nozerd
04-16 12:20 AM
Any additional thoughts / opinions on getting travel insurance ? My uncle and aunt are coming over for 3 months in the summer. My uncle is 65 with typical BP/ Heart problem issues and aunt has no medical problem. Is ICICI Lombardi the best option ?
Any other viewsand recomendations from those who have actually had to use the insurance and submit a claim etc ?
Thanks
Any other viewsand recomendations from those who have actually had to use the insurance and submit a claim etc ?
Thanks
wallpaper “Justin Bieber: Never Say
eb3retro
08-31 01:14 PM
Before voting, I saw the poll results, it said total number of votes = 9345. Then I voted "yes". The total no of votes still stands at 9345.
try voting no, and it will increase by 500 votes.:D:D:D
try voting no, and it will increase by 500 votes.:D:D:D
saimrathi
08-10 03:30 PM
Source??
And please post in the media thread...
And please post in the media thread...
2011 quot;Justin Bieber: Never Say
sr77
09-26 11:45 AM
Hello,
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
more...
sanjeev.mehra@gmail.com
08-15 08:25 AM
Hi,
If I am working with X company & Y company is ready to file GC.
(Assuming Y has no objections even if I do not join the company at all)
Is it mandatory for the candidate to join company Y at certain stage which has file GC?
I would appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Sanjeev.
If I am working with X company & Y company is ready to file GC.
(Assuming Y has no objections even if I do not join the company at all)
Is it mandatory for the candidate to join company Y at certain stage which has file GC?
I would appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Sanjeev.
krishna.ahd
02-12 06:08 PM
both H1 and H4 extension are filed together regularly.
However, the need now arises to upgrade both to premium processing.
Attorney claims I can only get H1 under premium and if processing center wants they will process H4 under premium as well.
But I cannot find this memo that speaks of premium processing being available for I-539 applications as well. It happened sometime last year.
Anyway, thanks for all replies. I'll keep digging....
It happned to me , when attorney forgot to file H4 for my kids and i came to know only after i received my extension. Then my employer filed it under premium and received the approval within 10 days.
However, the need now arises to upgrade both to premium processing.
Attorney claims I can only get H1 under premium and if processing center wants they will process H4 under premium as well.
But I cannot find this memo that speaks of premium processing being available for I-539 applications as well. It happened sometime last year.
Anyway, thanks for all replies. I'll keep digging....
It happned to me , when attorney forgot to file H4 for my kids and i came to know only after i received my extension. Then my employer filed it under premium and received the approval within 10 days.
more...
jai_immigration
12-21 08:41 PM
NRI Investing in Stocks India:
Wanted to know if any of you have been able to successfully Invest in Stocks/Mutual funds in Indian Market on a Repatriable basis. If so please share your experience and which brokerage you have used.
I have tried to contact various Indian brokerages like ICICIDirect, HDFC, Kotak...All say that they do not take NRI's from USA for a Brokerage account. No idea what the reason is. Please share your experience.
Wanted to know if any of you have been able to successfully Invest in Stocks/Mutual funds in Indian Market on a Repatriable basis. If so please share your experience and which brokerage you have used.
I have tried to contact various Indian brokerages like ICICIDirect, HDFC, Kotak...All say that they do not take NRI's from USA for a Brokerage account. No idea what the reason is. Please share your experience.
2010 February 9, 2011 | 0 middot; Selena
chakalov
09-19 07:40 PM
here is the deal:
if Durbin wants to pass the DREAM act he will need Cornyn support. If Cornyn wants to pass his SKILL act he will need Durbin support. Now we all know that on its own Cornyn will never support the DREAM act and Durbin will never support the SKILL bill. The question is will they be able to cut a deal and support each others bills. The answer is maybe. Note that about a month ago there was a vote on the SKILL bill and it didnt pass simply because no Democrat voted for it. It is not because no democrat supports the bill but because of partisan tactics. There was simply no bill on the Democrats side to offset the Cornyn amedment so they decided to bring it down. Now the sitiations is different. There is a Democratic bill that can make up for the SKILL bill. So if the DREAM act passes there is pretty good chance for the SKILL act will pass too.
if Durbin wants to pass the DREAM act he will need Cornyn support. If Cornyn wants to pass his SKILL act he will need Durbin support. Now we all know that on its own Cornyn will never support the DREAM act and Durbin will never support the SKILL bill. The question is will they be able to cut a deal and support each others bills. The answer is maybe. Note that about a month ago there was a vote on the SKILL bill and it didnt pass simply because no Democrat voted for it. It is not because no democrat supports the bill but because of partisan tactics. There was simply no bill on the Democrats side to offset the Cornyn amedment so they decided to bring it down. Now the sitiations is different. There is a Democratic bill that can make up for the SKILL bill. So if the DREAM act passes there is pretty good chance for the SKILL act will pass too.
more...
punjabi
10-23 03:50 PM
If you get laid off, find a company at a rate that will meet your minimum LCA wages requirement for H1B (W2) or EAD (I will approximate the wages mentioned in labor document). I think you have 30 days of buffer, but I will find something right away.
There is a chance that i might get laid off. I have a pending I485 filed on July 2. My I-140 was approved in June 06. Would like to know if i get laid off within how many days do i have to find a job.
really need to know this based on the market situation.
There is a chance that i might get laid off. I have a pending I485 filed on July 2. My I-140 was approved in June 06. Would like to know if i get laid off within how many days do i have to find a job.
really need to know this based on the market situation.
hair quot;Justin Bieber: Never Say
billu
08-21 08:54 AM
I agree with rajuram. We are all tax payers. The whole concept of democracy is taxation with representation. People who get paid from my tax dollars are answerable to me as much as they are to anyone else. Even when cis is not forcing me to file gc, its still equally answerable to me for my tax dollars to tell me why they are not doing their jobs properly. And for that cis owes us all apology. What's wrong with that?
"doing their jobs properly" is a very subjective term......they believe that they are doing the best that they can.......who is going to decide the parameters of "properly"?.......besides what is an apology going to do for us?.....if u get ur GC in 2020 and during the interim u get 10 apology letters,will it make the wait any easier?
"doing their jobs properly" is a very subjective term......they believe that they are doing the best that they can.......who is going to decide the parameters of "properly"?.......besides what is an apology going to do for us?.....if u get ur GC in 2020 and during the interim u get 10 apology letters,will it make the wait any easier?
more...
lostinbeta
09-04 03:36 PM
Glad I could help:)
hot February 9, 2011 | 0 middot; Selena
sanju
03-06 02:59 PM
What are you talking about?
Somebody here said Zoe Logfren was able to get her bill passed on wednesday. All I am doing is asking what was passed and where?
Am I missing something?
Sorry, that was not directed at you, it was directed at the agenda that mirage is trying to set the agenda.
Somebody here said Zoe Logfren was able to get her bill passed on wednesday. All I am doing is asking what was passed and where?
Am I missing something?
Sorry, that was not directed at you, it was directed at the agenda that mirage is trying to set the agenda.
more...
house #39;Justin Bieber: Never Say
Administrator2
03-14 12:27 PM
I just emailed mine to info@immigrationvoice.org.
Thanks!
Thanks!
tattoo Well I#39;m sure Justin Bieber#39;s
a_yaja
06-25 10:34 AM
I though such contracts are illegal in US?....It is employment at will.....that means they can kick you out anytime or you can leave anytime....maybe someone can clarify
It is "at will". But employers can have what is known as a "termination" clause. This clause can be anything (as long as it is legal):
- You cannot quit and join a competitor within 2 yrs
- You have to return all money paid for relocation if you quit within one yr
- You have to pay all costs associated with GC processing if you quit within 2 yrs
It looks like "2 yrs" is the max. time allowed by the law.
As long as the terms are reasonable, it will stand in the court of law. However, stuff like "you cannot do any programming for 2 yrs after quitting" will not hold in the court of law, because the agreement is preventing you from earning a livelyhood - which is illegal.
