
PDOCT05
10-29 11:35 AM
Did you get the receipt for your dependent's 485 application or was it rejected before they issued a receipt?
They issued receipt(starting with LIN 08XXXXXXX) and it came with the status as rejected. And infact they returned complete application.They asked me to correct and re-send the application to different P.O.Box after correcting.
They issued receipt(starting with LIN 08XXXXXXX) and it came with the status as rejected. And infact they returned complete application.They asked me to correct and re-send the application to different P.O.Box after correcting.
wallpaper long haircuts with side bangs
cchaitu
07-18 03:40 PM
I don't think you are right for first question. AC21 can be invoked if you have applied 485 more than 180 days. Why EAD is related here. You can change the job after 180 days by transferring your H1 to new company. This is the information I have but it is better to verify it from a lawyer.
Can I join new company on my EAD after 180 days of I485 receipt date??
One quick question:
What is AC21 provision: is this a clause or any other application or ????
Can I join new company on my EAD after 180 days of I485 receipt date??
One quick question:
What is AC21 provision: is this a clause or any other application or ????
nogc_noproblem
01-17 12:08 AM
Good question, but the answer would be purely based on what is your future plan. If you want to continue to work in the software industry then there are only few cities in the list. If you want to do business (which is my personal choice) then the choice would be totally different.
Seems you are thinking a lot about your kids education (obviously), please remember, those days when only metro city students are in the top ten list of board exam results are gone, if you check the recent years results you will notice that students from small town/ rural schools are doing great.
If you don't want to give a sudden drastic change to your 6 year old then stay in the metro city for a year or two and then move to your home town if you want. OR if your intension is to work in the software industry then metros are the best choice and fyi the market is very hot now.
All I can say is you are thinking in the right direction, good luck.
Folks, there is thought that keeps coming to mind about where to go back in India when we finally plan to...
When we came in 2002 we did think that we will go back in a couple of years at the most....but it's been longer...we definately love it hear but think that should settle down in India rather for multiple reasons (mostly personal reasons)
I am from a small town in India and it is definately not a IT hub, my wife is from Mumbai and we think it is now too crowded (as always -:) or say to hectiv a life in Mumbai....
so then which is the best place to go ...Pune ? I hear that even that is very crowded and not to mention the sky rocketing real estate....
We have 2 kids...one 6 years and the younger one ...one year....
How is schooling back home ? I hear that the studies for the school there are much more difficult compared to here ? I mean can kids going from here cope up there in schools ?
I also hear that there are foreign schools....for which I might have to continue working here to pay the fees -;)
Thoughts friends ?
I am in the software industry (Business Inteligence)
Seems you are thinking a lot about your kids education (obviously), please remember, those days when only metro city students are in the top ten list of board exam results are gone, if you check the recent years results you will notice that students from small town/ rural schools are doing great.
If you don't want to give a sudden drastic change to your 6 year old then stay in the metro city for a year or two and then move to your home town if you want. OR if your intension is to work in the software industry then metros are the best choice and fyi the market is very hot now.
All I can say is you are thinking in the right direction, good luck.
Folks, there is thought that keeps coming to mind about where to go back in India when we finally plan to...
When we came in 2002 we did think that we will go back in a couple of years at the most....but it's been longer...we definately love it hear but think that should settle down in India rather for multiple reasons (mostly personal reasons)
I am from a small town in India and it is definately not a IT hub, my wife is from Mumbai and we think it is now too crowded (as always -:) or say to hectiv a life in Mumbai....
so then which is the best place to go ...Pune ? I hear that even that is very crowded and not to mention the sky rocketing real estate....
We have 2 kids...one 6 years and the younger one ...one year....
How is schooling back home ? I hear that the studies for the school there are much more difficult compared to here ? I mean can kids going from here cope up there in schools ?
I also hear that there are foreign schools....for which I might have to continue working here to pay the fees -;)
Thoughts friends ?
I am in the software industry (Business Inteligence)
2011 The ang hairstyles can make a

roseball
07-27 04:32 AM
She should be fine....Even if your wife's petition is not filed you have 180 days to submit the application after your I-485 is approved....There was a separate thread which discussed this in detail...You can seach for it....
more...
sweet_jungle
11-04 04:30 PM
Hi Khris,
Do you also have 2 PDs in same EB2 category?
I have submitted ombudsman case sheet by mail.
My lawyer also sent request through AILA liason. She asked me to wait 6 weeks before enquiring again.
NSC responded to my lawyer's request. They do have the correct older PD in their system and will be adjudicating my case according to that.
Ombudsman response was an error.
Do you also have 2 PDs in same EB2 category?
I have submitted ombudsman case sheet by mail.
My lawyer also sent request through AILA liason. She asked me to wait 6 weeks before enquiring again.
NSC responded to my lawyer's request. They do have the correct older PD in their system and will be adjudicating my case according to that.
Ombudsman response was an error.

