Gavroche62
Jan 10, 05:26 PM
Disappointed. Great for Wall Street and Steve's stock, but who's minding the computer side of the house? I think dropping the "Computer" from its name was the single most significant news of the show. What's next a new gaming console?
iPhone - revolutionary in that it raises the bar VERY high for other manufacturers...But it still smells like first generation to me. Behind the arguably flawless design, usability and performance issues are already being raised. Kudos to Steve and his enormously talented staff, but I'll pass on early adoption. But slick..oh so slick..No one is as good as SJ for coordinating such a project. Now let's see how it sells.
appleTV - mediocre offering at best. 40Gb is way too small to host any HD material. It just begs for an upgrade. Why should it be paired to a computer if it has a wireless connection to the internet? My Xbox360 already can and play HD games to boot!
- no news about MacPro (where's the eight core!)
- no news about laptops
- no update to iPod in the near future (iPhone notwithstanding of course, but what if I don't want or need the phone part?)
- Cingular exclusive deal has already alienated non-Cingular customers
- no new displays (HDCP compatibility)
- no "...and one more thing"
A significant watershed show nonetheless. I can understand the need to focus on the iPhone : there's so much to say about it and it would have surely stolen anything else's thunder. I'm just afraid the gadgets are taking over an AWESOME COMPUTER company and leaving all of us behind. Half the Genius bar at my local Apple store was replaced by an iPod Nano express line...hmm...I hope Apple knows what they're doing this time - remember the Newton!
iPhone - revolutionary in that it raises the bar VERY high for other manufacturers...But it still smells like first generation to me. Behind the arguably flawless design, usability and performance issues are already being raised. Kudos to Steve and his enormously talented staff, but I'll pass on early adoption. But slick..oh so slick..No one is as good as SJ for coordinating such a project. Now let's see how it sells.
appleTV - mediocre offering at best. 40Gb is way too small to host any HD material. It just begs for an upgrade. Why should it be paired to a computer if it has a wireless connection to the internet? My Xbox360 already can and play HD games to boot!
- no news about MacPro (where's the eight core!)
- no news about laptops
- no update to iPod in the near future (iPhone notwithstanding of course, but what if I don't want or need the phone part?)
- Cingular exclusive deal has already alienated non-Cingular customers
- no new displays (HDCP compatibility)
- no "...and one more thing"
A significant watershed show nonetheless. I can understand the need to focus on the iPhone : there's so much to say about it and it would have surely stolen anything else's thunder. I'm just afraid the gadgets are taking over an AWESOME COMPUTER company and leaving all of us behind. Half the Genius bar at my local Apple store was replaced by an iPod Nano express line...hmm...I hope Apple knows what they're doing this time - remember the Newton!
crazzyeddie
Sep 26, 08:39 PM
Its going to take alot more than a Mail update to satisfy me... but its a start.
gnasher729
Mar 21, 09:02 AM
Sorry for the rant, but I felt like I needed to vent to fellow designers. Anyone else have any horror stories?:)
Some people will walk all over you if you let them. Send an email "on the previous job I was paid for 3 hours but my total time spent was actually xxx hours. I can't afford jobs like that, so if you want another job done, you'll have to agree that time spent on phone calls will be billed as well. " And buy a stopwatch.
Your job is not to produce graphics designs. Your job is to produce billable hours.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I do have a pretty good archiving system. I have a folder untitled "freelance" and therein is a folder named after each client and then each project. The guy kind of threw me with the sudden weekend call. You're right about the phone time too. No more mister nice guy; there's no reason to cheat myself for billable meeting time when I'm already lowballing myself.:)
Add: "Weekend work, including phone calls is charged at double rate. Sunday work at triple rate. ".
Some people will walk all over you if you let them. Send an email "on the previous job I was paid for 3 hours but my total time spent was actually xxx hours. I can't afford jobs like that, so if you want another job done, you'll have to agree that time spent on phone calls will be billed as well. " And buy a stopwatch.
Your job is not to produce graphics designs. Your job is to produce billable hours.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I do have a pretty good archiving system. I have a folder untitled "freelance" and therein is a folder named after each client and then each project. The guy kind of threw me with the sudden weekend call. You're right about the phone time too. No more mister nice guy; there's no reason to cheat myself for billable meeting time when I'm already lowballing myself.:)
Add: "Weekend work, including phone calls is charged at double rate. Sunday work at triple rate. ".
Rowbear
Feb 25, 05:52 AM
Hi and welcome.
I'm kinda new myself and love it :)
I'm kinda new myself and love it :)
more...
Sirolway
Feb 4, 03:42 AM
I use Audacity; it's simple, yet powerful when you need it
Brilliant
Brilliant
Taz Mangus
Apr 21, 04:00 PM
You are missing it arn't you. When people do a graph to compare smart phone OSs they do not take the graph and account tablets, MP3 players or tvs they only count the items that are sold as phones.
I often do see apple users making comparisons to android such as "Androids have worst battery life." which is a broad comparison to it. It is also not true. The Atrix now holds the title as the longest lasting smart phone OS.
