gc28262
04-23 01:45 PM
My I-140 is still pending at NSC.
I am planning to change my apartment. Same city, different zipcode, better deal!
Please advise when is AR-11 to be filed, is it based on lease start date or actual move date? :confused:
Here is my question:
In order to avail the deal, I need to "move-in" by 05.05.2009. So my lease at the new place will start on 05.05.2009.
Due some reasons, I cannot physically into the apartment till 05.16.2009. I will still be in my old apartment until then.
So when do I need to file an AR-11 form, by 05.15.2009 (10 days after my lease starts) OR 05.26.2009 (10 days after which I am physically in the new apartment)?
IMO you need to fill AR11 only once you vacate your old apartment. If you want file AR11 earlier, you can do it. Since you own(rent) both apartments till 05.16.2009 you can retain your old address till 05.16.2009 and file AR11 before 05.26.2009.
After filing AR11, call USCIS customer service to verify the address change. (Don't misuse infopass for such basic stuff).
I am planning to change my apartment. Same city, different zipcode, better deal!
Please advise when is AR-11 to be filed, is it based on lease start date or actual move date? :confused:
Here is my question:
In order to avail the deal, I need to "move-in" by 05.05.2009. So my lease at the new place will start on 05.05.2009.
Due some reasons, I cannot physically into the apartment till 05.16.2009. I will still be in my old apartment until then.
So when do I need to file an AR-11 form, by 05.15.2009 (10 days after my lease starts) OR 05.26.2009 (10 days after which I am physically in the new apartment)?
IMO you need to fill AR11 only once you vacate your old apartment. If you want file AR11 earlier, you can do it. Since you own(rent) both apartments till 05.16.2009 you can retain your old address till 05.16.2009 and file AR11 before 05.26.2009.
After filing AR11, call USCIS customer service to verify the address change. (Don't misuse infopass for such basic stuff).
samcam
05-24 10:04 AM
We currently have 104 guests.. total membership is 3992.. I think today is the day we are going to cross 4000 mark... Guests, if you have not registered, please do so...
nifedge
04-23 05:52 PM
I hope I were close to the border too :)
pd_recapturing
06-20 06:14 PM
I have a 9 digit number (xxx xxx xxx) with prefix 'A' on my approved I-140 notice (Nov 2006) just above my beneficiary name.
I was confused about this number, so I called USCIS today and found that the number on my I-140 petition is the Alien number.
USCIS representative clearly stated that 'A' number, File number and Alien registration number are one and the same; also this number can be 7 to 9 digits with prefix 'A'.
So if you have �A� number on the I-140 approved notice please provide the same appropriately. However, not all I-140 petitions will have 'A' number.
One other thing, Please do NOT say 'N/A' instead say 'NONE' if 'A' number is unknown at this present time.
Thanks
Raj
Thanks for clearing this up.
Did USCIS representative provide you any reason as to why all the I 140 approvals dont have A# ?
I was confused about this number, so I called USCIS today and found that the number on my I-140 petition is the Alien number.
USCIS representative clearly stated that 'A' number, File number and Alien registration number are one and the same; also this number can be 7 to 9 digits with prefix 'A'.
So if you have �A� number on the I-140 approved notice please provide the same appropriately. However, not all I-140 petitions will have 'A' number.
One other thing, Please do NOT say 'N/A' instead say 'NONE' if 'A' number is unknown at this present time.
Thanks
Raj
Thanks for clearing this up.
Did USCIS representative provide you any reason as to why all the I 140 approvals dont have A# ?
more...
gc_kaavaali
03-12 03:40 PM
First off all on what basis you can say there are no jobs for H1B's.
If anybody who already done/experienced any of above cases, please advise on all above quetions with all options/possibilities. Your great experience helps lot of people like me. Please advise.
Thanks.
If anybody who already done/experienced any of above cases, please advise on all above quetions with all options/possibilities. Your great experience helps lot of people like me. Please advise.
Thanks.
txh1b
04-15 10:40 AM
I think Air India is the best for elderly people.
I second that. The food is certainly tolerable than the European carriers and the familiar desi faces help the elderly not to hesitate and ask for anything they need.
I second that. The food is certainly tolerable than the European carriers and the familiar desi faces help the elderly not to hesitate and ask for anything they need.
more...
krupa
07-09 12:29 PM
DOS issued one more bulletine today on 9th July 2007 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
days_go_by
08-04 07:20 AM
from immigration-law.com
08/04/2006: Elimination of Backlog Labor Certification Applications: Feasible in 14 Months?