immguser
03-27 05:01 PM
Hello,
I am in a same situation, this happened to me on wednesday. I have I-140 approved and lost job. In H1B on my 4.5 year.
With the new company hiring should i start the process all new? File new PERM right from the scratch?
Kindly advise.
Thanks,
Immuser
I am in a same situation, this happened to me on wednesday. I have I-140 approved and lost job. In H1B on my 4.5 year.
With the new company hiring should i start the process all new? File new PERM right from the scratch?
Kindly advise.
Thanks,
Immuser
more...

GotGoose?
04-10 10:52 PM
Added the treasure trove.
2010 side swept angs
cchaitu
11-06 04:19 PM
The question is: is a copy of I140 is that important to use AC21 . From the posts on IV forums I got the impression is you dont even need a copy of I140. The important thing is to apply for change of attorneys immediately after changing the job. If you get any RFE - you will get on the employment verification - then you need to show you have a job that is same/similar as the one in labor certification. If you know the job description (generally most employers attorneys share this info to make sure that you have relevant experience) then make sure your new job is same or atleast mostly similar.
In your two options you mentioned using EAD for one job and H1b for another. I read somewhere that this cannot be done (I dont have the link but I think this is from Murthy chat). Once you use EAD your satus will change to 485 waiter with EAD - seems like you can change back to H1b - but having two statuses at the same time is not possible. This is my understanding based on forum reading (not a lawyer).
Thanks Kishdam for your quick reply
In your two options you mentioned using EAD for one job and H1b for another. I read somewhere that this cannot be done (I dont have the link but I think this is from Murthy chat). Once you use EAD your satus will change to 485 waiter with EAD - seems like you can change back to H1b - but having two statuses at the same time is not possible. This is my understanding based on forum reading (not a lawyer).
Thanks Kishdam for your quick reply
more...

ski_dude12
07-13 08:08 PM
You are welcome to live your life in fear of USCIS by all means. I am not interested in being a slave like you. I hope you enjoy your slavery till it lasts.
And btw, I really give two hoots to your source. I have read your other posts and frankly this post of yours does not surprise me. I value my sleep much more.
And btw, I really give two hoots to your source. I have read your other posts and frankly this post of yours does not surprise me. I value my sleep much more.
hair Side Fringe Hairstyles

