
gkarris
Nov 29, 03:50 PM
I believe you are all missing the point.
The studios want HDCP over DVI and HDMI or whatever. There are no current systems that properly use it, even if they say they do, because the licenses or permissions have not been distributed yet and they are HARDWARE objects.
HARDWARE is Apple's forte.
I suspect iTV is actually a series of devices that properly implement HDCP to suit the studios that demand seamless and enforceable content protection. As mentioned, mainly to protect the asset of a time sensitive and expensive major movie release.
There are really only two premium price revenue timeframes for movies. A few weeks after theatrical release and a few months after DVD (now online) release. They simply want to protect the "premiumness" of the price.
Apple does that in computers with methods to try to prevent installation and proper use of OSX on any computer but an Apple. It mainly works.
So I suspect we will see a "new" video iPod and iTV as a breakout box for your existing TV, and iTV enabled LCD TV's in the "media release".
Then no studio will hesitate.
Rocketman
Don't think it's neccessary. I don't think people take the video out on their ipods and record them onto DVD using DVD recorders....
The studios want HDCP over DVI and HDMI or whatever. There are no current systems that properly use it, even if they say they do, because the licenses or permissions have not been distributed yet and they are HARDWARE objects.
HARDWARE is Apple's forte.
I suspect iTV is actually a series of devices that properly implement HDCP to suit the studios that demand seamless and enforceable content protection. As mentioned, mainly to protect the asset of a time sensitive and expensive major movie release.
There are really only two premium price revenue timeframes for movies. A few weeks after theatrical release and a few months after DVD (now online) release. They simply want to protect the "premiumness" of the price.
Apple does that in computers with methods to try to prevent installation and proper use of OSX on any computer but an Apple. It mainly works.
So I suspect we will see a "new" video iPod and iTV as a breakout box for your existing TV, and iTV enabled LCD TV's in the "media release".
Then no studio will hesitate.
Rocketman
Don't think it's neccessary. I don't think people take the video out on their ipods and record them onto DVD using DVD recorders....
Jetson
Nov 1, 06:28 PM
When I recommend a song, and select other songs as references, the referenced songs no longer show up on the original song's page. The handle is listed, but not the recommended songs.
balamw
Apr 22, 06:57 AM
Highly unlikely. You might, however, be able to import it into a VM for Parallels. VMWare or Virtualbox.
B
B
batchtaster
Apr 6, 12:24 PM
Pity Isilons suck. Great for IT, bad for the end-user. They support all sorts of protocols, none of them properly.
Better tweak your kernel's delayed ack attribute or you'll be serving data at dial-up modem speeds.
Better tweak your kernel's delayed ack attribute or you'll be serving data at dial-up modem speeds.
more...

AndrewR23
Apr 29, 12:17 AM
Sorry I didn't know where else to post this, but is it true we need to buy an iPhone 4 white with a Contract?
I just talked to a ATT rep and he said they don't sell them without contract? Is that true?
Go to Apple. Pay 599/699 and you won't get a contract.
I just talked to a ATT rep and he said they don't sell them without contract? Is that true?
Go to Apple. Pay 599/699 and you won't get a contract.
McGiord
May 1, 11:48 AM
This sounds good but here is what i run in to
1. I can fit all the media on my imac ( after 3TB) for streaming via itunes and AirVideo
2. External Drives are not backed-up via time machine
I dont trust the drobo for anything but time machine after my recent close call with it.
I currently do monthly backups to sata drives that sit on a shelf when not in use this is a pain but loosing many dollars of media is worse
Are there dives bigger than 3TB to install on my imac?
Do you mean internal hard drives?
1. I can fit all the media on my imac ( after 3TB) for streaming via itunes and AirVideo
2. External Drives are not backed-up via time machine
I dont trust the drobo for anything but time machine after my recent close call with it.
I currently do monthly backups to sata drives that sit on a shelf when not in use this is a pain but loosing many dollars of media is worse
Are there dives bigger than 3TB to install on my imac?
Do you mean internal hard drives?
more...
missusm
Oct 23, 04:40 AM
According to differnet regions, I think.
Nishi100
Apr 30, 07:15 PM
Wait a minute, let me just put my music in my castle.
more...
BillyBobBongo
Dec 1, 02:37 AM
Here's me!
I saw the original somewhere on the Interwebs but it wasn't large enough for my screen so I remade it. I've attached the file.
I saw the original somewhere on the Interwebs but it wasn't large enough for my screen so I remade it. I've attached the file.
cocacolakid
Apr 26, 03:49 PM
well here is the damage.
