glus
02-24 12:20 PM
I filed my labor three years ago with a requirement of BS + a minimum of a one year experience (I had 4 years of US experience and 6 ys experience abroad at that time -feb 2005-).
Now that I filed I-485 more than 180 days ago and I have a job offer that pays double of what is mentioned in the Labor (which the lawyer said is not a problem) , I still have an issue and is the following: in the description mentions as requirement "BS + minimum of 5 ys experience".
My lawyer said that although I have been in U.S. working with same position and same job title for 7 ys, that to be same or similar they should require similar experience than what was required at the moment my labor was filed: ie, BS + not more than 2 years experience,... Is this true? Did anyone experience this? The employer is a big corporation and cannot change that the job description to match the minimum years of experience. The duties are 90% similar and the job title is exactly the same.
The lawyer said that after labor was filed three years ago, that we could not count from that moment on an increased experience, with that I mean the minimum years of experience of the job in 2005 was 1 (although my resume on my labor showed 10 ys of experience) and he said that we cannot say that in 2005 was a minimun one year so you could gain experience on the job and convert it into a job with a minimumn of 4 years being same or similar). HE said that the experience clock was stopped on the labor filing date ie I cannot increase the minimun experience to make a job same or similar.
Did anyone hear anything similar?
Thanks and have a great weekend!
OK, this could be a problem at the time of I485 approval. You can change a job to same or similar. If you salary is double, an IO can think that this can't possibly be "same or similar" job. Also, if the experience required for the new position is so much different, that could also raise doubts. I would suggest getting a 2nd lawyer's opinion. I remember reading memo stating that if there is a "marginal change" in salary or requirements, a job cannot be classified as similar or same, which is required to invoke Ac21.
Now that I filed I-485 more than 180 days ago and I have a job offer that pays double of what is mentioned in the Labor (which the lawyer said is not a problem) , I still have an issue and is the following: in the description mentions as requirement "BS + minimum of 5 ys experience".
My lawyer said that although I have been in U.S. working with same position and same job title for 7 ys, that to be same or similar they should require similar experience than what was required at the moment my labor was filed: ie, BS + not more than 2 years experience,... Is this true? Did anyone experience this? The employer is a big corporation and cannot change that the job description to match the minimum years of experience. The duties are 90% similar and the job title is exactly the same.
The lawyer said that after labor was filed three years ago, that we could not count from that moment on an increased experience, with that I mean the minimum years of experience of the job in 2005 was 1 (although my resume on my labor showed 10 ys of experience) and he said that we cannot say that in 2005 was a minimun one year so you could gain experience on the job and convert it into a job with a minimumn of 4 years being same or similar). HE said that the experience clock was stopped on the labor filing date ie I cannot increase the minimun experience to make a job same or similar.
Did anyone hear anything similar?
Thanks and have a great weekend!
OK, this could be a problem at the time of I485 approval. You can change a job to same or similar. If you salary is double, an IO can think that this can't possibly be "same or similar" job. Also, if the experience required for the new position is so much different, that could also raise doubts. I would suggest getting a 2nd lawyer's opinion. I remember reading memo stating that if there is a "marginal change" in salary or requirements, a job cannot be classified as similar or same, which is required to invoke Ac21.
wallpaper justin bieber tattoo on elbow
srisra
07-13 09:25 PM
my lawyer says... apply now.. dont know what will be situ in october.. it might go forward.. backward...my pd is 10/2003.
he says since my medicals are over.. all docs are ready ... so he says file and be part of lawsuit..
is this wise idea...if i say yes.. he will file by next week..
i already sent money for my wife...
my company is not covering my wife's expenses.
the lawyer is charing 600 for legal and 745 for filing...
are these
reasonable fees
he says since my medicals are over.. all docs are ready ... so he says file and be part of lawsuit..
is this wise idea...if i say yes.. he will file by next week..
i already sent money for my wife...
my company is not covering my wife's expenses.
the lawyer is charing 600 for legal and 745 for filing...
are these
reasonable fees
MArch172008
06-05 01:20 PM
My labour got approved on May 23rd .
Is it possible to switch company and use this labour whihc got approved by this company?
Thanks for all your support and sharing for knowledge.
Is it possible to switch company and use this labour whihc got approved by this company?
Thanks for all your support and sharing for knowledge.
2011 house Justin Bieber#39;s

mmanurker
06-17 01:24 PM
I would suggest if you could get the perm process started ASAP. Now a days it is getting approved quite fast, you may be good. You may also want to ask your manager if you could work remotely from outside US for couple of months. As per my understanding, if say you are short of 4 months between your PD and H1 expiry date you can do one of the following
1. Shift to some other status like H4
2. Move out of country for 4 months. Your employer will need to get H1 extension and you new stamping.
But as soon as labor gets approved, you will need to file for I140 and your will be good for 3 more year.
This is just from my understanding. I am in similar boat. Going out of US for 6 weeks starting from July.
Assuming that his Labor does not get approved before his I-94 expiry:
1. Moving to H4 can only help him to stay in US but staying on H4 for few months and then trying to get H1 extension beyond 6 yrs is not possible....this is my understanding
2. Moving out of US is the only option in case of labor still pending.
1. Shift to some other status like H4
2. Move out of country for 4 months. Your employer will need to get H1 extension and you new stamping.
But as soon as labor gets approved, you will need to file for I140 and your will be good for 3 more year.
This is just from my understanding. I am in similar boat. Going out of US for 6 weeks starting from July.
Assuming that his Labor does not get approved before his I-94 expiry:
1. Moving to H4 can only help him to stay in US but staying on H4 for few months and then trying to get H1 extension beyond 6 yrs is not possible....this is my understanding
2. Moving out of US is the only option in case of labor still pending.
more...
Imigrait
01-26 11:06 AM
Great AP dates have finally moved :) . Hopefully should get mine by Feb end.
anilsal
03-14 04:52 PM
is appreciated at IV. This is in addition to any other contributions (either time or money) to IV. :)
I meant "Recurring monthly Contribution" :)
I meant "Recurring monthly Contribution" :)
more...
zofa30
09-14 05:04 PM
Thanks a_yaja and thanks for all who helped me in this issue,
Yes I am on EB2+PERM. Thanks for the explanation. I now understand the situation.
I have a couple of questions that will help me to figure out what to do:
1-When legally I can start applying for new EB2+PERM with the new employer? Can I start right away from day one or I should work for the new employer for a certain period?
2-What is the best way to have a safe H1B transfer? In other words should I ask my new employer to transfer H1B then resign from the current job once I received the new H1B or how it should be? Please advice.
Thanks.
Yes I am on EB2+PERM. Thanks for the explanation. I now understand the situation.
I have a couple of questions that will help me to figure out what to do:
1-When legally I can start applying for new EB2+PERM with the new employer? Can I start right away from day one or I should work for the new employer for a certain period?
2-What is the best way to have a safe H1B transfer? In other words should I ask my new employer to transfer H1B then resign from the current job once I received the new H1B or how it should be? Please advice.
Thanks.
2010 Emily Browning#39;s Special Arm

northstar
07-18 01:11 AM
I dont think this should be our priority, his reporting is mostly based on illegal immigration, he does talk about H1B visa sometimes and has reported some incorrect facts, but again his focus is more towards cleaning up the H1B visa system so that things are transparent rather than stopping it altogether.
more...
Robert Kumar
01-02 11:25 AM
Hi,
Here is a question.
Can somebody join an MBA program full time at one's own expense, while on H1B and with 485 pending.
I can see more scope in my company if I have an MBA. Also company is not doing very well.
So, can I join a school till I get my MBA.
How does this reflect on my H1B and pending GC, if company is not paying my salary. I plan to take leave and come back again after the program, but be on payroll.
Thank You,
Bobby.
Here is a question.
Can somebody join an MBA program full time at one's own expense, while on H1B and with 485 pending.
I can see more scope in my company if I have an MBA. Also company is not doing very well.
So, can I join a school till I get my MBA.
How does this reflect on my H1B and pending GC, if company is not paying my salary. I plan to take leave and come back again after the program, but be on payroll.
Thank You,
Bobby.
hair on his left arm pictured
bsnf
07-12 02:30 PM
I called my lawyer yesterday and he told me that he did not get a single case send back.
He filed 300 applications.
He filed 300 applications.
more...
rolrblade
04-03 07:45 AM
I have the RFE, it doesn't state the exact instead mentions 12 weeks from the date of this letter. And the date of the letter is Jan 8, 2008
I do not see any harm in replying to an RFE even if it is late. You should really be pushing your employer and attorney to respond to this RFE at the EARLIEST.
It might also help to give a reason as to why you were late in responding.
I do not see any harm in replying to an RFE even if it is late. You should really be pushing your employer and attorney to respond to this RFE at the EARLIEST.
