
apahilaj
07-22 07:06 PM
Hello All,
I've been reading a lot on these forums about guys asking where to send 485 applications to. While my I-140 got approved from Texas center (originally filed at Nebraska center) , my lawyer still sent my 485 application to Nebraska center. I think, he has made a correct decision since, 485 form mentions that all employment based applications should be sent to Nebraska center. Please correct me If I am mistaken.
Secondly, the application fee can be in the form of personal check made payable to USCIS or Department of Homeland security. I've made checks payable to USCIS - does any one know if the check has to say "USCIS" or should it say "United States Citizenship and Immigration Services"? I would think just "USCIS" would suffice.
Any light shed on these two points would be greatly appreciated...
I've been reading a lot on these forums about guys asking where to send 485 applications to. While my I-140 got approved from Texas center (originally filed at Nebraska center) , my lawyer still sent my 485 application to Nebraska center. I think, he has made a correct decision since, 485 form mentions that all employment based applications should be sent to Nebraska center. Please correct me If I am mistaken.
Secondly, the application fee can be in the form of personal check made payable to USCIS or Department of Homeland security. I've made checks payable to USCIS - does any one know if the check has to say "USCIS" or should it say "United States Citizenship and Immigration Services"? I would think just "USCIS" would suffice.
Any light shed on these two points would be greatly appreciated...
wallpaper cool hairstyles for teen guys.
santa123
08-05 08:26 PM
Anti-Immigrants are spreading their message on prime time TV.
I was watching CNN and all of a sudden there was this ad by http://www.american***ker.org( I dont want to advt for them):mad:
May be this msg is old, but I saw this for the first time today and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
What was sad about the whole thing was that the message was so misleading that even the average Joe out there would blindly believe this msg. The antis clearly hid the facts and rode heavily on the unemployment wagon, eventually blaming foreign workers for all their misery.
Oh God save legal immigrants!!!
I was watching CNN and all of a sudden there was this ad by http://www.american***ker.org( I dont want to advt for them):mad:
May be this msg is old, but I saw this for the first time today and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
What was sad about the whole thing was that the message was so misleading that even the average Joe out there would blindly believe this msg. The antis clearly hid the facts and rode heavily on the unemployment wagon, eventually blaming foreign workers for all their misery.
Oh God save legal immigrants!!!

Blog Feeds
09-10 07:50 PM
The GOOD: (1) H-1B visa numbers are still available! USCIS recently advised that, as of September 3, 2010, approximately 36,600 H-1B cap-subject petitions were receipted. Additionally, USCIS has reported receipting 13,400 H-1B petitions for aliens with advanced degrees. Therefore, more than 35,000 new H-1B visas are still available for fiscal year 2011 (which ends September 30, 2011). Given the current usage and demand, it is anticipated that the H-1B cap will be reached sometime in the first quarter of 2011 (with no new visa numbers available until October 1, 2011). (2) China Reciprocity schedule amendment! Effective July 9, 2010, the...
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/h1bvisablog/2010/09/h-1bnews.html)
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/h1bvisablog/2010/09/h-1bnews.html)
2011 Scene Hairstyles for Guys
BZEANBOWY
05-04 09:03 AM
I have a approved I-360 (Batter Spouse Petition) and a pending I-485. However I got a letter in the mail stating the will revoke my 1-360 based on Section 204(a)(1) of the Immigration and nationality Act! It further states that I am not a person of Good Moral Character.
I was arrested in Belize my home country on November 19 2002 for Harm.Which would be Assault, and charged $100.00 and released.
This was not include in my initial application becausse it was outside the 3year period since my application was in 2007.
So I got the court documents and I am ready to submit it! but I am not sure if I shoudl seek legal advise or just submit the required document that they want!
They are asking for:
1.) Arrest Report.
2.)Copies of Cout documnet showing final disposition.
3.) relevan excerpts of the law for that jurisdiction showing Maximum possible penalty for each charge.
Please advise! is this something I should be feareful of?
I was arrested in Belize my home country on November 19 2002 for Harm.Which would be Assault, and charged $100.00 and released.
This was not include in my initial application becausse it was outside the 3year period since my application was in 2007.
So I got the court documents and I am ready to submit it! but I am not sure if I shoudl seek legal advise or just submit the required document that they want!