I cant get the old paste off the gpu as its baked on hard! I've managed to clean the heatsink of the remnants though.
Will applying a layer to the the GPU be enough? Will the remaining contact area of new paste be effective or is it FUBAR?
Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) and qtips can't get more of the paste off? I've read about people using a razor blade before to scrape it off, or use acetone, or even a hair dryer. You might wait for someone with actual experience removing the old stubborn stuff to post a reply, I'm just repeating what I've read elsewhere.
I also see Artic Silver makes a 2 step cleaning kit http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100010&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-CPU+Thermal+Paste+/+Grease-_-Arctic+Silver-_-35100010
I cant get the old paste off the gpu as its baked on hard! I've managed to clean the heatsink of the remnants though.
Will applying a layer to the the GPU be enough? Will the remaining contact area of new paste be effective or is it FUBAR?
Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) and qtips can't get more of the paste off? I've read about people using a razor blade before to scrape it off, or use acetone, or even a hair dryer. You might wait for someone with actual experience removing the old stubborn stuff to post a reply, I'm just repeating what I've read elsewhere.
I also see Artic Silver makes a 2 step cleaning kit http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100010&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-CPU+Thermal+Paste+/+Grease-_-Arctic+Silver-_-35100010
more...
gkhaldi
Oct 1, 02:12 AM
Finally. I was waiting on this news since 2004 !!
Looking forward to see the new version(s)
Looking forward to see the new version(s)
Krayzie116
Apr 5, 08:23 AM
Nobody really answered my question. I hate to repost it again just trying to find an answer. I tried to call the at&t rep and they don't know what going on.
I had iPhone 3GS 32GB had it about almost a year. They let me do an early upgrade for the new iPhone 4 in June when it came out for the price of $299 with a two year agreement.
The question I have is let just say the new iPhone 5 comes out with the same price point let say June release like last year. By this new $50 thing does that mean I pay for $549 price point or can I just pay the $299 plus the two year agreement like I did last year?
Thanks guys
I had iPhone 3GS 32GB had it about almost a year. They let me do an early upgrade for the new iPhone 4 in June when it came out for the price of $299 with a two year agreement.
The question I have is let just say the new iPhone 5 comes out with the same price point let say June release like last year. By this new $50 thing does that mean I pay for $549 price point or can I just pay the $299 plus the two year agreement like I did last year?
Thanks guys
more...
KALLT
Apr 4, 11:54 AM
This is the very reason why I think that Apple's policy should be reconsidered. Why would content providers such as the Financial Times be compelled to offer their content on iOS, when Apple requires them to (additionally) use the in-app purchases by which the providers lose the advantage of using their own register and keeping the entire revenue, without having to share it with Apple. The position of the Financial Times is completely understandable, regardless of the business decisions that provider has made. I still doubt whether the true motive of Apple to enforce this measure is not consumer protection but receiving profits from the content of others.
.jpg)
Blakeasd
May 2, 08:40 PM
Today I opened up Xcode and ran my project, and I got 2 errors, here are the errors:
Duplicate interface definition for class 'CIColor'
The other error is:
'CoreImage/CIImage.h' file is not found
Any Ideas (Running Xcode 4.0)
Duplicate interface definition for class 'CIColor'
The other error is:
'CoreImage/CIImage.h' file is not found
Any Ideas (Running Xcode 4.0)
more...
PeterQVenkman
Nov 19, 05:07 PM
I don't see why Apple would care. They get paid by the retailer.
R94N
Oct 16, 06:09 AM
Nice!
more...
mattcube64
Apr 4, 09:23 PM
I currently drive a 2006 Grand Prix.
Next car I hope to buy (hopefully before the end of the year):
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219957&stc=1&d=1300980722
2011 Camaro SS/2SS/RS IOM with Orange interior, black stripe, GM black rims.
*REALISTIC* dream car. I'll hopefully own one someday.:
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/IMG_0843.JPG
2010 (or late-model when I actually get it) green Viper ACR.
*PURE FANTASY* dream car:
http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/0909/16/Lamborghini_Revent%C3%B3n_Roadster-thumb-450x337.jpg
Lamborghini Reventon Roadster.
Next car I hope to buy (hopefully before the end of the year):
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219957&stc=1&d=1300980722
2011 Camaro SS/2SS/RS IOM with Orange interior, black stripe, GM black rims.
*REALISTIC* dream car. I'll hopefully own one someday.:
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/IMG_0843.JPG
2010 (or late-model when I actually get it) green Viper ACR.