indyanguy
06-07 07:32 PM
any help?
more...
StuckInTheMuck
03-09 09:50 AM
For those of you waiting on your pending I485 following a successful EB2->EB1 upgrade, it took me a little over a month after my I140(EB1) was approved late Jan, and only 3 weeks after the upgrade request was mailed to USCIS (relevant timeline is in my signature below). I received the "Welcome to USA" notice (for me and my wife) yesterday in my mailbox. Also, there was no prior LUD change or email notification (maybe they want to hit us with the good news, after causing so much heartburn). We had one (medical) RFE last year, because we skipped medicals while rushing our I485 petition to beat July 2 ('07) deadline.
A big THANK YOU shoutout to IV leaders who do the heavy lifting day-in and day-out for others like us, and hearty wishes to those of you waiting for a looooong time to get through this stage (this is my 10th year in US, but I sort of lazed around on my H1 until the fag end, when my friends forced me to shake a butt and initiate my "GC journey" early '06).
[ps. while I hesitate to say it here, I am committing $200 to IV just so others, who like me have benefited from IV's actions (both directly, such as "July-2 reversal", "2-yr EAD", "quick answers to urgent questions" etc, as well as in other intangible ways), make a similar gesture of appreciation after getting their GC]
Cheerio,
Stuck(no longer)InTheMuck
A big THANK YOU shoutout to IV leaders who do the heavy lifting day-in and day-out for others like us, and hearty wishes to those of you waiting for a looooong time to get through this stage (this is my 10th year in US, but I sort of lazed around on my H1 until the fag end, when my friends forced me to shake a butt and initiate my "GC journey" early '06).
[ps. while I hesitate to say it here, I am committing $200 to IV just so others, who like me have benefited from IV's actions (both directly, such as "July-2 reversal", "2-yr EAD", "quick answers to urgent questions" etc, as well as in other intangible ways), make a similar gesture of appreciation after getting their GC]
Cheerio,
Stuck(no longer)InTheMuck
hot Hairstyles with Side Bangs
gc2
09-17 10:19 AM
Hi,
I am in a different predicament. 1st H term finishes 30-sep-2007. Company A sponsored my H and i have been with them ever since. They sponsored GC. I-140 approved, 485 filed on july 2nd, recd EAD card, AP approved, FP done.
Company A is losing business and is not in a position to pay for H renewal. I have offer from Company B and they are doing H transfer.
Question
1. Can i switch to EAD with Company A and keep H with Company B untill Jan 2, 2008 when i am safe to use AC 21.
2. Do i have to make sure that company A renews my H. In a dire circumstance i can buy my H renewal.
Any help is greatly appreciated as am 2 weeks away from expiring H.
Thanks
I am in a different predicament. 1st H term finishes 30-sep-2007. Company A sponsored my H and i have been with them ever since. They sponsored GC. I-140 approved, 485 filed on july 2nd, recd EAD card, AP approved, FP done.
Company A is losing business and is not in a position to pay for H renewal. I have offer from Company B and they are doing H transfer.
Question
1. Can i switch to EAD with Company A and keep H with Company B untill Jan 2, 2008 when i am safe to use AC 21.
2. Do i have to make sure that company A renews my H. In a dire circumstance i can buy my H renewal.
Any help is greatly appreciated as am 2 weeks away from expiring H.
Thanks
more...
house hairstyles for side bangs.
lkapildev
02-07 08:28 PM
YOu will get your GC. I'm positive. For me all my docs like AP, EAD etc had same status and i got the physical card and ap.
tattoo side swept angs. side swept