Or you have the case where people like you try to tout the Andriod OS as superior but in reality it is a disaster. I use several models of Andriod phones at work, for testing purposes, and each time I pick one up I want to throw it against the wall. I get really irritated with the cumbersome user interface plus the battery life is horrible. I end up having to leave the Andriod phone plugged in to the wall charger if I use for a few hours. We also have iPhones, and Windows 7 phones at work that we use for testing. Which do you think people perfer using at work. Let me give you a hint, it starts with an A but its second letter is not n.
I often do see apple users making comparisons to android such as "Androids have worst battery life." which is a broad comparison to it. It is also not true. The Atrix now holds the title as the longest lasting smart phone OS.
Or you have the case where people like you try to tout the Andriod OS as superior but in reality it is a disaster. I use several models of Andriod phones at work, for testing purposes, and each time I pick one up I want to throw it against the wall. I get really irritated with the cumbersome user interface plus the battery life is horrible. I end up having to leave the Andriod phone plugged in to the wall charger if I use for a few hours. We also have iPhones, and Windows 7 phones at work that we use for testing. Which do you think people perfer using at work. Let me give you a hint, it starts with an A but its second letter is not n.
more...
mdelvecchio
Mar 25, 11:12 AM
They need to improve the worthless notification system in iOS more than the maps.
never been an issue for me. id rather have better maps stuff, since i use that near daily.
never been an issue for me. id rather have better maps stuff, since i use that near daily.
Obi-Wan Kubrick
Apr 28, 10:27 AM
I waited long enough for the iPhone to come to Verizon I can wait a few more months for the iPhone 5.
more...
aswitcher
Feb 13, 05:07 AM
Congrats guys. Glad to see you in there Nermal representing the antipodes (spell?) :p
ViciousShadow21
Dec 3, 11:12 AM
for the person who was looking for the Assassins wallpaper, i found it HERE (http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/06/28/assassin-wallpaper/assasin-jpg/)
remember folks if someone doesn't post the original and they don't get back to you try TinEye (http://www.tineye.com/).
remember folks if someone doesn't post the original and they don't get back to you try TinEye (http://www.tineye.com/).
more...
NickZac
Jan 10, 04:12 PM
I am curious as to why diesel never caught on in the US despite most automakers producing diesel models.

bigjnyc
Apr 26, 08:16 AM
The thing I find funny is that about 90% of the people who were anxiously waiting for or desire the white iPhone are just going to stick it in a case anyway.
more...
JPark
Apr 7, 09:49 AM
Has anybody else noticed that with each new patch Safari gets snappier and the battery life gets worse? :D
Actually, I felt my battery did get worse with 4.3.0. I'm not sure about 4.3.1 yet, but I jailbreaked at 4.3.1 so it's not really a fair comparison for me.
Actually, I felt my battery did get worse with 4.3.0. I'm not sure about 4.3.1 yet, but I jailbreaked at 4.3.1 so it's not really a fair comparison for me.
akrocker29
Mar 6, 01:59 AM
Hi, I have unsuccessfully searched the internet for the past 3 hours trying to find a way to jailbreak my ipod in order to play NES games. Help please? I have a PC, if that makes a difference.
Also, does jailbreaking lower the battery life.
Also, does jailbreaking lower the battery life.
more...
Nickygoat
Feb 13, 12:31 PM
Congratulations to all the new mods. I'm sure you'll all do an excellent job at keeping this the best forum on the net. Don't go easy on the spammers though ;)
katie ta achoo
Sep 24, 05:35 PM
Even though you're legally an adult, you're still living at home. Mom and dad are paying for you to live there.
If they're cool with it, groovy; if they aren't, don't push it.
Wait until you're out of the house to go crazy go nuts.
If they're cool with it, groovy; if they aren't, don't push it.
Wait until you're out of the house to go crazy go nuts.
more...
Analog Kid
Jul 26, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the tips. Still, Lightscribe or Labelflash or equivalent would be a nice feature, especially in a notebook computer. If you're out and about with your notebook and you want to burn a disc, it'd be convenient to be able to just burn a few words on to the disc rather than bothering with printers, inks, labels, markers, etc.
Seems like a lot of hassle to avoid using a Sharpie...
[Edit: guess I'm not the only one thinking this way....]
Seems like a lot of hassle to avoid using a Sharpie...
[Edit: guess I'm not the only one thinking this way....]
Nameci
Apr 16, 05:26 AM
yes, i am running it both in my dual processor 1.42 G4 and Powerbook...
Burgess07
Apr 18, 04:19 PM
Sticking with the default Lion one.
281969
281969
chrono1081
May 2, 04:08 PM
I can't give blood for another few months yet since I was in some not so nice places in the world. I think a year away from such countries is the rule if memory serves me right.
srxtr
Apr 25, 01:06 AM
Apple should offer a free trade if you already have a black iPhone 4.
I promise to love :apple: if that happens
I promise to love :apple: if that happens
Pipian
Feb 18, 11:23 AM
I meant that I hadn't noticed it before 10.3.8, but I like it..
markelim
Dec 9, 05:36 AM
My very Winter desktop.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qnzdy9.jpg
link to orginal pls
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qnzdy9.jpg
link to orginal pls
DarkVinda
Oct 15, 04:06 PM
here is my bootcamp one
do u have the original for this pretty please :)
do u have the original for this pretty please :)
No comments:
Post a Comment