*PURE FANTASY* dream car:
http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/0909/16/Lamborghini_Revent%C3%B3n_Roadster-thumb-450x337.jpg
Lamborghini Reventon Roadster.
vincenz
Apr 16, 08:55 PM
So get the insurance for peace of mind. I'm sure you've spent more than $9 on worse things before. If you pack it well enough, technically you won't need it, but there's always the chance of loss/theft. Even that can't be prevented by good packaging.
jared1988
Apr 19, 05:10 PM
ae71/te72/ke70
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1267/dsc1112qv0.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7137/512ol6.jpg
http://noriyaro.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ke70_corolla_at_nikko_002.jpg
http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Mike%20Garrett/1JanFeatures/TAS09/classic11.jpg
http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Mike%20Garrett/1JanFeatures/TAS09/classic9.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1267/dsc1112qv0.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7137/512ol6.jpg
http://noriyaro.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ke70_corolla_at_nikko_002.jpg
http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Mike%20Garrett/1JanFeatures/TAS09/classic11.jpg
http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Mike%20Garrett/1JanFeatures/TAS09/classic9.jpg
snberk103
Jan 18, 12:10 PM
really ?
looking at _production_ cars:
Toyota Prius from 2009: drag coefficient: 0.25
Tatra 77a from 1935: 0.21
Rumpler Tropfenwagen from 1921: 0.28
the late 30ties were actually the high point in aerodynamics being the focus in automobile manufacturing: there are countless of other examples from the time which simply never made it into production because of the war:
like the BMW K1 prototype which also achieved a value of 0.23 despite being a full 4 door saloon
another interesting car: the Fiat Turbina prototype: which had a coefficient of 0.14 (a record for 30 years) but any further development shelved because of problems with the expieremental fuel gazzling overheating turbine engine ;)
Thanks! That was fun following up on some of these early cars. Some of them are just gorgeous. It is amazing and inspiring that engineers working with slide - rulers and wind tunnels (and without fancy computers) could achieve the same kind of drag coefficients on their designs that modern supercomputers can come up with.
However - I still think my point stands ("Steadiness"). While small production cars may have been aerodynamic - the industry average was not. In fact I could argue that as engine efficiencies improved, industry wide, aerodynamics got worse because the overall mileage stayed much the same (or improved slowly).
looking at _production_ cars:
Toyota Prius from 2009: drag coefficient: 0.25
Tatra 77a from 1935: 0.21
Rumpler Tropfenwagen from 1921: 0.28
the late 30ties were actually the high point in aerodynamics being the focus in automobile manufacturing: there are countless of other examples from the time which simply never made it into production because of the war:
like the BMW K1 prototype which also achieved a value of 0.23 despite being a full 4 door saloon
another interesting car: the Fiat Turbina prototype: which had a coefficient of 0.14 (a record for 30 years) but any further development shelved because of problems with the expieremental fuel gazzling overheating turbine engine ;)
Thanks! That was fun following up on some of these early cars. Some of them are just gorgeous. It is amazing and inspiring that engineers working with slide - rulers and wind tunnels (and without fancy computers) could achieve the same kind of drag coefficients on their designs that modern supercomputers can come up with.
However - I still think my point stands ("Steadiness"). While small production cars may have been aerodynamic - the industry average was not. In fact I could argue that as engine efficiencies improved, industry wide, aerodynamics got worse because the overall mileage stayed much the same (or improved slowly).
Gen
Apr 27, 10:35 PM
Why release it now? Why not wait until September?
macgeek18
Dec 24, 10:35 PM
We did Christmas today, (Christmas eve) Because I work tomorrow morning. I got a bunch of clothes and a water bottle, and a Starbucks card. And candy.
I make my Christmas by buying some stuff for myself. I bought a L desk and a new deskchair. and an Airsoft gun I got onsale at Big5. Just to shoot my siblings and there friends. You know. ;)
I make my Christmas by buying some stuff for myself. I bought a L desk and a new deskchair. and an Airsoft gun I got onsale at Big5. Just to shoot my siblings and there friends. You know. ;)
MaxBurn
Apr 18, 01:58 PM
Yeah something is wrong or backed up somewhere, neither my ipad or iphone got them this morning either.
mdlooker
Mar 27, 09:22 PM
LMAO...dogonit! I got here too late. This is great! The funniest phrase given to him thus far... "Yo Killa" lol hilarious
No comments:
Post a Comment