They are asking for:
1.) Arrest Report.
2.)Copies of Cout documnet showing final disposition.
3.) relevan excerpts of the law for that jurisdiction showing Maximum possible penalty for each charge.
Please advise! is this something I should be feareful of?
more...

BABU79
09-28 05:57 PM
I have an Indian passport and currently working in USA on L1B visa. Before leaving India I initiated the process of getting permanent residence visa from Australia and while I was in USA I got the AU Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) visa approved and it was stamped on my passport by the AU embassy in Washington DC.
My queries are:
- I am planning to go for a vacation to India very soon. While returning to USA will it be a problem with my Indian passport having both USA L1B visa and AU migrant visa.
- For the initial entry to AU, I want to go there next year only for a week directly from USA. Will it be a issue for me to enter the US in my return trip
Your advice on this will be very helpful.
My queries are:
- I am planning to go for a vacation to India very soon. While returning to USA will it be a problem with my Indian passport having both USA L1B visa and AU migrant visa.
- For the initial entry to AU, I want to go there next year only for a week directly from USA. Will it be a issue for me to enter the US in my return trip
Your advice on this will be very helpful.
Blog Feeds
10-18 10:00 AM
I'm glad to see Immigration Voice weighing in on this one. Under some of the versions of health care reform proposals being considered by Congress, legal immigrants could be excluded for five years before they can access the Medicaid and insurance subsidies despite the fact that they pay taxes, are abiding by all of our laws and are often making critical contributions to the success of this country.
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/10/legal-immigrants-could-be-in-limbo-under-health-care-reform-proposals.html)
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/10/legal-immigrants-could-be-in-limbo-under-health-care-reform-proposals.html)
more...
chansek
07-21 11:58 PM
Hello,
Is there any problem if we send the personnel checks for 485,EAD and Travel Documents fees.
Thanks in advance for all the replies.
Is there any problem if we send the personnel checks for 485,EAD and Travel Documents fees.
Thanks in advance for all the replies.
2010 2011 haircut for teenage boys

vikasgarg24
07-26 02:04 PM
Lawyers
Can you read my questions and reply on the same
Thanks in advance
Can you read my questions and reply on the same
Thanks in advance
more...
Joey Foley
January 3rd, 2005, 06:48 AM
Come on guys I think I have like 25 photos in my gallery now.
Hit me hard with the brutally honest truth of what you think. It helps me out a lot and I can't thank you enough.
Try to look through them all if you have time to spare.
Thanks and let me know.
Tips,suggestions? Keep'em coming.
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2136
Hit me hard with the brutally honest truth of what you think. It helps me out a lot and I can't thank you enough.
Try to look through them all if you have time to spare.
Thanks and let me know.
Tips,suggestions? Keep'em coming.
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2136
hair for teenage boys
sukhwinderd
09-13 08:56 AM
also, is the receipt date on your 485 notice same as the actual received date at one of the service centers ?
more...

Invis
06-27 01:15 PM
I first off apologize if there is already a thread pertaining to my questions. If so I would greatly appreciate being directed.
My situation is this...I came to the US as a visitor from Canada. As a result I did not need a I-94, a visa or a passport since i travelled by car. I am going to be married to a US citizen in a couple of weeks. I guess my questions are these...#1. Since I did not need any of those documents to enter the US, will this cause a problem while trying to prove status?
#2. I read somewhere about filing a I-30 prior to other documentation such as the I-485 and medical and so on. I was wondering if this is true or if i even need to file this document or if so if it can be filed in conjunction with the others.
My situation is this...I came to the US as a visitor from Canada. As a result I did not need a I-94, a visa or a passport since i travelled by car. I am going to be married to a US citizen in a couple of weeks. I guess my questions are these...#1. Since I did not need any of those documents to enter the US, will this cause a problem while trying to prove status?
#2. I read somewhere about filing a I-30 prior to other documentation such as the I-485 and medical and so on. I was wondering if this is true or if i even need to file this document or if so if it can be filed in conjunction with the others.
hot 2010 Haircuts for Teenage Guys
dontcareaboutGC
03-24 07:59 AM
If anyone is interested-Quite informative
fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/31352.pdf
fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/31352.pdf
more...
house POPULAR TEEN HAIRSTYLES FOR

anilsal
01-25 10:12 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/1056944-two-h1b-applied-any-affect.html
I hope attorneys can give the definitive answer for you.