It is "at will". But employers can have what is known as a "termination" clause. This clause can be anything (as long as it is legal):
- You cannot quit and join a competitor within 2 yrs
- You have to return all money paid for relocation if you quit within one yr
- You have to pay all costs associated with GC processing if you quit within 2 yrs
It looks like "2 yrs" is the max. time allowed by the law.
As long as the terms are reasonable, it will stand in the court of law. However, stuff like "you cannot do any programming for 2 yrs after quitting" will not hold in the court of law, because the agreement is preventing you from earning a livelyhood - which is illegal.
more...
pictures Justin Bieber Attends The
mombemoo
April 4th, 2005, 08:15 PM
i love those shots on your website absolutely amazing
Dual exposure is the obvious and best solution to extremes in lighting but it necessitates setting up a tripod etc.
However, quite often one's best landscapes are an opportunity that presents itself on the spur of the moment. Frequently in these cases the lighting may not fit comfortably into the dynamic range and/or - dare I say it - one's exposure may also be hasty and less than optimum. Dual conversion of a single RAW file is is a great help in this regard. Whilst never quite as good as two separate exposures, I get the impression that the raw converter can extract a remarkable amount of hidden information from a file where the range is not too extreme.
In analogue terms this would be equivalent to being able to develop a single negative image twice with different dilutions temperatures etc (that would be a neat trick). The resulting image may not be technically perfect but may work perfectly in terms of aesthetics.
Kevin
http://homepage.eircom.net/~bot/paint/photo.htm
Dual exposure is the obvious and best solution to extremes in lighting but it necessitates setting up a tripod etc.
However, quite often one's best landscapes are an opportunity that presents itself on the spur of the moment. Frequently in these cases the lighting may not fit comfortably into the dynamic range and/or - dare I say it - one's exposure may also be hasty and less than optimum. Dual conversion of a single RAW file is is a great help in this regard. Whilst never quite as good as two separate exposures, I get the impression that the raw converter can extract a remarkable amount of hidden information from a file where the range is not too extreme.
In analogue terms this would be equivalent to being able to develop a single negative image twice with different dilutions temperatures etc (that would be a neat trick). The resulting image may not be technically perfect but may work perfectly in terms of aesthetics.
Kevin
http://homepage.eircom.net/~bot/paint/photo.htm
dresses quot;Justin Bieber: Never Say
mack
03-09 08:19 PM
does anyone have stats on what the double dipped usage trend has been? not sure if the latest stats from uscis reveals that.
more...
makeup Justin Bieber Never Say Never
HOPE_GC_SOON
03-28 10:15 AM
guys, Murthy says EB2 will move forward in May 2008 bulletine. Reason is getting leftover visa from EB1 India's category.
http://murthy.com/bulletin.html
hoping big forward move.:D
Hi Dipika;
This is good News.. Quite encouraging to spend the weekend off with some motivation/ happiness.
Do We have any statsitstics, as to how many Visa Nos. could have been Spilled off from unused EB1 and how many India / Chia may share out of it. That would give clear picture to this Speculation.
Gurus: Any Link/ Previous threads, Explaining No. of EB2 cases.. Interesting stuff to analyze during the weeknd.
Thanks again for all the team work
http://murthy.com/bulletin.html
hoping big forward move.:D
Hi Dipika;
This is good News.. Quite encouraging to spend the weekend off with some motivation/ happiness.
Do We have any statsitstics, as to how many Visa Nos. could have been Spilled off from unused EB1 and how many India / Chia may share out of it. That would give clear picture to this Speculation.
Gurus: Any Link/ Previous threads, Explaining No. of EB2 cases.. Interesting stuff to analyze during the weeknd.
Thanks again for all the team work
girlfriend quot;Justin Bieber: Never Say
raydhan
05-24 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone.
I am just glad to be a part of this effort. Thanks for all the encouragement and support.
Regards,
Salil
I am just glad to be a part of this effort. Thanks for all the encouragement and support.
Regards,
Salil
hairstyles Justin Bieber#39;s #39;Never Say
dingudi
03-07 09:42 AM
Visa stamping interview --> Feb 8th
Was asked to submit technical questionnaire and other documents as per 221g which I did
Received email confirmation that they have "received" the documents and sending it to DOS for further processing and will email me in sometime
After waiting for one month and no sign of the elusive email, I flew in to LAX and used my Advanced Parole successfully. I had not cancelled my pending H1B application.
The POE officer was very polite unlike the officer at the Mumbai consulate. They didn't ask me even "one" question about my pending h1B application or the H1b in general, had to wait in the secondary inspection room while they looked up my information. Was out in 20-25 mins.
When I asked the POE officer what happens to the H1, he said it gets void. But as per earlier INS memos(Cronin Memo) and threads on forums, this is not the case right ? although I didn't start a discussion on this with him, because I didn't want to confuse him. My I-94 has AOS written on it which probably puts me in a Parolee status.
Now my question is:
---------------------------------------
I really would like to get back on the H1 status, so when the email arrives from Mumbai, does anyone know if its possible to withdraw the application .
Then arrange for the h1B visa stamping interview at say Tijuana, Mexico which is 2 hours drive from where I live. Wouldn't I be in the PIMS system now (since I would have received the email from the mum consulate) and make the stamping faster at the regular timelines. I have my multiple entry AP as backup, so I can be back if I need to.
I'd really appreciate if anyone can shed any light on this, I really hate to work on my EAD and would like to continue on the H1 as a backup for my entire family's sake.
What you did was technically , not an appropriate step. It is clearly mentioned on AP that it is not intended to circumvent the visa process and this is exactly what you did. Either you should travel on AP OR apply for visa and wait for the visa. One of my friends did this and POE was not happy with it. So one should use AP very carefully.
Was asked to submit technical questionnaire and other documents as per 221g which I did
Received email confirmation that they have "received" the documents and sending it to DOS for further processing and will email me in sometime
After waiting for one month and no sign of the elusive email, I flew in to LAX and used my Advanced Parole successfully. I had not cancelled my pending H1B application.
The POE officer was very polite unlike the officer at the Mumbai consulate. They didn't ask me even "one" question about my pending h1B application or the H1b in general, had to wait in the secondary inspection room while they looked up my information. Was out in 20-25 mins.
When I asked the POE officer what happens to the H1, he said it gets void. But as per earlier INS memos(Cronin Memo) and threads on forums, this is not the case right ? although I didn't start a discussion on this with him, because I didn't want to confuse him. My I-94 has AOS written on it which probably puts me in a Parolee status.
Now my question is:
---------------------------------------
I really would like to get back on the H1 status, so when the email arrives from Mumbai, does anyone know if its possible to withdraw the application .
Then arrange for the h1B visa stamping interview at say Tijuana, Mexico which is 2 hours drive from where I live. Wouldn't I be in the PIMS system now (since I would have received the email from the mum consulate) and make the stamping faster at the regular timelines. I have my multiple entry AP as backup, so I can be back if I need to.
I'd really appreciate if anyone can shed any light on this, I really hate to work on my EAD and would like to continue on the H1 as a backup for my entire family's sake.
What you did was technically , not an appropriate step. It is clearly mentioned on AP that it is not intended to circumvent the visa process and this is exactly what you did. Either you should travel on AP OR apply for visa and wait for the visa. One of my friends did this and POE was not happy with it. So one should use AP very carefully.
Prashanthi
05-21 11:17 AM
When the USCIS finds out and makes a determination that you are out of status, that is when you will be in trouble, or if you go outside the country for a visa, if they notice that you W-2 has a very low amount, they may refuse to give you a visa. When you file the transfer if the USCIS finds out that you have violated your status, they will still approve you h-1 for consular processing, they may not approve your request for a transfer.
ita
10-31 11:52 AM
Can someone please give me the website link to book a visa appointment?
Is it same for all consulates in India? I'm looking for Chennnai.
Thank you.
Is it same for all consulates in India? I'm looking for Chennnai.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment