logiclife
08-27 12:52 PM
What if DMV refuses to renew the license if I-94/H1 is extended for 1 year (mostly in the case of H1 extension beyond 6th year) but is not stamped on your passport. This happened with me. DMV officer insisted on visa stamped on my passport and he was not ready to accept the I-797 form which I was showing. Finally, I've to go to other DMV and count on my luck to get my license renewed.
This is a as much a problem with DMV as a problem with employees. I did not 100% agreed with your comments that it's a problem with an employer. Now a days even filing 6 months prior to expiration is not guranteed to give you a timely approval.
In Florida, no matter if you have 1 yr or 3yrs I-94/Visa, they only issue you a license for 1 year. Period. Florida..anyway sucks.
Also, can someone tell me, once you get an EAD, can we use that to get the license renewal?
Yes, I agree with you. Asking for valid visa stamp is too much, the latest I-797 and latest valid I-94 should be enough to get driver's license, because latest valid I-94 proves that you are legal and that's enough. Passport stamp is not neccesary to prove legal status.
The sad part is that employers should get involved with state legislature and state regulators, DMV etc to make sure their foriegn workers have ability to get driver's license based on approved I-797. Its a mess.
This is a as much a problem with DMV as a problem with employees. I did not 100% agreed with your comments that it's a problem with an employer. Now a days even filing 6 months prior to expiration is not guranteed to give you a timely approval.
In Florida, no matter if you have 1 yr or 3yrs I-94/Visa, they only issue you a license for 1 year. Period. Florida..anyway sucks.
Also, can someone tell me, once you get an EAD, can we use that to get the license renewal?
Yes, I agree with you. Asking for valid visa stamp is too much, the latest I-797 and latest valid I-94 should be enough to get driver's license, because latest valid I-94 proves that you are legal and that's enough. Passport stamp is not neccesary to prove legal status.
The sad part is that employers should get involved with state legislature and state regulators, DMV etc to make sure their foriegn workers have ability to get driver's license based on approved I-797. Its a mess.
wallpaper taylor swift boobs
sagis99
05-22 11:38 AM
from august 29 to July 28 is moving forward?
never mind.
never mind.
masaternyc
01-15 08:07 PM
He shouldn't have returned your ciggies :D
You are also a takkie??? USCIS doesn't need any more software smart who whose fraudulent labor ???
I think US needs street smart to bring back the economy not software smart only.
You are also a takkie??? USCIS doesn't need any more software smart who whose fraudulent labor ???
I think US needs street smart to bring back the economy not software smart only.
2011 She doesn#39;t want
zephyrus
10-31 06:02 PM
Did you get any response from USCIS? Is it worth trying?
Hi
I used the provisions of AC21 and changed jobs in early 2005. FOIA requests will work for your I-140. I-140 is filed by the employer on your behalf and is therefore your paperwork.
It took approximately two and half months to come through.
HTH
- zeph
Hi
I used the provisions of AC21 and changed jobs in early 2005. FOIA requests will work for your I-140. I-140 is filed by the employer on your behalf and is therefore your paperwork.
It took approximately two and half months to come through.
HTH
- zeph
more...
oldschool
08-15 09:39 PM
People who left employer early or want to leave early will say it is ok; because it suits their needs.
People who plan on staying later or don't have any intention of leaving early will say to stay.
Bottom line is it is upto everyones own risk tolerance. I have just seen some of the biggest cowards in terms of immigration all of a sudden get so brave after they got the greencard.
If people are waiting years and playing it safe then what is the possible harm to wait a little longer and not get riled up by every small story of someone who got questioned at citizenship time, etc.
Immigration laws don't change very often; however, uscis interpretations and memos do change quite frequently. When you have to start hiring lawyers, go to court, face uncertainty then we'll see how brave people are.
Thank you for all your input. Again, I got my GC on the first week of July and my wife was applied for 485 last July 30. Whether to leave my present employer or not has become a big question as my employer has decided to transfer me to another location in less than a month's notice which showed lack of consideration to the welfare of their employees as they're not only doing this to one person but a lot others too.
My greatest concern now is if leaving my employer would have an implication on my wife's pending AOS.
Thank you for all the pieces of advice you're giving.
People who plan on staying later or don't have any intention of leaving early will say to stay.
Bottom line is it is upto everyones own risk tolerance. I have just seen some of the biggest cowards in terms of immigration all of a sudden get so brave after they got the greencard.
If people are waiting years and playing it safe then what is the possible harm to wait a little longer and not get riled up by every small story of someone who got questioned at citizenship time, etc.
Immigration laws don't change very often; however, uscis interpretations and memos do change quite frequently. When you have to start hiring lawyers, go to court, face uncertainty then we'll see how brave people are.
Thank you for all your input. Again, I got my GC on the first week of July and my wife was applied for 485 last July 30. Whether to leave my present employer or not has become a big question as my employer has decided to transfer me to another location in less than a month's notice which showed lack of consideration to the welfare of their employees as they're not only doing this to one person but a lot others too.
My greatest concern now is if leaving my employer would have an implication on my wife's pending AOS.
Thank you for all the pieces of advice you're giving.
chanduv23
11-08 11:35 AM
good point. let's start doing it then...
just my opinion..but festive occasions bind us as a community and yes that includes Eid and Christmas and the Chinese new year.
Diwali celebrates the victory of good over evil, let's hope we can all bask soon in a festival of lights by getting some relief from retrogression....
actually...and this is just me nitpicking now...Diwali is technically a Hindu festival not an Indian festival (since 20% of Indians are not Hindu), so the complaint may be more accurate if you point to the religious aspect...
Of course it is widely celebrated in India...and the UK and going by the White house greetings and the huge melas ...in the US :-)
Chinese new year is a optional holiday and is celebrated with pomp in Las Vegas in honor of the huge gambling community that visits Las vegas from China
just my opinion..but festive occasions bind us as a community and yes that includes Eid and Christmas and the Chinese new year.
Diwali celebrates the victory of good over evil, let's hope we can all bask soon in a festival of lights by getting some relief from retrogression....
actually...and this is just me nitpicking now...Diwali is technically a Hindu festival not an Indian festival (since 20% of Indians are not Hindu), so the complaint may be more accurate if you point to the religious aspect...
Of course it is widely celebrated in India...and the UK and going by the White house greetings and the huge melas ...in the US :-)
Chinese new year is a optional holiday and is celebrated with pomp in Las Vegas in honor of the huge gambling community that visits Las vegas from China
more...
psaxena
06-30 11:35 AM
But Gandhi ji actually did something when he was humiliated , unlike MOST IV MEMBERS" who just talk.. yes right TALK
Something tragic/humiliating on big scale happens to some of the ppl in EB community. Its sad, I guess even Gandhi didnt do anything until he really got humiliated in south africa.
Something tragic/humiliating on big scale happens to some of the ppl in EB community. Its sad, I guess even Gandhi didnt do anything until he really got humiliated in south africa.
2010 story. taylor. Yes, she is
snathan
03-15 11:29 PM
Don't jump without understanding my comments.
what makes you come to conclusion that i am supporting him?
we shouldnot judge others without understanding circumstances. Even if he has intentionally comitted crime, he is going to answer to God for this sooner for later.
some "shoplifters" are not theives.
I already answered you. If it�s an accident I apologies.
By the way what you call them?
what makes you come to conclusion that i am supporting him?
we shouldnot judge others without understanding circumstances. Even if he has intentionally comitted crime, he is going to answer to God for this sooner for later.
some "shoplifters" are not theives.
I already answered you. If it�s an accident I apologies.
By the way what you call them?
more...
dhirajs98
03-10 09:55 AM
paypal transaction id 0V400865HR9069808
hair Taylor Swift
chi_shark
07-26 10:04 PM
assuming you have done everything for registration of the company... you are all set... no other formalities. you may want to write bye-laws of the company if you wish to pursue vc funding or partners... other than that you should be good..
if you are a new company, very likely that you got a credit card that is backed by your personal credit... thats somethign to take care off.
After incorporating the company in one of the states. What are the next important things one as a owner of the company needs to take care of especially if it is in IT product development area ( ofcourse including consulting but not purely comparable to predominent desi consultancy services)
Specifically in the following category:
1. If you are selling IT software products and services, what are the legal necessary formalities one needs to take care of?
2. How about expanding the branches in outside USA? May be a branch office in India to leverage huge technical resources? Any legal or other things to be taken care of ?
3. Bank Accounts next steps
4. Credits Credit Cards. What are the precautions one needs to take care of?
Any other thoughts....
if you are a new company, very likely that you got a credit card that is backed by your personal credit... thats somethign to take care off.
After incorporating the company in one of the states. What are the next important things one as a owner of the company needs to take care of especially if it is in IT product development area ( ofcourse including consulting but not purely comparable to predominent desi consultancy services)
Specifically in the following category:
1. If you are selling IT software products and services, what are the legal necessary formalities one needs to take care of?
2. How about expanding the branches in outside USA? May be a branch office in India to leverage huge technical resources? Any legal or other things to be taken care of ?
3. Bank Accounts next steps
4. Credits Credit Cards. What are the precautions one needs to take care of?
Any other thoughts....
more...
razis123
09-05 04:09 PM
My AP says i can enter prior to Sept 14 so can i enter on Sep 13th or is this considered risky. I know if i miss any flight or flight gets delayed, I am doomed.
hot Taylor Swift finds love
BharatPremi
09-20 06:04 PM
LOA...means I am still employed without benefits ...at my old company.
what you said makes sense..this is how I am looking at it
-join new company
-donot send in ac 21 paperwork
-if i have rfe send in paperwork from present employer which will only be a generic letter----(i don't know how much detail uscis likes)
-the reason i want to do LOA is that this way i will be sure they will not revoke i -140
-what do the gurus feel ?
BTW--gave u green --thanks for the reply
In my opinion if you choose to use EAD, I think you will be very much fine with this route but with H1 transfer it will be tricky. You may have to go through 2 H1 transfer to come up clean legally. First H1 transfer to new employer and second H1 transfer to old employer again As you did not work for old employer for one yerar and hence no pay stubs and hence technically H1 dies there and so if old employer is willing "to hire again after one year" your old employer should file new h1 transfer and then you can come clean.
And during all this juggling make 2 things sure.
- You do not get promotion
- You do not get more than reasonable (10-20%) increment in the salary (The slary which was mentioned in your labor application)
Again before juggling consult the lawyer first.
what you said makes sense..this is how I am looking at it
-join new company
-donot send in ac 21 paperwork
-if i have rfe send in paperwork from present employer which will only be a generic letter----(i don't know how much detail uscis likes)
-the reason i want to do LOA is that this way i will be sure they will not revoke i -140
-what do the gurus feel ?
BTW--gave u green --thanks for the reply
In my opinion if you choose to use EAD, I think you will be very much fine with this route but with H1 transfer it will be tricky. You may have to go through 2 H1 transfer to come up clean legally. First H1 transfer to new employer and second H1 transfer to old employer again As you did not work for old employer for one yerar and hence no pay stubs and hence technically H1 dies there and so if old employer is willing "to hire again after one year" your old employer should file new h1 transfer and then you can come clean.
And during all this juggling make 2 things sure.
- You do not get promotion
- You do not get more than reasonable (10-20%) increment in the salary (The slary which was mentioned in your labor application)
Again before juggling consult the lawyer first.
more...
house To say Taylor Swift had a
Winner
03-27 11:37 AM
How about we will bet for/against predictions and let all the proceedings go to IV???
IMO... MOST (Yes, I meant MOST not ALL) of the folks who play prediction game are freeloaders. Once money is involved they will disappear.
IMO... MOST (Yes, I meant MOST not ALL) of the folks who play prediction game are freeloaders. Once money is involved they will disappear.
tattoo CMA Awards 2009: Taylor Swift
Madhuri
09-15 12:02 PM
I agree with Mihir. It is your life and you have to be always plan for the worst case scenarios, especially when we (legal immigrants) do not have any god father.
First and foremost, if you lose a job, it doesn't matter what your immigration status, life is going to become difficult for you and your dependents.
I lost my job in the 7th year of H1 but since I had well researched and planned for that scenerio before entering into the 7th year, I am still here in a new job with an anticipated 3 year extension from 2007-2010.
If a lobor from your previous job has been pending for more than 365 days, you are able to port the benefit of the 7+ year extensions to the new job. This will let you survive the 7th year job loss.
...
First and foremost, if you lose a job, it doesn't matter what your immigration status, life is going to become difficult for you and your dependents.
I lost my job in the 7th year of H1 but since I had well researched and planned for that scenerio before entering into the 7th year, I am still here in a new job with an anticipated 3 year extension from 2007-2010.
If a lobor from your previous job has been pending for more than 365 days, you are able to port the benefit of the 7+ year extensions to the new job. This will let you survive the 7th year job loss.
...
more...
pictures Star Gazing: Taylor Swift
belmontboy
04-21 02:29 PM
I heard famous indian crab stroy....are you that crab.
Please be positive. Please support our request.
US is a great country. Always value human values more than any other country.
I love US. That is why i am here.
Whoa, the same old crab story is back.
You sound like someone who knows the proceedings here very well.
New members wouldnot know the crab story
Did you create a new ID for having fun??
Please be positive. Please support our request.
US is a great country. Always value human values more than any other country.
I love US. That is why i am here.
Whoa, the same old crab story is back.
You sound like someone who knows the proceedings here very well.
New members wouldnot know the crab story
Did you create a new ID for having fun??
dresses Taylor Swoft Donates
gc__aspirant
01-21 01:18 AM
I just registered myself to immigrationvoice.com website and contributed $50. And i'll contribute later, if required.
Great job guys. I may not be able to volunteer, Sorry !!!
I really appreciate volunteer's efforts who are spending their personal time and money for the common cause. I hope something positive should come out of it.
Goog luck to all of us !!!
Great job guys. I may not be able to volunteer, Sorry !!!
I really appreciate volunteer's efforts who are spending their personal time and money for the common cause. I hope something positive should come out of it.
Goog luck to all of us !!!
more...
makeup Taylor Swift
redcard
08-16 12:20 PM
Can we get the copy of I-140 Approval Notice under the Freedom Of Independence Act (FOIA)? If so, please advise the way to do it.
My Details are:
EB2-India-PD-Dec2005-Perm-I 140 Approved in May2006
Thanks in advance for the help.
Its Freedom of Information Act.. and yes you can refer to this link..
http://www.usdoj.gov/04foia/
My Details are:
EB2-India-PD-Dec2005-Perm-I 140 Approved in May2006
Thanks in advance for the help.
Its Freedom of Information Act.. and yes you can refer to this link..
http://www.usdoj.gov/04foia/
girlfriend She
for_gc
06-23 04:16 PM
I filed my I485/EAD/AP on August 7, 2007. Does this mean that I do not have to pay any fee for EAD renewal now ?
The instructions say this -
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
The instructions say this -
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
hairstyles Taylor Swift
satishbsk
11-01 07:13 PM
Looks like there is no national policy in DMV license renewal.
StarSun
05-27 04:43 PM
Few members have spoken to me about participating in the advocacy days, however, you may have not signed the registration form. Please do so. This will allow us to tie you in with your representative when we confirm our appointments. The form is available on the first post in this thread.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1437978-iv-announcement-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-7th-and-8th-june.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1437978-iv-announcement-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-7th-and-8th-june.html
belmontboy
02-15 12:11 PM
Some American citizens/anti-immigrant will tell you you are taking their jobs with your H1.
For them, this is their country. All jobs should go to them rather than a foreigner like you.
What is your response for that ?
Much of the fuel for anti-immigrant community against H1B's have been hiring low wage worker over qualified American in the same area.
That's what is under the scanner. Once the abuses are addressed, anti-immigrants would run out of fuel.
Also a side effect of these could be Desi consultant employees getting better salary.
For them, this is their country. All jobs should go to them rather than a foreigner like you.
What is your response for that ?
Much of the fuel for anti-immigrant community against H1B's have been hiring low wage worker over qualified American in the same area.
That's what is under the scanner. Once the abuses are addressed, anti-immigrants would run out of fuel.
Also a side effect of these could be Desi consultant employees getting better salary.
No comments:
Post a Comment