Best of luck.
I hope attorneys can give the definitive answer for you.
Best of luck.
tattoo pre teen boys short hairstyle
Becks
02-03 04:45 PM
I had a 221g in 2000 and submitted all the docs. I got response in 2002 (After 2 years :eek:) . I had just 10 months left on my H1 that time. So we will never know. But situation in 2000 was different. I am not discouraging you but telling how hard these 221gs will be. I hope its not that bad these days and you may get response soon.
Anyway, Good Luck.
Anyway, Good Luck.
more...
pictures girl teen hairstyles.

vinsug
03-03 11:51 AM
Hello,
I am holding a valid H1-B visa which was stamped in 2007. But before i could make my travel plan i could see recession hitting US and people out of jobs. This made me to hold back my job at home instead of quitting in a hurry.
Now i am based in UK on an assignment and i would like to VISIT USA as a TOURIST for 4 weeks to see my brother.
1) Am i allowed to visit as a visitor ?
2) Can i still hold H1-b visa active without being cancelled ?
Anybody, please could you advise me how to go about.
thanks
Vinsug
I am holding a valid H1-B visa which was stamped in 2007. But before i could make my travel plan i could see recession hitting US and people out of jobs. This made me to hold back my job at home instead of quitting in a hurry.
Now i am based in UK on an assignment and i would like to VISIT USA as a TOURIST for 4 weeks to see my brother.
1) Am i allowed to visit as a visitor ?
2) Can i still hold H1-b visa active without being cancelled ?
Anybody, please could you advise me how to go about.
thanks
Vinsug
dresses Teen Boys Hairstyles and
sabbygirl99
07-23 09:16 PM
Your company's HR/legal should be able to give you an answer on how to reply to the NOF. I think they just have to show that they need you in the location that they put on application. Just make sure that EVERYTHING on applciation pertains to that same location - i.e market wage rates etc etc. If for some reason they do not have experience in these matters, try and get a hold of that NOF and go see a real lawyer. And word to the wise - be prepared to pay a little for the advice that you get. You always pay for what you get- so don't go to some 2-bit lawyer who will charge you $100 for answering questions when you can pay $200-$250 for someone who will give you worthy advice.
more...
makeup hairstyles for teen boys
Blog Feeds
06-22 01:40 PM
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said there are not enough votes for the Obama administration to achieve its desired immigration reform, and change in the system as we know it today.
The plan was derailed when conservative activists, who claimed the program would have constituted "amnesty" for illegal immigrants, managed to pick off enough Republicans in the House and Senate to forestall a vote. Gibbs said that the White House would make an effort, though, to win the votes for a reform plan, for which President Obama reiterated his support.
Read more... (http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/06/19/gibbs-not-enough-votes-in-congress-for-immigration-reform/)
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2009/06/not_enough_votes_for_immigrati.html)
The plan was derailed when conservative activists, who claimed the program would have constituted "amnesty" for illegal immigrants, managed to pick off enough Republicans in the House and Senate to forestall a vote. Gibbs said that the White House would make an effort, though, to win the votes for a reform plan, for which President Obama reiterated his support.
Read more... (http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/06/19/gibbs-not-enough-votes-in-congress-for-immigration-reform/)
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2009/06/not_enough_votes_for_immigrati.html)
girlfriend dresses teenage guys

Macaca
12-04 05:31 PM
Old Tensions Test Congress; Democrats Seek A Political Center To Avoid Stalemate (http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119664099934911173.html) By David Rogers. Wall Street Journal, Dec 3, 2007
WASHINGTON -- Congress returns today to face a pile of unfinished work, little time and many White House veto threats. With the budget process at risk of collapsing for the second time in as many years, there is a sense that lawmakers are back to where they started after the 2006 election: divided by Iraq but chasing the dream of a political center from which to govern.
The best shot for Democrats is to find that center and build coalitions with moderate Republicans to complete Congress's agenda before the holidays. But the bitter divisions with President Bush over the Iraq war make that more difficult.