rameshvaid
08-16 12:26 PM
Hi,
I am currently holding L1 and B1 visa from a company A. Now some company B has applied for my H1 Visa. If I get H1b visa, does both L1 and B1 get cancelled.
Thanks.
My son was on B1 and then on H4. B1 was stamped in 2000 for 10 years. He was with me in US for 4 years and had 1 stamping of H4 in his passport after 2000. He moved to Canada in 2005 but still visits me on B1 which was issued to him before his H4 stamping and B1 was never cancelled. I am not sure about L1..
RV
I am currently holding L1 and B1 visa from a company A. Now some company B has applied for my H1 Visa. If I get H1b visa, does both L1 and B1 get cancelled.
Thanks.
My son was on B1 and then on H4. B1 was stamped in 2000 for 10 years. He was with me in US for 4 years and had 1 stamping of H4 in his passport after 2000. He moved to Canada in 2005 but still visits me on B1 which was issued to him before his H4 stamping and B1 was never cancelled. I am not sure about L1..
RV
more...
pictures side swept fringe hairstyles.
mdross2
11-26 12:39 PM
Thank you so much for your response.
So If I understand correctly I will have to staple the current I-94 (bottom part of I-797) from company C to my original I-94 in the passport i.e the I-94 I got at the time of entry (the one which has the company A info , I mean the type of visa , valid till etc.)
What abt the I-94 from company B(the one which I have the copy of) . Does it need to be stapled too while I am leaving US ? If yes, can I staple the copy ?
Thanks again for your time.
So If I understand correctly I will have to staple the current I-94 (bottom part of I-797) from company C to my original I-94 in the passport i.e the I-94 I got at the time of entry (the one which has the company A info , I mean the type of visa , valid till etc.)
What abt the I-94 from company B(the one which I have the copy of) . Does it need to be stapled too while I am leaving US ? If yes, can I staple the copy ?
Thanks again for your time.
dresses This hairstyle screams sexy,
snarla
06-29 01:59 PM
My lawyers asked me to use the OPT number on all my forms where it asked for A# number of FileNumber ... I did not have a A# number on my I140
more...
makeup Hayden Panettiere#39;s hairstyle
.jpg)
spicy_guy
04-23 02:25 PM
Good news finally?
Obama presses for immigration reform - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-dc-obama-immigration,0,6471381.story)
Obama presses for immigration reform - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-dc-obama-immigration,0,6471381.story)
girlfriend Long Hairstyle with Bangs
Desertfox
11-14 01:51 PM
Following are the answers to your questions. :)
I have a question for you too: How are you contributing to Immigrationvoice?
Dear All ,
I recently got my I-140 approved, got our(me and spouse) EAD and AP too.Now what I am wondering is that
1.Am I still on H1 status or the status now becomes EAD ?
You are on H1 unless you request your employer to update your I-9 with EAD.
2. If my H1 still holds good then should I go back to India to get my fresh H1 stamping as it will expire november next year or should I go for one year H1 extensions(as I heard from friends ) till I get the GC ?
Your H1 is not good after it expires. You have to get extension to be in H1 status. Stamping from India would be required if you travel to India with expired stamp on your passport and you choose not to use your AP to return to US.
3. Is there any stipulated time limit within which my wife has to apply for her SSN( we have not yet applied for it. )
There is no time limit.
4. My passport is going to expire on December next year. Do I need to go to India for renewal or it can be done from here itself. If it can be done from here itself then when is the earliest to start that process ?( I will be happy if u could send some links that will guide me ).
You can renew your passport in US and following are the links for Indian Consulates in USA.
Embassy of India, Washington DC http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/default.asp
Consulate General of India, Chicago, USA http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/
Consulate General of India, Houston, USA http://www.cgihouston.org/
Consulate General of India, New York, USA http://www.indiacgny.org/
Consulate General of India, San Fransisco, USA http://www.cgisf.org/
Thank you very much in advance.
Anci.
I have a question for you too: How are you contributing to Immigrationvoice?
Dear All ,
I recently got my I-140 approved, got our(me and spouse) EAD and AP too.Now what I am wondering is that
1.Am I still on H1 status or the status now becomes EAD ?
You are on H1 unless you request your employer to update your I-9 with EAD.
2. If my H1 still holds good then should I go back to India to get my fresh H1 stamping as it will expire november next year or should I go for one year H1 extensions(as I heard from friends ) till I get the GC ?
Your H1 is not good after it expires. You have to get extension to be in H1 status. Stamping from India would be required if you travel to India with expired stamp on your passport and you choose not to use your AP to return to US.
3. Is there any stipulated time limit within which my wife has to apply for her SSN( we have not yet applied for it. )
There is no time limit.
4. My passport is going to expire on December next year. Do I need to go to India for renewal or it can be done from here itself. If it can be done from here itself then when is the earliest to start that process ?( I will be happy if u could send some links that will guide me ).
You can renew your passport in US and following are the links for Indian Consulates in USA.
Embassy of India, Washington DC http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/default.asp
Consulate General of India, Chicago, USA http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/
Consulate General of India, Houston, USA http://www.cgihouston.org/
Consulate General of India, New York, USA http://www.indiacgny.org/
Consulate General of India, San Fransisco, USA http://www.cgisf.org/
Thank you very much in advance.
Anci.
hairstyles men medium long hairstyle with

rameshk75
02-12 03:36 PM
Any inputs for me??
harsh
01-05 02:14 PM
To add to what logiclife said, even if you were to apply for a change of status, make sure your friend has been in the US for more than 60 days. If you apply for a change of status to H1B within 60 days of coming here, then it will deemed by USCIS that your intention to travel to US was to find a job and that you committed a fraud when you applied for a B2 which is a tourist visa. So if you apply within 60 days then USCIS will surely reject the application. It is true for almost all visas if you happen to apply for a change of status within 60 days of arriving in US.
gotgc?
02-20 01:47 PM
I have the same issue...my original DOB is different from whats in all my offical documents....local muncipality in India had my birth certficate with original DOB...I said we dont have birth certificate at all...so, they issued me certificate of non-availability....this should be easy to get....
if you submit the original one with different DOB than whats in the passport, it will screw up the whole thing.....
if you submit the original one with different DOB than whats in the passport, it will screw up the whole thing.....
No comments:
Post a Comment