* The DOL authorities confirmed in San Antonio in June that the data entries were about to be completed by the end of June and mailing out of all the 45-day letters might also be completed by middle or within July 2006. The authorities also confirmed that traditional regular labor certification applicants would start receiving the recruitment instructions with their prevailing wage determination to accelerate the recruitment process beginning from later part of July 2006.
* For a while, the employers received en masse the 45-day letters in the mail, but lately it has slowed down for unknown reasons. Sources indicate that the initial schedule has been somewhat pushed off. However, the DOL website still promises that they will eliminate all the backlog cases in 14 months. The period of 14 months may be a long time for the immigrants but a short time for the agency to eliminate tons of complicated labor certification applications. This is particularly true in that as the elimination program approaches the end of the rope, the morale of the temporary workers that manage, operate, and process applications is expected to drop substantially.
* The late slow-down of the pace of processing of the backlog applications raises a misgiving that unless the agency works out a special procedure or device, they may not be able to reach the goal.. There are still tons of traditional applications that await a time-consuming supervised recruitment process and adjudication including audits. The c6nsumers want to see some speed-up action before we approach the year-end holiday season and work slow-downs.
08/04/2006: Elimination of Backlog Labor Certification Applications: Feasible in 14 Months?
* The DOL authorities confirmed in San Antonio in June that the data entries were about to be completed by the end of June and mailing out of all the 45-day letters might also be completed by middle or within July 2006. The authorities also confirmed that traditional regular labor certification applicants would start receiving the recruitment instructions with their prevailing wage determination to accelerate the recruitment process beginning from later part of July 2006.
* For a while, the employers received en masse the 45-day letters in the mail, but lately it has slowed down for unknown reasons. Sources indicate that the initial schedule has been somewhat pushed off. However, the DOL website still promises that they will eliminate all the backlog cases in 14 months. The period of 14 months may be a long time for the immigrants but a short time for the agency to eliminate tons of complicated labor certification applications. This is particularly true in that as the elimination program approaches the end of the rope, the morale of the temporary workers that manage, operate, and process applications is expected to drop substantially.
* The late slow-down of the pace of processing of the backlog applications raises a misgiving that unless the agency works out a special procedure or device, they may not be able to reach the goal.. There are still tons of traditional applications that await a time-consuming supervised recruitment process and adjudication including audits. The c6nsumers want to see some speed-up action before we approach the year-end holiday season and work slow-downs.
more...
jsb
04-17 09:30 AM
Here is what I understand, but make sure you seek professional opinion before making any move.
He can simply submit another I-485 as the derivative of your application. Of course that can only happen when your PD becomes current. He does not have to withdraw his own application. If he gets GC as your derivative, his other I-485 will automatically become invalid.
Sending a new 485 as derivative means new fee too. RFE suggests that case is active in some way. Therefore, there is no harm in sending a second letter about the relationship, including marriage certificates etc, with A# and Receipt # references of both (these are the only two references in their system, PD's are only on paper). Best..
He can simply submit another I-485 as the derivative of your application. Of course that can only happen when your PD becomes current. He does not have to withdraw his own application. If he gets GC as your derivative, his other I-485 will automatically become invalid.
Sending a new 485 as derivative means new fee too. RFE suggests that case is active in some way. Therefore, there is no harm in sending a second letter about the relationship, including marriage certificates etc, with A# and Receipt # references of both (these are the only two references in their system, PD's are only on paper). Best..
Winner
04-26 08:20 AM
Troll Alert?
more...
pointlesswait
09-17 10:19 AM
The answer to ur fulltime on H1 is NO...even a leave of absense wont help..as you are not a citizen..and every non citizen has to be on F1 if in FT program.....
Will you still get paid when u are a full time student..if no..then ur employment visa is invalid without paystubs...dont u agreee..;-)
if you want to be on H1..u are better off pursuing a PT program!..if ur GC comes thru..switch to FT...
been there...done that!
Hi All,
I am on H1 (beginning of my second 3 yr term on H1), EB2labor pending ( two US MS degrees in engineering) & I would like to apply for a full time MBA to NYU .
I would like to know if this is possible while being on H1. I know i can apply for a part time program.. but I would like to pursue a full time MBA or would I have to convert to a F1 ?..
How about pursuing a full time MBA with EAD ( 485 PENDING)
I would like to plan for a future scenario, as I would definitely want to pursue a MBA. Can you guys shed some light on this topic ?
Will you still get paid when u are a full time student..if no..then ur employment visa is invalid without paystubs...dont u agreee..;-)
if you want to be on H1..u are better off pursuing a PT program!..if ur GC comes thru..switch to FT...
been there...done that!
Hi All,
I am on H1 (beginning of my second 3 yr term on H1), EB2labor pending ( two US MS degrees in engineering) & I would like to apply for a full time MBA to NYU .
I would like to know if this is possible while being on H1. I know i can apply for a part time program.. but I would like to pursue a full time MBA or would I have to convert to a F1 ?..
How about pursuing a full time MBA with EAD ( 485 PENDING)
I would like to plan for a future scenario, as I would definitely want to pursue a MBA. Can you guys shed some light on this topic ?
GCNirvana007
04-01 01:44 PM
Gurus,
my and my wife received a denial letter from USCIS regarding our I-485 applications. My I-140 was approved on November 08'.
the weird thing is that I did not get an RFE of any kind... so, we decided to submit an MTR because:
1. the grounds for denial are wrong: no RFE on Medical and my case falls under visa gate - USCIS publication of July 23, 2007 states that USCIS will submitt an RFE on this matter.
2. denial over birth certificate??? anyway, it was submitted originally and USCIS just lost it in the process anyway no RFE on that either.
3. taken literally from the letter of denial "EVIDENCE OF EVIDENCE OF ELIGIBILITY MAINTANCE " I believe that is my I-94 -which we had submitted and the visa bulletin on june 2007 giving me the green light for I-140 and I-485.
so, we submitted an MTR based on this documents and I got the receipt date as March 17.
any thoughts and comments will be apreciated.
thanks,
Did you file con-current
my and my wife received a denial letter from USCIS regarding our I-485 applications. My I-140 was approved on November 08'.
the weird thing is that I did not get an RFE of any kind... so, we decided to submit an MTR because:
1. the grounds for denial are wrong: no RFE on Medical and my case falls under visa gate - USCIS publication of July 23, 2007 states that USCIS will submitt an RFE on this matter.
2. denial over birth certificate??? anyway, it was submitted originally and USCIS just lost it in the process anyway no RFE on that either.
3. taken literally from the letter of denial "EVIDENCE OF EVIDENCE OF ELIGIBILITY MAINTANCE " I believe that is my I-94 -which we had submitted and the visa bulletin on june 2007 giving me the green light for I-140 and I-485.
so, we submitted an MTR based on this documents and I got the receipt date as March 17.
any thoughts and comments will be apreciated.
thanks,
Did you file con-current
more...

apt29
08-17 02:59 PM
Thanks Kondur_007,
I thought the same about the officer . Now , am in the second category..Have an H1 but my i94 is on H4 stamping ..I hold an Indian passport , do you know if i should get the H1 stamping (first time stamping) in India or can i conveniently get it done in Canada?
Once get a job offer, or intended join date:
You need to do a Change of Status from h4 to h1 with USCIS again. Your Lawyer should have more details about it. At that time you get a H1 papers with I94 attached and extended. You can get a ssn, once the H1 becomes active. Cannot get SSN for future effective date H1.
I thought the same about the officer . Now , am in the second category..Have an H1 but my i94 is on H4 stamping ..I hold an Indian passport , do you know if i should get the H1 stamping (first time stamping) in India or can i conveniently get it done in Canada?
Once get a job offer, or intended join date:
You need to do a Change of Status from h4 to h1 with USCIS again. Your Lawyer should have more details about it. At that time you get a H1 papers with I94 attached and extended. You can get a ssn, once the H1 becomes active. Cannot get SSN for future effective date H1.
3ZS
May 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hi -
Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.
Ill give sigma a call in the am.
I tried nikon but they told me straight up they dont support 3rd party lens'
Sometimes Sigma lenses can have issues with different cameras because Nikon makes subtle changes to the way the camera talks to the lenses - changes that work fine with Nikon lenses but on occasion cause havok with third party lenses. If you contact Sigma, they should be able to tell you if an incompatibility between the lens and camera is indeed what is happening, and if so, they should be able to upgrade the processor in the lens (I'm not sure, but they may even do this at no cost).
If you compare the Nikon 18-50mm with the Sigma 18-50mm (your Sigma is the f/2.8 model, right?), then I'm guessing that the Sigma will be better. Compared with the more expensive Nikon 18-70mm zoom that is sold as a kit with the D70s, they're probably about the same (bear in mind that I don't really know, since I've only used the Nikon 18-70 personally). I don't abuse my lenses, so what the lens mount is made of matters relatively little. In many cases a metal lens mount may be a sign of better quality in other areas including image quality, so the dealer wasn't entirely full of it, but I would be wary if someone tried to sell me something other than what I wanted for that reason alone.
Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.
Ill give sigma a call in the am.
I tried nikon but they told me straight up they dont support 3rd party lens'
Sometimes Sigma lenses can have issues with different cameras because Nikon makes subtle changes to the way the camera talks to the lenses - changes that work fine with Nikon lenses but on occasion cause havok with third party lenses. If you contact Sigma, they should be able to tell you if an incompatibility between the lens and camera is indeed what is happening, and if so, they should be able to upgrade the processor in the lens (I'm not sure, but they may even do this at no cost).
If you compare the Nikon 18-50mm with the Sigma 18-50mm (your Sigma is the f/2.8 model, right?), then I'm guessing that the Sigma will be better. Compared with the more expensive Nikon 18-70mm zoom that is sold as a kit with the D70s, they're probably about the same (bear in mind that I don't really know, since I've only used the Nikon 18-70 personally). I don't abuse my lenses, so what the lens mount is made of matters relatively little. In many cases a metal lens mount may be a sign of better quality in other areas including image quality, so the dealer wasn't entirely full of it, but I would be wary if someone tried to sell me something other than what I wanted for that reason alone.
more...
redcard
01-19 01:08 PM
Here is my understanding:
Situation 1-
1. Get New Visa Stamped:
If you get a new visa stamped, you will be entering on the new visa. The consular will cancel your old visa at the time of issue of new visa. My understanding is that you can have only one valid visa of the same type stamped at one time. The visa stamp does not have an effective date and it only has expiry date. Again this could have changed with all the changes in the last year or so,, but in the past they would cancel the old visa generally with the wordings �CWOP� across the old stamp at the time of new visa issue. If that�s the case you will enter on your new visa which will have the extended expiry date.
Situation 2
2. No New Visa Stamped and entering on the old visa
I am not sure how this works; because the new H1-B extension you just got has the same I-94 Number printed on the approval card (on the bottom left side) as the paper I-94 you have stapled on your Passport. Once you leave you will surrender your I-94 that�s on your passport and get a new I-94 when you enter which would have a new I-94 number which will now be different from your I-94 on the H1 B extension. I believe this I-94 will take precedence over the I-94 that you have on your H1-B approval since that will now show in the USCIS records as surrendered. Again this is my understanding but an attorney can give you a better advise on this..
Hope this helps..
Situation 1-
1. Get New Visa Stamped:
If you get a new visa stamped, you will be entering on the new visa. The consular will cancel your old visa at the time of issue of new visa. My understanding is that you can have only one valid visa of the same type stamped at one time. The visa stamp does not have an effective date and it only has expiry date. Again this could have changed with all the changes in the last year or so,, but in the past they would cancel the old visa generally with the wordings �CWOP� across the old stamp at the time of new visa issue. If that�s the case you will enter on your new visa which will have the extended expiry date.
Situation 2
2. No New Visa Stamped and entering on the old visa
I am not sure how this works; because the new H1-B extension you just got has the same I-94 Number printed on the approval card (on the bottom left side) as the paper I-94 you have stapled on your Passport. Once you leave you will surrender your I-94 that�s on your passport and get a new I-94 when you enter which would have a new I-94 number which will now be different from your I-94 on the H1 B extension. I believe this I-94 will take precedence over the I-94 that you have on your H1-B approval since that will now show in the USCIS records as surrendered. Again this is my understanding but an attorney can give you a better advise on this..
Hope this helps..
sanjay
09-08 05:54 PM
@ArkBird,
NO, Its not a substitute labor. Its mine on my name cleared from Dallas Backlog center.
@Dealsnet,
How much time do you think it will take for NBC to schedule an interview ?
@Sanjay
Did you used substitute labor for filing I-140? I have heard about instances where people who used substitute are called for an interview even after the final I-485 approval
NO, Its not a substitute labor. Its mine on my name cleared from Dallas Backlog center.
@Dealsnet,
How much time do you think it will take for NBC to schedule an interview ?
@Sanjay
Did you used substitute labor for filing I-140? I have heard about instances where people who used substitute are called for an interview even after the final I-485 approval
more...
mdmd10
08-31 10:48 AM
I don't understand why are you raising this issue in a forum specifically designed to address immigration issues.
If you need to find a good desi consulting company then you would have to do your own research. After all what would you expect from the members...company A is good and company B is bad!
You are not going to get a definite answer from this forum! Also, please understand that there are many members here that may not work for desi consulting companies or are desis for that matter. Do your own research and find a company that works for you without soliciting opinions from a forum not designed for such responses!
My humble 2 cents!
If you need to find a good desi consulting company then you would have to do your own research. After all what would you expect from the members...company A is good and company B is bad!
You are not going to get a definite answer from this forum! Also, please understand that there are many members here that may not work for desi consulting companies or are desis for that matter. Do your own research and find a company that works for you without soliciting opinions from a forum not designed for such responses!
My humble 2 cents!
njdude26
07-03 09:52 AM
Can a Canadian Citizen work in the USA without a visa ? How easy is that ?
If you are going to stay 2 yrs in Canada, you might as well spend 1 more yr and become a Canadian citizen.
I actually have a similar question. I am in the exact same situation. The question is that in this case if you have an H1 stamped in your passport, is it ok to travel to US on that H1 ? or would you need a B2 tourist visa to travel ?
I am asking since technically you are employed by same employer but you are getting paid by Candian payroll not US Payroll.
If you are going to stay 2 yrs in Canada, you might as well spend 1 more yr and become a Canadian citizen.
I actually have a similar question. I am in the exact same situation. The question is that in this case if you have an H1 stamped in your passport, is it ok to travel to US on that H1 ? or would you need a B2 tourist visa to travel ?
I am asking since technically you are employed by same employer but you are getting paid by Candian payroll not US Payroll.
alterego
03-16 10:43 AM
I am not sure why folks make such a big deal about this. Just because one or two people had a nasty experience with an officer does not mean traveling on a valid AP document is a significant risk. For that matter if you try to reenter on H1b you could have problems. I have reentered the US on about 10-12 occasions over the years. On J1, On H1, On AP. Funny enough my worst experience was on H1b (that too just a mean officer demanding my petition documents..........not sure what he meant to this day) anyway.
So the moral of the story is that travel out of the USA always involves a small element of risk, but that should not deter one from living their life.
As for the people who move on and work for another employer using A21, here too you are within the law, and if you are worried about it you can keep a copy of AC21 or a letter from your lawyer and your current employer along with your paystubs and your approved labor/140/filed 485 with you. Of course, you never present all that to the officer unless asked. And be polite and courteous, remember it is a privilege to enter this country, once we are citizens it will become our right.
Interestingly, one time when I mentioned that I reside in Michigan, the officer corrected me to say I was staying there and could use reside once my 485 was approved. To me it was semantics, but hey..........
Life is too short for stressing over things like this. You were granted AP for a reason.............to travel, unless something untoward happens with your 485 during this time(unlikely) not much is likely to go wrong at entry.
Happy travels folks, quit worrying so much and live your lives.
So the moral of the story is that travel out of the USA always involves a small element of risk, but that should not deter one from living their life.
As for the people who move on and work for another employer using A21, here too you are within the law, and if you are worried about it you can keep a copy of AC21 or a letter from your lawyer and your current employer along with your paystubs and your approved labor/140/filed 485 with you. Of course, you never present all that to the officer unless asked. And be polite and courteous, remember it is a privilege to enter this country, once we are citizens it will become our right.
Interestingly, one time when I mentioned that I reside in Michigan, the officer corrected me to say I was staying there and could use reside once my 485 was approved. To me it was semantics, but hey..........
Life is too short for stressing over things like this. You were granted AP for a reason.............to travel, unless something untoward happens with your 485 during this time(unlikely) not much is likely to go wrong at entry.
Happy travels folks, quit worrying so much and live your lives.
evildead
01-18 02:54 PM
do you know the reason for the i140 denial? That could be very critical....its just not about what your title is ..and what you do ..its about the whole 9 yards...let us know the reason for denial
psam
07-22 01:25 AM
Hi,
I applied I-140/485 last July. In November, 2007 I left the previous employer, i.e. before 180 days. In April, 2008, my I-140 is approved, i.e. after 180 days. I have worked for them for 4.5 years.
Thanks!
In case you decide to re-start your GC with another employer, use the approved I-140 to retain your original priority date.
I applied I-140/485 last July. In November, 2007 I left the previous employer, i.e. before 180 days. In April, 2008, my I-140 is approved, i.e. after 180 days. I have worked for them for 4.5 years.
Thanks!
In case you decide to re-start your GC with another employer, use the approved I-140 to retain your original priority date.
No comments:
Post a Comment