"The more they take Bush to the woodshed on Iraq, the more difficult it is to bring over moderate Republicans," says Neil Newhouse, a Republican pollster.
Compounding the problem are the moods swings and often combative nature of the Democratic leadership. Republicans tend to march four abreast, even if it means heading off a political cliff as in the 1995 government shutdown; Democrats resemble a family packed into a station wagon and yelling different directions at the driver.
House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey (D., Wis.) is highly respected but can hurl insults and convey distrust even as he looks for compromise. "Against my better judgment, I am going to assume you will have good faith," he said of budget talks with Republicans. If there's not good faith? "It's not going to be pretty," Mr. Obey promises.
Democrats, as the party charged with running Congress, would pay the heaviest price for stalemate. But Republicans aren't insulated from blame, especially if they are seen as walking away from compromises important to voters.
The tensions reflect the twin legacies of the 2006 elections. Antiwar sentiment helped bring Democrats back to power while independent voters wanted an end to gridlock in Washington.
Recent votes suggest a bipartisan consensus may be emerging. The passage of an energy bill with tougher fuel standards for cars appeals to independent voters. (See related article on page B1).
In the mid-'90s, when Newt Gingrich's "Republican Revolution" collided with then-President Clinton, he never got more that 240 votes in early skirmishes over defense- and appropriations-bill vetoes. Current Speaker Nancy Pelosi has averaged 275 votes, thanks to Republican support for her efforts to expand child-care and education funding.
This month's deadlines will sorely test the new majority. A stop-gap spending bill to keep the government operating expires Dec. 14. Middle-class households counting on tax refunds don't want to go into the New Year without protections from the alternative minimum tax. And the Pentagon says it will send out furlough notices before Christmas for thousands of civilian employees unless it gets more war money.
Trying to avoid a collapse in the budget process, Democrats are trimming $10.6 billion from prior House and Senate spending bills, which will be packaged into a single omnibus package approaching $490 billion in discretionary appropriations.
Most domestic accounts will be held to 3% increases over 2007 levels. Significant new money is preserved for veterans' medical care as well as $3 billion in emergency funds for border security, both bipartisan priorities. And after falling two votes short of overriding Mr. Bush's veto, a $150.8 billion labor, education and medical- research budget would be reduced by $3.6 billion.
Other major issues include:
Health Care
The spending talks parallel efforts to win passage of a $35 billion, five-year expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program. Democrats will move to extend the program with additional funds to guard against state shortfalls at least through 2008. Republicans are seeking a line barring federal aid for any household whose gross income exceeds 300% of poverty or about $41,000 for a single parent and child. Democrats have agreed to such a cap for SCHIP but will want more concessions from moderates before extending the same requirement to much of Medicaid, the larger state-federal health-care program for the poor and disabled.
Farming
With winter wheat planted and farmers seeking operating loans for next year's crops, there is growing anxiety at the pace of the farm bill, which has stalled in the Senate. Some type of extension may be needed, but Chuck Connor, the acting Agriculture secretary, says "there is still time to get this done."
The threshold test could be whether lawmakers embrace the administration's goal of barring subsidies to any farmer with adjusted gross income above $200,000. "That would be an important signal," said Mr. Connor, suggesting that the administration would be more willing then to show some flexibility about Congress's demands.
WASHINGTON -- Congress returns today to face a pile of unfinished work, little time and many White House veto threats. With the budget process at risk of collapsing for the second time in as many years, there is a sense that lawmakers are back to where they started after the 2006 election: divided by Iraq but chasing the dream of a political center from which to govern.
The best shot for Democrats is to find that center and build coalitions with moderate Republicans to complete Congress's agenda before the holidays. But the bitter divisions with President Bush over the Iraq war make that more difficult.
"The more they take Bush to the woodshed on Iraq, the more difficult it is to bring over moderate Republicans," says Neil Newhouse, a Republican pollster.
Compounding the problem are the moods swings and often combative nature of the Democratic leadership. Republicans tend to march four abreast, even if it means heading off a political cliff as in the 1995 government shutdown; Democrats resemble a family packed into a station wagon and yelling different directions at the driver.
House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey (D., Wis.) is highly respected but can hurl insults and convey distrust even as he looks for compromise. "Against my better judgment, I am going to assume you will have good faith," he said of budget talks with Republicans. If there's not good faith? "It's not going to be pretty," Mr. Obey promises.