It might also help to give a reason as to why you were late in responding.
hot under arm of tattoo
manderson
07-17 10:43 AM
if u want to change emplpyer you can transfer H1 via premium process to another employer in 2 weeks. you only need paystubs to prove that you were employed for the last 4 yrs.
as per GC even if you can get your new employer to file it but can't get paperwork from old employer, u'r desparate and wanna file now: u can try substituting ther labor, 140 and experience letter with following (but please know that it might be rejected by USCIS):
- copies of previous labor and 140 can by usually obtained by filing a Freeedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request through your own (trusted) lawyer. but it will take a couple of months -- in the meantime u could try filing through own lawyer with printouts of approved cases statuses (from USCIS website) along with 797 notices (receipt notice with LIN/ WAC number). hope that USCIS will send an RFE for actual paperwork
- substitute experince letter with 2 affidavits of experience from 2 co-workers and paystubs
Disclaimer: Please know that I am not a lawyer so I might be wrong. Please ask an immigration lawyer for advice.
as per GC even if you can get your new employer to file it but can't get paperwork from old employer, u'r desparate and wanna file now: u can try substituting ther labor, 140 and experience letter with following (but please know that it might be rejected by USCIS):
- copies of previous labor and 140 can by usually obtained by filing a Freeedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request through your own (trusted) lawyer. but it will take a couple of months -- in the meantime u could try filing through own lawyer with printouts of approved cases statuses (from USCIS website) along with 797 notices (receipt notice with LIN/ WAC number). hope that USCIS will send an RFE for actual paperwork
- substitute experince letter with 2 affidavits of experience from 2 co-workers and paystubs
Disclaimer: Please know that I am not a lawyer so I might be wrong. Please ask an immigration lawyer for advice.
more...
house When Justin Bieber was spotted

SunnySurya
08-21 02:47 PM
No problems, I looking for an airconditioned office to work at..
I once explored the Indian job market. The sun is really hot!!! Beware of the Surya. :)
I once explored the Indian job market. The sun is really hot!!! Beware of the Surya. :)
tattoo 2011 lil wayne new tattoos. is
sareesh
04-28 10:22 AM
Used AP. Not even single question asked.
Gave AP & PP only. Did not show my EAD either.
Thanks,
SG.
Gave AP & PP only. Did not show my EAD either.
Thanks,
SG.
more...
pictures tattoo justin bieber 2011 may
danu2007
10-09 09:11 PM
Please go to below thread and update the list with your details.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5935
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5935
dresses Filed under Arm, Black and
gc2
12-03 03:15 PM
why would you ask about unemployment for a GC application based on employment category or so i assume.
more...
makeup Japanese Flower Tattoo on Arm
smartboy75
11-02 02:14 AM
This news might not be directly related to our cause but its very much relevant. Here also, they can come with similar results saying that out of all the IT jobs in US, x % have been gone to immigrants where x > 50. Opponents of our cause may use this gainst us.
Precisely my point...why are we enabling anti-immigrants with material to lobby against us....And that is why I raised the question of bringing the issue here....
But I appreciate the insight alterego had to share...it was insightfull and very educative...thxs for sharing a different view...
Precisely my point...why are we enabling anti-immigrants with material to lobby against us....And that is why I raised the question of bringing the issue here....
But I appreciate the insight alterego had to share...it was insightfull and very educative...thxs for sharing a different view...
girlfriend Justin Bieber tattoo
srikondoji
07-02 02:10 PM
Can you shut up for a moment on racist slurs?
What kind of a human being you are to point a smell of racism in my post?
Just get off my thread.
Your quote about Mexicans is as racist as it gets. Please delete it. This is not the time to lose your cool and vent your anger towards wrong things.
Thanks,
Jayant
What kind of a human being you are to point a smell of racism in my post?
Just get off my thread.
Your quote about Mexicans is as racist as it gets. Please delete it. This is not the time to lose your cool and vent your anger towards wrong things.
Thanks,
Jayant
hairstyles Related Content Justin Bieber
pasupuleti
05-11 01:36 PM
Good Job:). I heard your conversation. Thanks for making our case.
belmontboy
09-15 02:53 PM
Any ideas? (My wife and son are in india now).
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
Sharab & Kabab.
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
Sharab & Kabab.
belmontboy
05-26 08:03 PM
just now finished taking an appointment to chennai consulate. while it was painful, i didnot get any errors like you mention.
you need to save and submit the application.
it then takes you to a page where in you need to confirm how you want to receive the passport
once you select that you need to click on "continue" which will then take you to calendar where you can choose your specific dates.
i used IE
btw, make sure you type all addresses in one liner. if you try to indent [splitting in multiple lines] it doesnot showup in pdf form [shows only first two lines]
you need to save and submit the application.
it then takes you to a page where in you need to confirm how you want to receive the passport
once you select that you need to click on "continue" which will then take you to calendar where you can choose your specific dates.
i used IE
btw, make sure you type all addresses in one liner. if you try to indent [splitting in multiple lines] it doesnot showup in pdf form [shows only first two lines]
No comments:
Post a Comment