and legislate big fixes for a change rather than naming post-offices and passing budgets.
The senate has 100 seats, with each senator facing election every 6 years. So each election cycle (every 2 years) there are one third of senators facing re-election.
This time, there are 34 senators facing re-election. Out of this 22 are Republicans and 12 are Democrats. Republicans have more seats to defend then Democrats. Plus about 4-5 Republicans are retiring so its easier to pick up those seats for Democrats than to beat a sitting senator.
If a Democratic tide takes place, then senate could tilt heavily Democratic in 2008 and would take care of filibuster issue where each measure needs 60 votes to pass. Nonetheless, you have to remember that Democrats or Republicans are easily divided when legislating immigration and it has a way of dividing parties like no other. Last year, Immigration CIR bill faced opposition from both sides - Republican and Democratic.
THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OR SUPPORT OF ANY KIND FOR ANY PARTY OR CANDIDATE. IV is NEUTRAL AND IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN.
more...

GCard_Dream
06-29 03:58 PM
It is a shady practice. The main reason an employer wouldn't give you a copy of a I-140 is that if you were to leave company A and company B sponsors you for GC, you can keep your old priority date. But that is only possible if you can furnish a copy of approved I-140 to INS. It is such a stupid practice on part of INS to request the petitioner to provide a copy of something (like I-140) that they themselves approved and should already have a record of. But I don't think anyone expects any better from INS anyway.
I agree that it is a employer driven petition but the employer purposely holds the information back so that they have more control over the employees decision making ( specially if the employee is thinking about leaving the company).
This is not a shady practice. The employer had petitioned for a labor certification earlier to sponsor GC for an employee who might have left the company. Now they filled the position with you, so its perfectly alright to use the same petition for you.
As far as the documents are concerned, they are employer centric and they have no reason to give them to you. You will have nothing to do with those even if you get them. If the only purpose you want to solve is to know whether or not your labor and I40 were infact approved as your employer says, you should request your employer to show you a copy.
The copies are wothless to you if you leave the company anyways, before you get an EAD.
Don't heed the advise of people who ask you to find a better employer. Such people are only trying to get their own GCs faster, since there will be one less person with an earlier priority date.
I agree that it is a employer driven petition but the employer purposely holds the information back so that they have more control over the employees decision making ( specially if the employee is thinking about leaving the company).
This is not a shady practice. The employer had petitioned for a labor certification earlier to sponsor GC for an employee who might have left the company. Now they filled the position with you, so its perfectly alright to use the same petition for you.
As far as the documents are concerned, they are employer centric and they have no reason to give them to you. You will have nothing to do with those even if you get them. If the only purpose you want to solve is to know whether or not your labor and I40 were infact approved as your employer says, you should request your employer to show you a copy.
The copies are wothless to you if you leave the company anyways, before you get an EAD.
Don't heed the advise of people who ask you to find a better employer. Such people are only trying to get their own GCs faster, since there will be one less person with an earlier priority date.
hair Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
alex99
06-28 03:12 PM
As far as I know We need only Employment offer letter. And the Designation should match your PERM Labor Certificate.
Sample Format:
DATE
USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX
Dear Sir/Madam:
This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.
He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)
It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
Sample Format:
DATE
USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX
Dear Sir/Madam:
This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.
He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)
It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
more...
logiclife
12-15 10:39 AM
This is actually good. this means that the company will not meddle in H1B and your papers and do whatever the lawyer says should be done.
That means that you have a chance to hire your own lawyer and establish contact between company and lawyer.
It may cost your some money to hire a lawyer, but trust me, having your own lawyer that is employed by you (rather than employer) is worth 10 times the lawyer's fees. Get a lawyer, ask your company to talk to that lawyer and follow his/her directions. All you company has to do is provide the paperwork.
Tell your company that its not a big deal and even 10-employee companies sponsor H1 and its a matter of paperwork.
That means that you have a chance to hire your own lawyer and establish contact between company and lawyer.
It may cost your some money to hire a lawyer, but trust me, having your own lawyer that is employed by you (rather than employer) is worth 10 times the lawyer's fees. Get a lawyer, ask your company to talk to that lawyer and follow his/her directions. All you company has to do is provide the paperwork.
Tell your company that its not a big deal and even 10-employee companies sponsor H1 and its a matter of paperwork.
hot 1, Pics
desi3933
02-18 11:28 AM
Thanks desi3933 for correcting me and posting the link. But, I know a couple of instances where they got the RFE/NOID for the same reason. But, I am sure they will eventually get approved if they go for MTR as this was addressed in Yates Memo.
I have a question, is 'memo' same as law? Can the IO come back and say its not in the law? Just out of my curiosity ...
>> I have a question, is 'memo' same as law?
No. these memorandums do not have the force of law and apply only to USCIS officers, not to immigration judges.
>> Can the IO come back and say its not in the law?
No. See above.
These issues are more complicated.
______________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
I have a question, is 'memo' same as law? Can the IO come back and say its not in the law? Just out of my curiosity ...
>> I have a question, is 'memo' same as law?
No. these memorandums do not have the force of law and apply only to USCIS officers, not to immigration judges.
>> Can the IO come back and say its not in the law?
No. See above.
These issues are more complicated.
______________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
more...
house Justin+ieber+selena+gomez
nath
06-07 05:56 PM
Good luck everybody who are able to make it for DC campaign. Rest of IV members will be with you guys in spirit. :)
Hi, I am planning to join tomorrow, please let me know, whats tomorrow schedule and where to come and meet.
Hi, I am planning to join tomorrow, please let me know, whats tomorrow schedule and where to come and meet.
tattoo Justin Bieber amp; Selena Gomez,
averagedesi
09-08 01:21 AM
When is your infopass appt?
more...
pictures Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
mayitbesoon
02-04 12:44 PM
My husband's I-140 is pending at TSC receipt date Dec 07. The processing date is in Jan 2008. how can we enquire why his I-140 is still pending. no LUD what so ever.
Contacted his HR. they say, they are waiting for reply from law firm.
Other than form 7001 that needs employer signature, are there any ways to enquire into the delay?.
Thanks.
Contacted his HR. they say, they are waiting for reply from law firm.
Other than form 7001 that needs employer signature, are there any ways to enquire into the delay?.
Thanks.
dresses Justin Bieber (17-year-old)
Junky
10-28 08:02 AM
Happy diwali to every one.
May the festival of lights fill your hearts with hope, peace and serenity
May the festival of lights fill your hearts with hope, peace and serenity
more...
makeup Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
Tantrik Swami
November 19th, 2004, 06:37 AM
I have exactly the same problem ... happened to me two days back ... i dont know what to do ... HELP ... and if you guys get a reply from Nikon ... please let me know ... thanks ...
PS.: I got my camera off the gray market ... so cant get any warranty claims ... :(
PS.: I got my camera off the gray market ... so cant get any warranty claims ... :(
girlfriend Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez
TomPlate
01-31 10:23 PM
Hukabee in Republican.
Obama in Democrat.
Obama in Democrat.
hairstyles Justin Bieber and Selena
somegchuh
10-31 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. Does anyone know if they issue the renewed EAD starting at the end of the current EAD or does the renewed EAD start on the day the case gets updated? If the answer is latter then I don't want to bother pushing the lawyer (not that they care anyways ;-)
my lawyer said that if anyone uses EAD to work or planning to use EAD soon (not H1B) then it is better to apply for EAD renewal before 6 months of current one expires. If you are in H1B not planning to use EAD even in future then you can renew it 3-4 months before expiry.
my lawyer said that if anyone uses EAD to work or planning to use EAD soon (not H1B) then it is better to apply for EAD renewal before 6 months of current one expires. If you are in H1B not planning to use EAD even in future then you can renew it 3-4 months before expiry.
Hewa
07-27 01:07 PM
Hi,
My I-94 which was issued 2 years ago in the port of entry got expired(this I-94 was based on my previous employer "ABC". I have applied for H1 extention and got my 797 extended with new I-94 recently with my new employer "XYZ".
My question is which I-94 details should I use while filing my 485. Obviously my labor was filed by "XYZ" company.
Regards
Kasi
Use the latest (and valid) I 94. The one that came with the H1 extension.
My I-94 which was issued 2 years ago in the port of entry got expired(this I-94 was based on my previous employer "ABC". I have applied for H1 extention and got my 797 extended with new I-94 recently with my new employer "XYZ".
My question is which I-94 details should I use while filing my 485. Obviously my labor was filed by "XYZ" company.
Regards
Kasi
Use the latest (and valid) I 94. The one that came with the H1 extension.
I-485 approval
08-20 10:30 AM
I filed for I-485 under EB3 category in July 2007 and have a priority date of March 2003. Since EB3 is not moving at all. I applied in EB2 category and got I-140 approved based on my old Priority date(March 2003).
My attorney sent a letter to USCIS and requesting them to approve my case based on my approved I-140 (EB2) in July 2009. Since then we haven't recieved any communication from them.
My case is current as of Aug 1st 2009 but no LUD's on my case.
How would I know that USCIS have changed my case from EB3 to EB2.
I apperciate your response in this regard.
My attorney sent a letter to USCIS and requesting them to approve my case based on my approved I-140 (EB2) in July 2009. Since then we haven't recieved any communication from them.
My case is current as of Aug 1st 2009 but no LUD's on my case.
How would I know that USCIS have changed my case from EB3 to EB2.
I apperciate your response in this regard.
No comments:
Post a Comment