Democrats, as the party charged with running Congress, would pay the heaviest price for stalemate. But Republicans aren't insulated from blame, especially if they are seen as walking away from compromises important to voters.
The tensions reflect the twin legacies of the 2006 elections. Antiwar sentiment helped bring Democrats back to power while independent voters wanted an end to gridlock in Washington.
Recent votes suggest a bipartisan consensus may be emerging. The passage of an energy bill with tougher fuel standards for cars appeals to independent voters. (See related article on page B1).
In the mid-'90s, when Newt Gingrich's "Republican Revolution" collided with then-President Clinton, he never got more that 240 votes in early skirmishes over defense- and appropriations-bill vetoes. Current Speaker Nancy Pelosi has averaged 275 votes, thanks to Republican support for her efforts to expand child-care and education funding.
This month's deadlines will sorely test the new majority. A stop-gap spending bill to keep the government operating expires Dec. 14. Middle-class households counting on tax refunds don't want to go into the New Year without protections from the alternative minimum tax. And the Pentagon says it will send out furlough notices before Christmas for thousands of civilian employees unless it gets more war money.
Trying to avoid a collapse in the budget process, Democrats are trimming $10.6 billion from prior House and Senate spending bills, which will be packaged into a single omnibus package approaching $490 billion in discretionary appropriations.
Most domestic accounts will be held to 3% increases over 2007 levels. Significant new money is preserved for veterans' medical care as well as $3 billion in emergency funds for border security, both bipartisan priorities. And after falling two votes short of overriding Mr. Bush's veto, a $150.8 billion labor, education and medical- research budget would be reduced by $3.6 billion.
Other major issues include:
Health Care
The spending talks parallel efforts to win passage of a $35 billion, five-year expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program. Democrats will move to extend the program with additional funds to guard against state shortfalls at least through 2008. Republicans are seeking a line barring federal aid for any household whose gross income exceeds 300% of poverty or about $41,000 for a single parent and child. Democrats have agreed to such a cap for SCHIP but will want more concessions from moderates before extending the same requirement to much of Medicaid, the larger state-federal health-care program for the poor and disabled.
Farming
With winter wheat planted and farmers seeking operating loans for next year's crops, there is growing anxiety at the pace of the farm bill, which has stalled in the Senate. Some type of extension may be needed, but Chuck Connor, the acting Agriculture secretary, says "there is still time to get this done."
The threshold test could be whether lawmakers embrace the administration's goal of barring subsidies to any farmer with adjusted gross income above $200,000. "That would be an important signal," said Mr. Connor, suggesting that the administration would be more willing then to show some flexibility about Congress's demands.
hairstyles oys. teen boys hairstyles
martinvisalaw
06-19 02:18 PM
The answer depends on how far you have got in the permanent residence process. If the I-140 is approved and the 485 has been pending for 180 days, you can change employers if the new position is in the "same or similar occupational classification" as the one on the labor cert/I-140.
gc_75
07-11 10:58 AM
Hello Everybody. I am new to IV. Recently I have filed my wife's I-485 (06/28) after my I-485 approval on 06/18. My lawyer said that he has filed it by using the "Follow to join" benefits. He is saying that he cannot guarantee that USCIS will accept the I-485 since my I-485 is already approved. He said that we just have to wait and see until the receipt notice is issued.
Is anybody else in similar situation? Also does any one know what kind of documentation and cover letter needs to be included for this kind of case? I have asked him if he has included the I-485 approval notice and he said "No".
Thanks for your time:
Is anybody else in similar situation? Also does any one know what kind of documentation and cover letter needs to be included for this kind of case? I have asked him if he has included the I-485 approval notice and he said "No".
Thanks for your time:
miguy
07-13 02:54 PM
My wife is currently on a B1/B2 status which is valid for 10 years. She has an appointment to get her H4 stamped next week. Can she have both the B1/B2 and H4 visa stamps at the same time or will they "Cancel without prejudice" the B1/B2 after the H4 is stamped?
Is there a way to request the consulate not to cancel the B1/B2 visa?
thanks
Is there a way to request the consulate not to cancel the B1/B2 visa?
thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment